• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up air Juggling

DavE P

Smash Cadet
i recently got down the up air shffls and i gotta say it feels good chaingrabing into up air shffl then a Fsmash. but im still having trouble juggling. can anyone give me advice on how to juggle with the Upair. i saw some vids and i see people moving left to right? any tips on how to master moving Uairs as well?

Chris7x

Smash Cadet
If you don't use the C-Stick to use aerials I suggest you do. They make moving while doing attacks a ton easier, if thats the answer your looking for. I don't know much about roy so I can't say much about the actual juggle

DavE P

Smash Cadet
i find it hard to do up ariels with c-stick because theirs a high chance youll go little to the left or right and get a Fair or a Bair. anyway to juggle without the c-stick?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Make sure you move while in the SHFFL. you don't have to stand still while SFFLing. all i can say. BTW chris7x that sig WINS.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
dont bother uair juggling; its much too bothersome and can only be performed at certain percentages with specific characters, if they dont DI out of it.

and WTF at handsockpuppet, WAVELANDING after an aerial? you'd have to be fairly high up in the air to get rid of the lag first then waveland. you dont know what youre talking about.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
dont bother uair juggling; its much too bothersome and can only be performed at certain percentages with specific characters, if they dont DI out of it.
it's an important technique so yes you should bother doing it.

and WTF at handsockpuppet, WAVELANDING after an aerial? you'd have to be fairly high up in the air to get rid of the lag first then waveland. you dont know what youre talking about.
I said it was tough. it's not impossible though. if you don't believe me, watch old videos of NEO.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol @ don't bother upair juggling.

Anyway Dave, you need to use the C-Stick. if you mess up when you use the C-stick, that means you need more practice. it doesn't mean theres something wrong with the technique. there's not a "high chance" of you messing up unless you haven't practiced it. If you're not willing to practice, there no reason for you to even be asking for tips.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
it is worth it. do you even play roy? I can't comprehend how a roy can be consistently successful without using his upair

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
it is worth it. do you even play roy? I can't comprehend how a roy can be consistently successful without using his upair
no no no i didnt mean its not worth it to uair. of course uair is important, just look at my vids. i was saying that its not worth going so high into the air, waiting for the land lag to wear off and then wavelanding after a shffl, which isnt very pragmatic in a real match or quite frankly, even possible with only sh.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Janitor is talking about this part;
It is worth it doing uair juggles. Lol @ only specific chars, its works on everyone, you just need to space and time it right. And if you do it right, they also can't DI out of it. 2-3 uairs do more damage than a double hit nair does, you just have to know when to apply it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Juggle whenever you have the chance, but I don't see why you would need to practice it. DavE, it isn't a matter of learning the juggle, it a matter of learning how to consistently SHFFL (with the c-stick). Juggling should come naturally after SHFFLing becomes a habit.

Also, I'm sure the only aerial that ends in time for a waveland (off of a single jump) is the f-air.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i thought that uair juggle only works well on floaties or fast fallers at high percentages?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Roy's uair knockback is variable based on what part of the blade you hit with. You can juggle any character if you space the uair properly.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
but you have to remember that higher percentages often make killing people harder for roy because of his lack of setups and ko moves.
i may not be getting something. are you implying that Roy has trouble getting kills is, or that it's tougher to kill in high percentages (LOL). and no, he has plenty of KO moves, but setting it up is the tough part.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i may not be getting something. are you implying that Roy has trouble getting kills is, or that it's tougher to kill in high percentages (LOL). and no, he has plenty of KO moves, but setting it up is the tough part.
its pretty hard to get a setup for a ko when your opponent is at higher percentages. sorry i wasnt clear enough.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Using the c-stick is easier for uairing when moving side to side, as said earlier. If you want to be able to throw out a storm of uairs whille still retaining your mobilty, you really wanna learn to do it with the c-stick.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I used to not do C-stick with my juggling. it was tough for me to move while doing it. Using C-stick is just so much easier. and that's coming from a person who still uses the analog stick to jump and only the "R" button when shielding or L-canceling.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
The C Stick is good to use. If you want to U-Air juggle fast, you'd be pressing the Up Button fast. Fast up buttons would mean accidently smashing it up making you do a full jump then a short hop.

Top Bottom