• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

kyehawk586

Smash Rookie
haha can't wait to see everyone again and get beat up in brawl XD
hopefully my first venture into brawl won't end up in total epic phailure

cya guys tomorrow!

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
I'll hopefully be makin my debut here. Dunno though, I got this dumb gamestop tourney at 2. Maybe I'll get there in time for singles. =/

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Kagu: awesome.

If anyone else would be willing to bring their horribly small tv's, DO IT.

Lain, can you bring your tv again?

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
if uh dbs responds ill prolly go wit him n culd take u if u dont go wit ur one friend, cause i hate driving far places myself...i would most likely get lost.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Yeah I wanna go So if you could drive...that would be great and if Science go that would be even more great lol

Road Trip!

But yeah I sent you a message thax

and science wats your cellphone number?
you too thax

just hit me in a message

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
wow, thax is bringing people and thus being much like a not tool. ****ing sweet. See you guys tomorrow.

dario03

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. Me and my friend were planning to make this our first tourny so we will be there tommorow. But I'm wondering if its been decided that this is a Brawl only tourny? I read back a few pages and you guys said there would maybe be a Melee tourny also. Its looking like theres not, which is not good for me since I have very low experience in Brawl. I'll still be there though. However if theres only a Brawl tourny would there maybe be some just for fun Melees?

Looking forward to tommorow and I guess I'll see some of you there...

rofa

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone, me and my big roomate zaro will be there tomorrow. remember me jman? I was the one who spaced and never called you back before, heh. But yeah I guess I'll see you all tomorrow, sleep well...

D_B_S

Smash Lord
UMM Im still waiting on Thaz Reply and/or phone call.... but yeah hopefully Ill be there

anyone wanan be my back up ride :)

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
if theres 30 ppl and only 3 setups im a be pretty mad...i would bring one but its not my wii

ay i got a new name 2, no more thaxceptional1 my name is ikedadon

lain

Smash Master
errrr MAYBE. but don't count on it. i have to soon leave afterwards to get to a birthday party >.>

i guess i'll make it for doubles

who wants to teamsies? i promise i can play well XD

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
thax: don't worry, we will have more than 3 setups, and the way its looking, we'll have more than 30 people too.

dario: this is going to be an only brawl tourney but depending on the amount of tv's available, we'll most likely have a melee setup. And also if you bring a tv, then the chances of a melee setup will go significantly up.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
good tournament, quite fun. wish i had more time to play during this last week. but next bi weekly, it's on. some shouts:

jman/ levitas/ dave/ whatever u call urself now heh - ur lucas was awesome, made me want to play as him. I'm gonna try 'n get good with him for next bi weekly for sure. oh and we should play sometime, i SWEAR i won't flake this time lolol.

scotu - excellent job running everything, and a great ike

randizzle - was fun playing you, too bad you couldn't stay for singles i think you'd have done well, but i dunno lol

alex/vayseth - crazy ddd chain grabs. that's super sweet u discovered that infinite. i was like OMG OMG. sorry I didn't have more smokes to bum you, heh

anther - my roomate, tubie, thinks you are a god. he keeps talking about your crazy mind games lol. he's practicing as pikachu right now in fact, lol.

anyways, was fun, can't wait for the next one.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Whoa alex discovered the DDD infinite? Nice!
I didn't discover it, I just have done the most in-depth technical analysis of the move and exactly how it works. Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UyrHXK36A

Most people claim you have to move forward for it to work, I proved them wrong (save bowser). Ankoku is responsible for what I know about the stale move list, and the idea to punch between each hit to make the throw last longer. After testing it in tournament today, even at high percents it is SUPER hard to keep Luigi in the infinite without them breaking out. It does nice dmg still tho. I'll try to get my timing faster and test it again.

It was nice seeing everyone there! And, don't worry about bumming cigs. Hopefully by the next UMB, I'll finally have quit, or Jman will make fun of me more =P

Anther

Smash Champion
anther - my roomate, tubie, thinks you are a god. he keeps talking about your crazy mind games lol. he's practicing as pikachu right now in fact, lol.
Sillyness =P. Plus.. I don't have crazy mindgames.. I just get distracted and start doing stuff...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Everyone, thanks for coming!

sorry i'm kinda lazy, else i'd post more shoutouts

Anther: good job. You're not allowed to kill my Ike at under 40% anymore.

DBS, Korora - Glad you guys could make it here even though you're from out of state and stuffs.

Kagu - good ****. Your ROB is like, way too good. Congrats at being like, the only person to do significantly better in Brawl than in Melee.

Ankoku - told you you were good.

@Alex/ Aaron - so i guess the team counterpicking Corneria loses.

Everyone else - thanks for coming, hope you had a good time and ****s, and thanks for bringing TVs and setups

Top Bottom