• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofT (Downtown Toronto) Thread

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
*********This Thread Is Here To Announce All Events That Are Happening In Downtown Toronto*********

Alright,

When: Saturday, Feb. 16th (This date may be subject to change depending on situation)

Where: 64 Augusta Ave.

Event: Friendlies only. We could also split everyone up into crews as well for crew battles for fun (not for money since some of us kinda suck :( ).

People attending: Ok, We are MAXED OUT on space as of now. I'll only allow more spots to ppl that I know well.
1) Me (Tzunami)
2) My Roomate
3) Prey11
4) Idea
5) Sleaf
6) Sleaf's Friend
7) Tysons
8) Tysons' Friend
9) Anthony
10) Runawayfire
11) Raynex
12) Pkmnfiend
13)'' '' friend
14)'' '' friend
15)'' '' friend
16)Stos
17)Europhoria
18)Bulgymilk

Setups:
We have 2 TV's so far, 1 more would be greatly appreciated.

Directions:
Take the TTC to Spadina Station and take any streetcar that's going south and get off at Dundas. From there, it's about a 5 minute walk to our place. I can wait for people at the Dundas and Spadina intersection if needed.

If you are driving then you will have to drive south on Spadina untill you hit Queen st. -- Then from there you can make a right turn (towards the west) and then take another right turn once you to Augusta Ave. (This is because Augusta ave. is a one way road.)

***We live on the second floor of the house. So either give me a call on my cell or ring the door-bell for second floor once you get here. (This is unless I leave the doors open which I'll probably do for the first little bit.

Mapquest link

Option: If people wanna split on booze then I can go to the LCBO and pick some up as well. But only if people want to split on it.

***Please let me know if you are going to come as space is limited.

*****We may host another depending on how this one goes.

Edit: My MSN = Steven_Tzu@hotmail.com
Msg me on there if you wanna clarify on directions or something.

☼☼☼UofT Club Idea☼☼☼
Hmmm, Averance suggested that I make a UofT smash club for next year. With a club at UofT, I can sign out rooms, have offices and receive funding from the university which will really help in organizing events. But I was wondering, how many people from UofT would be interested in this idea? Cus I don't know that many UofT smashers and I can't really make a club if no one's gonna join it... otherwise, I'd get like no funding .

So errrm, I guess let me know here if your from UofT and would like to either:
a) join the club, or
b) apply for a executive position.
Don't worry, being in a executive position would look good on a resume and your job is basically to play smash >____>. If enough ppl actually want in then I'll seriously try to make it happen. Cus then we can have regular smashfests in LARGE facilities and receive funding to make good events with and possibly provide free food during smashfests. Also, we can sign out multiple rooms for a large tournament if we wished to do so.

Just wanted some feedback since I hardly know anyone from UofT that plays smash. So if any of your friends come to UofT and are interested just let me know so I can estimate the numbers.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
first!

u shud like.. make this a biweekly
going to dragon_hawk's thing took too long to get to from downtown though we should all go occasionally since they're like.. all good and stuff:(
mostly i'm lazy
and the walk to ur place is apparently as long as the walk to the campus

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Lol, we may depending on how well this works out. I mean, our place isn't the most ideal place to be hosting events. It's kinda messy (cus no one really cleans their rooms in university) and it's sorta limited on space. And we'd probably be only getting 3 games going at once here. Also, we're having trouble finding people who can bring TV's =P. So until we get everything sorted out, this'll just be our trial run.

Though it'd be really nice to have a regular smash thing going on downtown. Cus Thornhill and Sauga are just a pain to commute to from downtown.

idea

Smash Master
i'm going...but you already knew that. and i am most likely willing to split on booze. and i'll bring game/memory card in case one screws up (that happened at david's last bi-weekly).

could you tell me what intersection spadina station is at, so i'd be able to find myself on the map just after leaving the station?

and finally...even number of people = good for doubles.

Edit: I'm Kyle, for everyone else reading this.

Tysons

Smash Rookie
i dun think it's actually full... it's just he's making a list
though apparently his place is small / messy so we'll just have to wait for his response

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Alright, there's a spot or two freed up, so I can add stos to that list =P.

Oh and by Spadina Station, I meant the subway station. So the station should be on Spadina and Bloor.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I may come, depends how long I'll be staying at my friends house after his birthday party ;)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Alright, there's a spot or two freed up, so I can add stos to that list =P.

Oh and by Spadina Station, I meant the subway station. So the station should be on Spadina and Bloor.
Yo actually take me out sorry.
Cause i gotta study for my exams and ****.
Maybe if your holding another one next next weekend ill reach then.

JoeD

Smash Rookie
What's the parking like at or around your place? If I can get some free parking I can bring a TV

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
What's the parking like at or around your place? If I can get some free parking I can bring a TV
There should definetly be a free parking spot at the back. If not there is daytime street parking.

**Note: Some ppl are bailing due to high school exams. So more spots are open if anyone is interested. Just let me know and I'll add you to the coming list, if not, then 9 ppl will be plenty.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Put me down.

Also, something like a two dollar tournament would be awesome.
Done, and we may have a small tourney even enough people want it. I'll set a vote for the tourney and stuff when people gets here.

***Note: Oh, and if people want my cell #, then just send me a msg either on MSN or on here and I'll give my # to them since I don't want people to get lost along the way.

Edit: By the way, if any of you guys are driving, then please note that Augusta is a one way road that's heading North. So if you want to drive here then you will have to drive down to Queen st. and turn onto Augusta that way.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
LOLLLLL THERE IS A FERNARD COMING TO THIS

Omg, Ryan should like NOT team with Bernard so that Bernard and Fernard can team up. Hoooly.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Lol, well, we could host this again, but due to term tests and stuff, I think we better have this during reading week.

idea

Smash Master
york's reading week is the 10th-15th (plus weekends before and after), and includes "family day" which might be the 18th.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Our reading week is 1 week after you guys, so I might host another on the overlapping weekend.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
I'd be interested in making an appearance at one of these things, assuming space and stuff allow. Just needs ta know when it's happenin and if there are too many already.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
K my exams are done.
Soo yeah, I was about make the other one..
but i had to study for the exams.
how'd the first one go?
hopefully theirs another one.
yeah if thiers another one make it after all your exams.
its much cooler.
like stos.
XD

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
K my exams are done.
Soo yeah, I was about make the other one..
but i had to study for the exams.
how'd the first one go?
hopefully theirs another one.
yeah if thiers another one make it after all your exams.
its much cooler.
like stos.
XD
lol Stos thinks he's gonna actually become something in his life time. rofl.

I like this thing you guys do, have newbs come out and play so that they slowly get better, have Stos come, he's ****ing garbage.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol Stos thinks he's gonna actually become something in his life time. rofl.

I like this thing you guys do, have newbs come out and play so that they slowly get better, have Stos come, he's ****ing garbage.
LOL YOUR A NEWB.
"YO MAN HAVE TO MONEY MATCH YOU"
*decines money match but plays one game since i had to leave*
*rhapes you*
"later yo"
"Shut up bissh swallow =]"
YO Adana..
your mom.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Ok,

I will try to make this again on Feb. 17th. This will be the weekend when the York reading week ends and when the UofT reading week starts. I think this might be the best way to accomodate everyone.

I might also make a mini tournament if ppl want to with like a $2 entrance fee. But only if ppl tell me that they want to.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
i'll try and make this one, but my reading is right after the uot reading week so depending on the ammount of work i have that week, i'll make it out

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
have them hang around outside playing guitar and call their numbers, they might make a few bucks...yeah?

oh and kyle, im gona add your wii # .... happy gilmore's awesome!

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
lol go to you wii homepage > mail icon in bottom right corner > address book> it shows your wii # and if you flip the page it gives you a list > click on empty slot and the rest is pretty straight forward

Tysons

Smash Rookie
so i'm coming, as we kinda confirmed earlier today! a friend might come
someone plz bring brawl + modded wii plz... can't wait to play + i know some people have it somewhere... =D

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Ok, Due to a request, I have moved this to Saturday the 16th instead. It's only 1 day earlier. If anyone wishes to have the date moved back to Sunday then plz let me know and I'll work towards the majority. I know this is a bit close to valentine's day as well so let me know if anyone's got a problem with saturday.

Top Bottom