• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

Levitas

the moon
The big mi discussion topic is for spam like that^^^^^

Please either come to the UMBs or feel free to not post spam.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Well if traffic is really that big of a deal we can just come to the first one in November. I would rather come later when more people are there if that many people are really going to the game. The thing is saturdays are pretty much the day that works for me and this is probably only going to happen if I organize it.

Ha ha smash>football.

Levitas

the moon
The football game really shouldn't affect attendance much, it's just going to make getting there considerably harder. This is assuming that the time of the football game is relatively early. One of us will check on the time of that game, and see if it'll make a difference for traffic.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By one of us, he means me.

October 13th's game will be noon, October 27th's game is to be announced. November 10th is an away game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By the way, this is a biweekly. Every two weeks. There's no biweekly on the 20th of October.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
What's with scotu always slacking on the vids. I'd like to see biggy's sexy falcon while I'm not playing.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Actually, ironically, i had all the singles bracket vids up like almost a week ago, i just forgot to link them to the site after letting it upload overnight. I'll be doing that by monday/ tuesady. got exams coming up preventing me from doing it tomorrow.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
So each week we get more new people, but the total people remains at about 25 people. I hear more and more people each time say that they aren't good enough to play in a tournament yet. Playing in a tournament is the BEST way to get better. You get to play with people better than you, you see where you need to improve on, and you are surrounded by people who would be more than willing to play with you and tell you what areas you are lacking and how to improve. Even if you aren't good, because of pools, you will generally play 6 matches of tournament play (thats if you lose all your matches), and even if you lose, its only $5, for the whole day, including all the friendlies you can get in against good people.

Ok, I'm done rambling, but people seriously just come if you want to get better.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I will forever be haunted by that word... noob... I can't believe it. I'm a noob? I just don't know what to do with myself now. MM falco ditto 75 cents, best of 10!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What happens if it goes 5-5? Do you have to break a penny so each of you get 37.5 cents?

Kail

Smash Lord
Playing in a tournament is the BEST way to get better. You get to play with people better than you, you see where you need to improve on, and you are surrounded by people who would be more than willing to play with you and tell you what areas you are lacking and how to improve.
That goes for me especially, I'll help anyway I can, provided I don't hate you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We're having a little trouble deciding, so we're going to ask the audience:

Would you rather our next UMB be on Saturday or Sunday? I am aware that Saturday would work out better for some people, but UofM also has a home game on Saturday at noon, which might cause significant traffic issues on the highways.

Top Bottom