• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Update 1/7* Light/Forte VIDEOS (NEW** Mini Hobo 13 Videos)

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if you guys were plaining about writing your impressions about the game overall :p not that I'm asking you to, but just wondering if you were thinking about that, because it's been some time since you've been playing

forute

Smash Ace
Umm, sure but it'd help if you said exactly what you wanna know about otherwise I've just got like, "It's really good, I like ______" etc.

I think at this point what I can definitely say is that, I don't like ability to airdodge so long as you're in the air. It's seriously really dumb, and I'm just thankful light doesn't do it a lot. When I'm playing ada on the other hand, it basically makes it so apparent that you really can't hit people in the air anymore if they just airdodge a lot depending on your character. Zelda seriously has so much trouble landing an attack in the air, her game basically entirely revolves around being on the ground now and if they airdodge a lot you might as well just stand there and wait for them to land.

It got to the point last weekend where like, he actually got into a habit of airdodging right before he lands in anticipation of an attack, so I just gave up trying to juggle him and I'd hit him as soon as he lands with something that comes out quick like dsmash, since I knew at that point he was just gonna airdodge rather than attack. And it's not so much that it's hard to deal with because I'd win with 2stocks (out of 3) almost every match, and evading every attack like that basically means you have to give up all your chances to get in your OWN attacks too, it's just something that I really don't like.

I think they should've made amount of time between airdodges longer. =/

Kenrawr

Smash Master
No **** AJ. -.- I was wondering what triggers the randomness. Time, steps, etc.

But I guess that's a no anyway =[

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Of course AJ, we've known that for a while

Anyway, next time you guys post can you post another wolf vid or two?
I've been asked about him and I referred them to you and Steven's vids ._.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I was referring to what (if anything) triggers off the random trips.
I've been out of the loop for a lil' so I was wondering if anything new has been discovered.
You pointed out the obvious of "they're random" when I was looking for "what causes the random trips?"
See? :3 Anyways, I've shown those wolf vids. Was requesting some extras.
Let's not spam up your thread, I'm on AIM with my phone ._.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
be more specific maybe?
I was refering to the overall impresions of the game, like if you like the new gameplay mechanics or not because of ______ or if you believe that Brawl could have an important precense in the tourney scene as it is right now or could get later or not because of ______ and/or ______.

Things like that or more specifics impressions of things that made more impact on you, like what Forte posted:

Umm, sure but it'd help if you said exactly what you wanna know about otherwise I've just got like, "It's really good, I like ______" etc.

I think at this point what I can definitely say is that, I don't like ability to airdodge so long as you're in the air. It's seriously really dumb, and I'm just thankful light doesn't do it a lot. When I'm playing ada on the other hand, it basically makes it so apparent that you really can't hit people in the air anymore if they just airdodge a lot depending on your character. Zelda seriously has so much trouble landing an attack in the air, her game basically entirely revolves around being on the ground now and if they airdodge a lot you might as well just stand there and wait for them to land.

It got to the point last weekend where like, he actually got into a habit of airdodging right before he lands in anticipation of an attack, so I just gave up trying to juggle him and I'd hit him as soon as he lands with something that comes out quick like dsmash, since I knew at that point he was just gonna airdodge rather than attack. And it's not so much that it's hard to deal with because I'd win with 2stocks (out of 3) almost every match, and evading every attack like that basically means you have to give up all your chances to get in your OWN attacks too, it's just something that I really don't like.

I think they should've made amount of time between airdodges longer. =/
Things like that are what I'm interested to read (thanks Forte btw xD) :3 but I don't wanna annoy you, I mean, if any of you are gonna post things like this is because you feel like to xP

As for the airdodge thing, I thought something like that to but with all the vids I've seen so far, I never saw anyone (I think) really abusing the Airdodge, so I thought that it wasn't THAT abusable or it had less frames and wasn't that useful, I guess I was wrong xP

I hope I was clearer this time, I use to have problems expresing myself >< and my english is not too good anyway

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Yay Light! You're doing better!

Forte tends to shieldgrab a lot, but you're finding ways around it. That shield pressuring from G&W was pretty frightening too... the bair has so many hits, and the fair (sweetspotted?) just destroys the shield like it's a wet rag.

iLight

Smash Lord
yah the fair sweet spots and can kill if you don't use it too often/early. thats the main thing i have noticed is that i tend to try to kill too early so my kill moves no longer get the job done then he ends up building my damage up or finishing me and gets ahead in stocks and damage

fazares

Smash Apprentice
i must admit the mario player wasnt that good but i guess... better than nothing...

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
Haha I didn't see that one. -_-

Yeah, it's something I say everytime I go to Super Mario Sunshine. :D Gotta love that Super Mario 64 music. :p

Oh and now we have noise we should have played on some Mona Pizza. Haha.

iLight

Smash Lord
idk, i like playing as him alot and i'm definately best with him, its too early to decide still, but my best characters will probably be pit, gw, and wolf as of right now. Though once tourneys start it may change depending on how the tiers/counter characters turn out

forute

Smash Ace
Thanks
Yeah I remember, your Snake is the best I've played
We didn't play enough, I think we only did a couple friendly doubles and that one 1v1 match =/
You gonna be there next week?

Top Bottom