• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE:Added new Fox color. Check out my new MELEE texture hacks.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Chaddd is there a BMP or TGA file you could send me that I could make a custom Ganon? Got some ideas I'd like to play with on the color scheme.

BTW that outfit makes him look like Michael Jackson.
It's much more of a b*tch to do than people think. Like, all Ganondorfs image files are ripped from an emulator, and you have to convert those files into another format (TGA->TPL),then you have to use a Gamecube ISO tool to rip the color file for Ganondorf from the game. Whichever color you choose is the color you have to replace, otherwise you won't be able to replace the colors.

Anyway, you make a TPL for the original rip and one for the altered image, and search for the hex code of the original TPL file inside the Ganondorf color file using a Hex Editor, and replace it with the code for the one you changed.

And all the colors for melee are divided into little pieces. Like Ganon's boots are one image, his emblem is another, chestplate, arms, back, cape, and it goes on. Right now SleepyK and I are working on getting all the images online you'd need, and once we do I'll send you a PM.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247119

That's the guide for it.

Also, I can't stand Michael Jackson, that's why I kept his gloves red. I've been playing with it for a while and it's so much better than Michael Jackson.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
It's much more of a b*tch to do than people think. Like, all Ganondorfs image files are ripped from an emulator, and you have to convert those files into another format (TGA->TPL),then you have to use a Gamecube ISO tool to rip the color file for Ganondorf from the game. Whichever color you choose is the color you have to replace, otherwise you won't be able to replace the colors.

Anyway, you make a TPL for the original rip and one for the altered image, and search for the hex code of the original TPL file inside the Ganondorf color file using a Hex Editor, and replace it with the code for the one you changed.

And all the colors for melee are divided into little pieces. Like Ganon's boots are one image, his emblem is another, chestplate, arms, back, cape, and it goes on. Right now SleepyK and I are working on getting all the images online you'd need, and once we do I'll send you a PM.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247119

That's the guide for it.

Also, I can't stand Michael Jackson, that's why I kept his gloves red. I've been playing with it for a while and it's so much better than Michael Jackson.
I can't stand Michael Jackson either.

The whole replacing colors thing sounds like a hassle. I wanna get started (thanks SleepyK for the rar file) but I would wanna make something you could just screen shot real quick. If I were to download smash and an emulator could I just dump the files in there and get my custom color?

chaddd

Smash Lord
I can't stand Michael Jackson either.

The whole replacing colors thing sounds like a hassle. I wanna get started (thanks SleepyK for the rar file) but I would wanna make something you could just screen shot real quick. If I were to download smash and an emulator could I just dump the files in there and get my custom color?
Unfortunately you HAVE to Hex Edit to change the character file.

BUT, since I have mad respect for you, and I've been looking to put together some more good Ganon colors, if you take the images and photoshop them, I could Hex Edit them into the game for you. Just come up with the basic design for the Ganon color you want, and I'll do the rest.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Good looking Chaddd. I'll get to working on it. It'll be pretty simple. I want you to put the Akuma symbol in the back red on the black cape. It's just gonna be a black armor, purple under armor Ganon with silver jewels. I might just make a red under armor since the Ganon is red. If you like the design build upon it. If it looks whack don't even fvck with it. I just wanted to put something nice together.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
If there were a melee+ the only thing they'd need to change is to make weaker charachters stronger at least as strong as Captain Falcon! :D then I could whoop *** with my favorite charachers!

Top Bottom