• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up-air refreshing??

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
I was reading this post that NEB posted (Refreshing :Uair has yet another unique quality, it refreshes your moves! This is just a polished facet that can make a difference in a battle. While your staling your opponents moves, your also refreshing your own, giving you a brand spanking new fair, dair or usmash (for instance) to put the icing on your KO. You’ve flattened foes with box and hammer all battle long, your moves are exhausted, and your opponent won’t give; have a quick, sensual, uair foreplay with your enemy.) does this mean only some moves refresh all your moves I thought all moves refresh your moves. and do u refresh moves even if u dont touch someone??

Neb

Smash Lord
Every move has the ability to refresh, its just different with uair since no one originally considered it to be an actual hitbox. But since it is, its way of refreshing is different from others because you don't need to physically touch your foe. It also stales your opponents techniques if they do an attack while being puffed.

Uair is best at juggling, and knowing that it refreshes means your not just keeping your foe afloat just to set-up an opening, your also sharpening your arsenal.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
I would just like to point something out, if your staling your opponents move (whichever one it is, who cares which one) you are REFRESHING the rest of his moves. thank you thank you very much your all too kind. not that its bad to Uair or anything, but its probably BEST when your at high% and they are at low, since then they will most likely have already respawned and their moves are all refreshed, while some of yours are stale because youve been around so long.

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to point something out, if your staling your opponents move (whichever one it is, who cares which one) you are REFRESHING the rest of his moves. thank you thank you very much your all too kind. not that its bad to Uair or anything, but its probably BEST when your at high% and they are at low, since then they will most likely have already respawned and their moves are all refreshed, while some of yours are stale because youve been around so long.
They'd have to use a move to refresh thiers

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
are there other moves with this effect ??
Depends on what you mean by "this effect"...

If you mean moves that refresh the rest of your moves, then yes. FYI, the game only remembers the last 9 moves that hit, and each "slot" remembered is any moves that require input. So even though you press B once with MK and hit 8 times, you only have one refreshed slot...yea....

If you mean moves that have invisible, undamaging, and HUGE hitboxes, I can't think of any others..

Top Bottom