• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**UPDATE**Let's Brawl Tournament in Toronto**UPDATE** Tournament Posted and Official

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
Attention all Brawlers,

***UPDATE Sunday, October 12th 2008***

The Smash Boards Post has been made on the tournament listings. You may now sign up on the forums and on October 17th you may sign up on the website that will be provided! Heres the Link!! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Lets Brawl Toronto will be hosting several tournaments in the greater Toronto area in the near future. Our current goal is to tally up information regarding the number of potentially interested participants. All players are welcome to enter the tournament where the venue, food and drinks and all essentials (BRAWL!) will be provided along with a friendly and comfortable environment.
There will be an entrance fee of:
20$ for singles
30$ per team for doubles

Prizes will be distributed from a percentage of the collected revenue whereby:

60% will go to first place
30% to second place and
10% to third place.

Standard tournament rules will apply. Further information including rules, stages and tournament format will be available upon request.

**This is not a basement tournament.

Feel free to post any comments, let us know if you're interrested and answer the poll. Also you're welcome to email us with any questions regarding the tournament.

Thank you for your time, Let's Brawl Toronto hopes to see you soon!

*************** UPDATE [10/01/08 ]*****************

Upon having gathered further information regarding the tournament, two things became apparent:

1) Due to geographical reasons, the players who have a fair bit of travelling to do would want an increase in the cash prizes.

2) Logistics are a big concern and therefore the location of the tournament would have to comply with easy public transit access.

To accommodate these predicaments, we’ve made some changes to our initial tournament set up:

1) We’ve narrowed the possible locations down to North York and downtown Toronto for the simple fact that it facilitates the travel for those seeking public transportation.

2) In order to increase the cash prizes, we’ve upped the entry fees as follows:
Singles entry fee is now 20$
Doubles entry fee is now 30$ per team (15$ per player)
We’ve also introduced a 5$ spectator fee (fee not applicable to players who’ve entered in either singles, doubles or both)

Here is the result of the new changes:

SINGLES

For 128 participants:

1st place WINNER 1152$
2nd place RUNNER UP 576$
3rd place BRONZE 192$

For 256 participants:

1st place WINNER 2304$
2nd place RUNNER UP 1152$
3rd place BRONZE 384 $

DOUBLES

For 64 participants:

1st place WINNER 844$
2nd place RUNNER UP 422$
3rd place BRONZE 140$

For 128 participants:

1st place WINNER 1688$
2nd place RUNNER UP 844 $
3rd place BRONZE 280 $

Stay tuned for future updates.
-Lets Brawl Toronto

*************** UPDATE [10/14/08 ]*****************

The Smash Boards Post has been made on the tournament listings. You may now sign up on the forums and on October 17th you may sign up on the website that will be provided! Heres the Link to the tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198900

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I've already posted in the AiB thread on this, but I will come to any nearby tournaments I can make it to (which due to college, won't be very many).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
4Serial: It sounds like he's talking about a series or circuit of tournaments, not just 1, so I wouldn't expect to see a single date just yet.

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
Based on the information we gather, the tournament may be held in Richmond Hill, North York or Toronto Ontario. We hope to encourage more than just the people living in those areas to join.
Depending on the number of participants, we will formulate a bracket for which the first half rounds will be best 2 out of 3 and the second half will be best 3 out of 5. Standard tournament rules will apply meaning no items, 3 stocks, 7 minute timer, MK's infinite cape glitch banned and any kind of stalling will not be tolerated. Neutral stages and counter picks. We anticipate our first event will take place between late November and mid December. Updates are coming as soon as more information is obtained. Thank you and stay tuned.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Is this MLG related? I'm sure if it's to be a big tournament some of us from Montreal would be interested in going. Chances to play the Toronto guys? Hell ya I'm in.

Sylvantes

Smash Apprentice
From the sounds of it, this is going to be pretty big for Toronto. Count me in. I've been waiting for a big one, not so excited about those weekly tourneys. And I'd love to play you guys from Montreal!!!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
OH GOD YES I'D COME.

I would come
And because of this comment, so will at least another 10-20 people :)

Based on the information we gather, the tournament may be held in Richmond Hill, North York or Toronto Ontario.
Richmond Hill please! That's like a 10 minute drive for me :)

Surely I'm not the only one who wants them in Richmond Hill...right? :p

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
Based on the information we gather, the tournament may be held in Richmond Hill, North York or Toronto Ontario. QUOTE]

Richmond Hill please! That's like a 10 minute drive for me :)

Surely I'm not the only one who wants them in Richmond Hill...right? :p
It all depends on the feedback we receive. While we have intentions of hosting an event in Richmond Hill, it may not come until the latter part of January. Our main focus is to tend to the biggest community – that said, which location would appeal more to you guys?

.Marik

is a social misfit
It all depends on the feedback we receive. While we have intentions of hosting an event in Richmond Hill, it may not come until the latter part of January. Our main focus is to tend to the biggest community – that said, which location would appeal more to you guys?

North York or Scarborough.

Those are my hoods. <3

But yeah, Etobicoke is the closest for me right now. (I'm in 'Sauga)

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I would be interested in coming.
That being said, I'm coming from Mississauga, thanks.

Sylvantes

Smash Apprentice
I would like North York, since it's got such great public transportation. That would make it easy for people who don't drive.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
NORTH YORK PLZ. If it's there, then I'll come 100%, barring possible Uni assignments. I'm okay with other places, but North York is, like, right there from my place.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Anywhere near Markham please, lol.

We've had enough Sauga/Niagara tourneys lol, make one at Scarbz or North York.

If it was near Markham I'd definitely go. I'd honestly go if it were anywhere, but if it's too far I got no transport since parents won't give me one. They won't let me take the bus either.

But yeah I'd definitely attend if it were near Markham, I really wanna get more into this competitive scene in Ontario.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I hear that Ottawa is a great place to have a tournament. It's not too far from Toronto... :psycho:

*ahem* doesn't really matter where it is, some Ottawa guys would love to go down to it. Having plenty of time for the where/whens is important though. As somebody mentioned, will this be an ongoing tournament series or something?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
North York, or Mississauga would be a good place.... theres a good amount of brawlers in both areas....

But North York would be the most accessible because of a much better public transit.

D

Deleted member

could you swing Sundays instead of saturdays?

cause then i'd definitely go. most of our brawl tournaments are on sundays

Gichan

Smash Champion
Horth York is the best spot, easily accesible to everyone cause of TTC, not like the laaaameee transit in Sauga, plus Toronto (the immediate city) needs a tourney.

buenob

Smash Lord
LOL it's only 4 hrs unless you drive like your parents :)

I was almost about to come down a day early and try to get in on RyanEX's basement tourney but then I found out it's melee only :( I know it's epic lulz but I only play brawl

I can say that if the location is easy to get via public transportation you'll probably get some ottawa peeps up more often than not

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
Quick Update

Upon having gathered further information regarding the tournament, two things became apparent:

1) Due to geographical reasons, the players who have a fair bit of travelling to do would want an increase in the cash prizes.

2) Logistics are a big concern and therefore the location of the tournament would have to comply with easy public transit access.

To accommodate these predicaments, we’ve made some changes to our initial tournament set up:

1) We’ve narrowed the possible locations down to North York and downtown Toronto for the simple fact that it facilitates the travel for those seeking public transportation.

2) In order to increase the cash prizes, we’ve upped the entry fees as follows:
Singles entry fee is now 20$
Doubles entry fee is now 30$ per team (15$ per player)
We’ve also introduced a 5$ spectator fee (fee not applicable to players who’ve entered in either singles, doubles or both)

Here is the result of the new changes:

SINGLES

For 128 participants:

1st place WINNER 1152$
2nd place RUNNER UP 576$
3rd place BRONZE 192$

For 256 participants:

1st place WINNER 2304$
2nd place RUNNER UP 1152$
3rd place BRONZE 384 $

DOUBLES

For 64 participants:

1st place WINNER 844$
2nd place RUNNER UP 422$
3rd place BRONZE 140$

For 128 participants:

1st place WINNER 1688$
2nd place RUNNER UP 844 $
3rd place BRONZE 280 $

Stay tuned for future updates.
-Lets Brawl Toronto

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Id suggest you pick a day, and place quickly.

And spread the word everyway imaginable if you hope to get 250+ contestants.

Sylvantes

Smash Apprentice
Id suggest you pick a day, and place quickly.

And spread the word everyway imaginable if you hope to get 250+ contestants.

I'm sure they know what they are doing, although 250+ contestants is a whole lot. I think spreading the word in everyway imaginable goes hand in hand with taking time to pick the perfect date and perfect place. I think this thread is part of spreading awareness. I'm **** excited, plus they already announced its going to be in late november or early december. Look at the cash prize, I'm so in!!!!!!! I LOVE TORONTO!!!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Holy crap if we want that many people we're gonna need a date soon so that we could tell all the scrubs to show up :)

buenob

Smash Lord
ya i'd say that early december would be the best (ie. before exam season, far away from christmas and not conflicting with the niagra tournament)

Top Bottom