• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

up smash spike?

SWaVEtHeX7MasterBoom

Smash Rookie
So, I was playing a game online with zanoske earlier today, he was playing as falco, both on our last life I launch him across the board and gave chase. He of course jumps up to grab the ledge as i mistakenly do an up smash out of my dash. Some how the up smash hit him and spiking him down and giving me the win. Has this ever happened to anyone else here? If so do you think its a practical tactic? If not I guess I'm just awesome. Either way I'll continue to experiment on me own with his one.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Marth's usmash stage spikes. It doesn't send the enemy down; it sends them up into the stage and then they bounce off the stage and die.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
umm.

yep it does, not to everyone tho it pops them in the air if it spike's.

Sever

Smash Rookie
and theres a problem with it functioning in the pal version ^^ i mean its barely usable in the NA and JP version but in the european version it is NOT usable at all... it's even more situational soooo dont try to learn it when ur EU what ur prolly not so nvm that >.<;

3xSwords

Smash Lord
This thread is a clear example of lack of usage of the search function, which unless you know every thread on this forum by heart you should use.

Just search up-smash stage spike to find a thread with very detailed info, on when, where, how, why, etc. It will save you quite a bit of time.

Browny

Smash Hater
and theres a problem with it functioning in the pal version ^^ i mean its barely usable in the NA and JP version but in the european version it is NOT usable at all... it's even more situational soooo dont try to learn it when ur EU what ur prolly not so nvm that >.<;
there is no difference in the versions whatsoever besides pokemon names in capitals and golden hammers being useable on boss battles. maybe a different framerate might make the specific timing of this different, but thats it

IDK

Smash Lord
ha, not like i discovered this, posted 2 threads on smashboards AND AiB, and had zero5 and xandeR help me research this. thanks dude.

Sever

Smash Rookie
there is no difference in the versions whatsoever besides pokemon names in capitals and golden hammers being useable on boss battles. maybe a different framerate might make the specific timing of this different, but thats it
do YOU have the PAL version? did YOU test it on the PAL version? no? then dont talk like u did -.- timing doesnt really matter when u try the usage of the usmash spike whilst the enemy hangs on the edge and ofc when i tried it my foot was over the ledge and i w8ed for the invils frames to wear of well it still didnt function.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
do YOU have the PAL version? did YOU test it on the PAL version? no? then dont talk like u did -.- timing doesnt really matter when u try the usage of the usmash spike whilst the enemy hangs on the edge and ofc when i tried it my foot was over the ledge and i w8ed for the invils frames to wear of well it still didnt function.

I have the PAL version and it works with me:)
And you are completely wrong about how to use it. It does NOT work when your opponent is hanging off the ledge, maybe with a few characters, but otherwise it doesn't. You have to be jumping from under to have it spike, it can also send them flying sideways.
And one more thing: Don't be so aggresive against others.

Roxmorf

Smash Cadet
I have the PAL version and it works with me:)
And you are completely wrong about how to use it. It does NOT work when your opponent is hanging off the ledge, maybe with a few characters, but otherwise it doesn't. You have to be jumping from under to have it spike, it can also send them flying sideways.
And one more thing: Don't be so aggresive against others.
I could repeat this whole post, entirely, (I also have the pal version) well I have one more thing to say: sever, I like your signature xD

Sever

Smash Rookie
thanks a bunch about the compliment about my sig ^^ but boyindo YOU dont understnad how it works cuz EL said that it works when he is hanging AND when hes getting to the edge the second thing does function whereas the first DOES NOT and THAT is what im talking about cuz that DOES function on the american/j version -.-;;

IDK

Smash Lord
depends on the character sever. I DISCOVERED THIS PEOPLE. go to xandeR's thread. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Sever

Smash Rookie
i know about xanders thread and i know about the specfc chara thingy i got ignored on xanders thread and oh well w/e ima stop discussing here im not in the mood. nice boat.

Top Bottom