• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Smash?

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
How useful is this move? It has little knockback and does even less damage.
I can only figure the opponent tripping, a hyphen smash to u-air.

Or am I just completely blind?

Czech

Smash Cadet
At low percentage you can do some combos with like Dash - U-Smash.

I sometimes you use as my running A just to mix things it.

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
I really like when someone is knocked over by a banana, and you do a running upsmash, it does more damage than a dash attack, and can still set up for aerials.

Neverendingend2

Smash Rookie
I usually use a banana to dash to upsmash, from there you can go up air, b air, or f air. massive beginning dmg

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Frustrates me to get hit by f-smash and frustrates even more to get hit by u-smash.

But thats just me.

I mean, the moves look so **** stupid. ><

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
It may not be a kill move, but Diddy's USmash is an awesome combo attack, especially when combined with a Dash Attack. If your opponent is low on damage, you can sometimes follow your USmash up with UAirs as well

Kilrain

Smash Rookie
I think it's the most damaging of diddy's dash attack follow-ups, but only combos at low percentages.

Xaile

Smash Cadet
I usually only U-Smash on accident with Diddy, usually intending it to be an U-Tilt, as a follow up to dash attack at lower percents. That said, it is useful at low percents, and can be followed into U-Airs fairly well (as others have said).

psike

Smash Apprentice
Great for getting Peach out of the air! Also, the dash combo is great, it does good damage and gets them in the air.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Even though priority in Smash is kinda whacky, Diddy's U-Smash seems to have great priority and a great hit box to boot.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
i like dash attack to utilt better because you can usually juggle two or three utilts and then aerial from their rather than just usmash.

I use usmash is a dash attack alternative for when I need a higher attack

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
usmash is good to rack up damage is good to use in combos. Its also good for mind games imo. Use and usmash right after the other to bring up damage.

Top Bottom