• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up-b tricks

hitbox

Smash Rookie
i want to make zelda my main i really like her so far but i dont know how to use her up b that well any tips will help. thank you.

jtm94

Smash Lord
You can sweetspot the ledge when recovering, use it to ledge stall, wavedash out of it as long as you started from ground, edgehog from mid stage with it and sweetspot the ledge from there.

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
On platforms with three stages, you can basically go anywhere by wavelanding on the platforms or the ground or the instant edgehog, so if you can mix it up they'll be pretty scared whenever you use it. Don't get predictable by trying to just teleport behind them every time..

hitbox

Smash Rookie
yeah i just new the basic up b do you have to jump to port to edgehog. ty for the tips guys sorry i couldnt log in earlier the log in was glitched.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Basics, upB and hold a direction, then press shield and hold the joystick pointing into the ground just as you would a wavedash to cancel.

To ledge stall press away from the ledge or down on the c-stick to fall and IMMEDIATELY upB and Zelda will regrab the ledge.

To practice the edgehog just go on ANY level and jump onto the ledge, then shield to roll on as usual. THEN, you will walk a step or two away from the ledge you rolled from and proceed to shorthop and teleport pointing the joystick diagonally towards the ledge you just came from. You do not need to do anything else and she should appear out of the full teleport and grab the ledge or if you do it perfectly she will just be on the ledge. This will help you figure out the spacing for ledgehogging from mid level. The spacing is approximately the same as the middle of the platforms on Pokemon stadium to the ledge as that is how I first got the spacing myself.

You can also be up in the air above the ledge(but inside the stage) and point it at a much steeper angle into the ledge.

You DO NOT need to jump, but it makes it easier usually(at least for me). It is possible to do it from stand and from platforms.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
The easiest way to edgehog with Farore's is to jump, aim toward the ledge, and let go of the control stick just before you appear near the ledge. If you don't let go you might overshoot the ledge and die.

Nobody mentioned that you can teleport in place either. Just aim the teleport directly downward. (Probably a more relevant observation in 3.0 since M2 can't tele in place lol)

jtm94

Smash Lord
Ohyeah I forgot that little tidbit.

Teleporting in place is super useful for mindgames, you can also juggle characters if you read their DI with the startup.

Top Bottom