• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B Footstool?

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this has been posted before or if it's even what I'm thinking it is but I couldn't find any info about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H46okVzbdg

In this video, at around 1:36 it looks as if D3 was footstooled. But the problem is that Falco already used his double jump so it couldn't have been caused by that. Is it possible that it was the up-B that did it, even without a second jump? Was it caused from just pressing up while above D3? Or maybe it was an "air trip"?

I can't figure it out. Does anyone know what exactly is going on? I haven't tried recreating that situation, but I will try to when I have some time.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You can still footstool jump even if you do not have a second jump. It was not caused by the up B. You can actually footstool jump multiple times, the number of footstools depends on your character.

Sonic can also Footstool jump after his up B

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
Really... so you would just have to press up while in position for a footstool then? It didn't look like falco moved so I didn't think there was a jump but I guess it wasn't visible because falco went straight to firebird.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Mistake

Smash Rookie
Yep, I think it's cool how footstooling doesn't really count as a mid-air jump... I know that there's a separate "counter" for the amount of footstools you can perform off of an opponent (either 4 or 5, I forgot... and I'm also not sure if it's referring to one character only or if you could footstool off of different characters and "recharge").

Top Bottom