• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-b bouncing off the stage?

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
Some good news is that with the recent patch the bounce now sends greninja upward and slightly away from the ledge which I've noticed can really throw off some fsmash edgeguards and other edgeguards on a more situational basis. I discovered that use by mistake and since then I've been deliberately hitting that spot when the other guy charges up a smash of any sort.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
But anyways. This sucks when this happens to you, and we should not recover horizontally to make a ledge snap. If you do want to recover totally horizontally, land on the stage. I'd say its not totally impactful, since recovering from below is one of the safer ways to recover in many situations.
You know this was patched out right? No longer a concern, hydropump in any direction with impunity! When this does happen (which is less often) you can still DI towards the stage and snap the ledge, it's just now your opponent has a chance to punish while you tumble for some frames.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, dying to fsmash after my snap fails or not reacting to my character randomly not grabbing the ledge in time is still annoying and deadly. I am glad its not certain death, but if someone was waiting at the ledge, and you're not at really low damage, it might be death anyways.

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
Have you tried forcing a headbonk just below the ledge?
I've done it once or twice and it pretty much guarantees a ledge snap. I've snuck through some intense ledge guarding by hitting low and snapping up. It works best on FD by battledield can have it happen as well.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, you can hit the sweetspot pretty much at any angle also if you aim at the right area (don't go for the ledge, just the snap zone). It honestly happens to me mostly when im trying to hit a horizontal hydro pump, and sometimes I want to hit with a little water and land on the stage/snap the ledge, for a quick edgeguard... Then I bonk and get limit cross slashed, lul.

But yea, if you just mess around with HP at the ledge for an hour you'll be able to circumvent it pretty much.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
Have you tried forcing a headbonk just below the ledge?
I've done it once or twice and it pretty much guarantees a ledge snap. I've snuck through some intense ledge guarding by hitting low and snapping up. It works best on FD by battledield can have it happen as well.
I have tried this but sometimes if you space it improperly (from my experience if you do a horizontal pump towards the stage and don't let the second 2 pumps come you are more likely to bonk and snap. If you give it a lot of space you may just push into the stage and fall to your death. Seems a bit fancy right now given how easy it is to snap to the ledge.

Top Bottom