• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UP-B recovery

THO

Smash Apprentice
Just thought i'd throw this out there. If you up-b facing away from the stage and try to float and grab the edge you can't. You have to close the umbrella before you can grab it. Just thought i'd put that up after losing a match cuz I didn't know.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, that's the Melee way of doing turnarounds. In Brawl you just need to tilt your control stick enough in the other direction while still being mostly up to do a turnaround Up+B. It works the same way for turnaround Down+B, which didn't exist in Melee, interestingly enough.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
he, i killed with up b last night. didnt know that was in.

randomae

Smash Cadet
Actually, that's the Melee way of doing turnarounds. In Brawl you just need to tilt your control stick enough in the other direction while still being mostly up to do a turnaround Up+B. It works the same way for turnaround Down+B, which didn't exist in Melee, interestingly enough.
ORLY? Cool. I guess that simplifies it. Either way it saves your butt from killing yourself and getting a taunt.

Top Bottom