• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up B to EdgeGuard?

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
First of all if this was posted please lock or whatever u want to do with it
I used the search function but I didnt find this
So here it goes:
I was playing around with like against a friend, he was recovering and i did the Up B, and link did it for a split second and then grabed the edge, thus killing my friend
Does this have any practical use?
Or is it just flashy?
EDIT: It was edgegrab

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Actually I use the spin attack all the time to edgeguard because if it hits the tip of the sword, they will plummet to their doom. Its very useful, indeed. =]

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
I meant in a different way
Im gonna do a lil video to show u guys =]

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Yea, it's really just fun to watch. It's practical only in that you don't really need to stop at the edge, turn around, and WD back. Instead you just dash towards the edge and upB. It's barely faster, but slightly more dangerous. But mainly, it's just for show. I mean come on, it looks AWESOME.

Deva

Smash Lord
It is faster and looks cool but it's extremely risky. If he doesn't grab the edge, you die.

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
I think when you spin off, you need to DI toward the stage, cause whenever I don't I fall to my doom.
>_>
Yes that what I do
Im getting the hang of it
As soon as I can master it, Im making a vid:laugh:

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
First of all its not the tip the thing that causes the spike, to do a pseudo spike spin atack you have to hit your enemy an instant after the spin atack has begun, lets say on the second spin and it does not matter if its the tip or other part of the sword.

Top Bottom