• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update: Myself vs DaShizWiz >.<

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Yeah these vids were from a tourny i held not to long ago and im in need of advice.
So feel free to advise me on anything i screw up on im all ears.
X2X vs GaWes(CF)
Match1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjO5UnUxdpk
Match2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LfIjblv_lg
Match:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjpbcJ_kMIM&NR

Edit: I finally got some recent vids of myself and like last time i could use some advice.
X2X vs Tbag(peach)
Match:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNcVrC1mFKs
Match:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNy-ePLeX4&mode=related&search=
Ill have more matches of myself up a little bit later, but for now enjoy:)

Edit: How in the hell does one fight this?
X2X vs DaShizWiz Falco/Fox

Match1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUhVMn-5KQ
Match2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKKbrL1FL4k

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
First of all, I love your style, kinda funky...

Be less predictable with your charge shot.

Great use of jab.

Don't use usmash >.<

Good use of dair...

Gotta sweetspot the edge

Saw some good upb use...

Good sidestepping, could be better though...

If I were you I would spend more time in my shield...didn't see you moving around in your shield too much. Your movement was great, you just weren't in your shield.

That's all I saw. My style is very different from yours though, so I can only try to help so much.

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
the most glaring problem that i saw was your DI... if you had DI'd up more in that last match you probably would have won... just the few extra percent points you could have tacked onto him may have turned the match around and you need to sweetspot better

3GOD

Smash Ace
Nice vids X2X. :) I only have watched the first one, and it looks like you did a great job of not letting him just dash dance around which CF's love to do. Only place I saw where you really slipped up was around 3:10-3:15 in the first video. When you watch it, it seems really clear that he is just trying to lure some kind of attack or dodge or something from you at this point...easier to see in a video than when playing!

One other thing (as if I should be giving you advice :)) - I've been playing some Samus vs. CF lately and been loving the f-tilt more and more...especially angled f-tilts. I saw a couple of places where you went for an up-tilt or f-smash in which an f-tilt would have sufficed to knock him back off the edge. I can't wait to watch the other two vids (I have dial-up :()!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You have a good eye for spacing thats one of the first things that really stuck out for me. You play very smart in that regard and it save you a lot of trouble.

Another thing I also noticed was lack of accuracy on a lot of things, sweet spots MC (they were purty high a few went clear over GA Wes' head). And Fsmashes, you threw a little to many at Cfalc's sheild and got punished for it just about every time Ftilt is a little better in situations like that where you want to put presure on his shield or have a move that can set you up for the edge gaurd if his sheild doesn't pop up in time.

Yeah aside from that awsome, I think GAWes like 9 stocked me or something... So it should be purty interesting to see how I fair agianst your sam. (Because we do still have those matches at LTEC right?) Yeah man, well good stuff; keep doing what you're doing.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i think ur overall performance is quite good and unique. altho when u were on one side of the field and cfalcon was on the other, there were time when u could have shot a missile or 2 while approaching instead of just full frontal approach. im no samus expert or a samus player at that, but im just pointing out things that would be a pester if i were to fight against ur samus. other than that i think ur doing great

EDIT: oh and by the way, can i get the songs that u used on ur videos? :D i like the music

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
I like your samus. I just saw a few things. Your movement, you could have shield dashed or whatever its called where you wave dash with her shield up. You always have to sweetspot the ledge or else you'll get punished. I would do a little less sidestep and a little more up b out of the shield. Learn to edgehop it can save you from being punished, a good thing to do is a ledge hopped l-cancelled fair into a up b. Another thing that possibly could have helped would have been to DJCPMC i think, its when you do a double jump missile cancel with the platforms. One final thing is to pillar their shields with bombs and then when the bombs hit attack with an aerial. I know this sounds like alot but it really isn't too much.

technomancer

Smash Champion
For Falcon vs. Samus, no, go Fountain of Dreams all day, Falcon can't SHFFL there. Mute city is just another flat stage that even offers a spot for CF to hang out and stall off the side if he doesn't feel like getting edgeguarded.

Your Samus is pretty good, but GAWes is amazing. You need more tricksy stuff, like running up to him and shielding and then hopping out of your shield with an nair when he tries to respond. VS. CF, really you shouldn't dash attack because it's punishable with a stomp or knee, and even if that comes late it puts you on the defensive while he batters your shield.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Just watched the other two videos and wanted to add a little more positive feedback.

1) Excellent use of the bair. I always have trouble spacing that move correctly, but you hit it right on every time if I recall correctly.

2) Nice use of grabs actually. You only used a couple and didn't miss one.

3) Are you teaming with IHSB at INN V? :grin:

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Oh forgot to say to learn to sweetspot the bair for easy kills and beam cancel for some mind games.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
For Falcon vs. Samus, no, go Fountain of Dreams all day, Falcon can't SHFFL there. Mute city is just another flat stage that even offers a spot for CF to hang out and stall off the side if he doesn't feel like getting edgeguarded.

Your Samus is pretty good, but GAWes is amazing. You need more tricksy stuff, like running up to him and shielding and then hopping out of your shield with an nair when he tries to respond. VS. CF, really you shouldn't dash attack because it's punishable with a stomp or knee, and even if that comes late it puts you on the defensive while he batters your shield.
Ill try FOD next time i play him
Just watched the other two videos and wanted to add a little more positive feedback.

1) Excellent use of the bair. I always have trouble spacing that move correctly, but you hit it right on every time if I recall correctly.

2) Nice use of grabs actually. You only used a couple and didn't miss one.

3) Are you teaming with IHSB at INN V? :grin:
Thanks 3god and yeah me and IHSB are doing X2 Samus:)

I like your samus. I just saw a few things. Your movement, you could have shield dashed or whatever its called where you wave dash with her shield up. You always have to sweetspot the ledge or else you'll get punished. I would do a little less sidestep and a little more up b out of the shield. Learn to edgehop it can save you from being punished, a good thing to do is a ledge hopped l-cancelled fair into a up b. Another thing that possibly could have helped would have been to DJCPMC i think, its when you do a double jump missile cancel with the platforms. One final thing is to pillar their shields with bombs and then when the bombs hit attack with an aerial. I know this sounds like alot but it really isn't too much.
I normally dont spot dodge that much against other chars, but i alwasy had that problem with falcons and ganons. Ill work on that though.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Don't choke up next time >.<

Haha personally I think you did friggin awesome. I'd give you advice, but every time I do you just find new ways to beat the hell out of me lol.

You've gotten good as hell dude, now I don't know if I will ever catch up...

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
you play good, i heard you are going to host, hope to play u there samus dittos

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
I agree that DI is definately something you should work to improve. I only watch the first CF video, but I manged to see quite a few combos that could have been avoided with good DI.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
One huge mistake you made (that cost you the match, really) that no one has pointed out yet: Playing against GAWes. Seriously, wtf were you thinking.

^_^ <3 Alpha. I got 2-0'd in pools by him, good shiz taking a game off.

Watty

Smash Lord
i juss watched this stuff and ur spacing is really really good good stuff man.

relax more vs peach shes slow u can shoot WAY more missles lol

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I'm impressed. You played really well.

I only saw a few mistakes, but who cares, it happens to everyone.

If these mistakes were intentional though, I'll just give some advice. There were many moments where the falcon attempted to keep you off the stage and you ended up reversing the roll and he ended up missing his hit. You ended up spiking him into the stage when a reverse sex kick would have kept him off the stage where you could have begun the edgeguarding.

That's pretty much the only thing i saw you do a few times that I didn't agree with. Otherwise you have a solid idea of how to play samus and the only thing left is perfecting your technique.

Mars-

Smash Champion
You could have put a bit more pressure on the peach. When peach's have you constantly attacking them they really can only use their shield, grab, or down smash. I mean there are other moves, but these are the ones they will probably be thinking of. Continually putting pressure on a peach means they can't pull turnups, making her range attacks almost not possible. Also since most peach's try to stun you with a turnup before attacking you(My guess is because they don't have enough range to attack you when you aren't stunned), they won't have much choices. Also, I like to jump and lay a bomb about platform height, and then peaches seem to just either jump into it, or don't jump at all. This greatly hurts their game.

Edit: Also if this didn't make too much sense, it might be because I'm writing this at 3:30 in the morning. I'm going to bed.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Good ****, Alpha. Found more trixies to steal. (Though I was kinda rooting for Tommy. ;P)
Also: You coming to Tipped Off?

Mars-

Smash Champion
I forgot to add that you gotta space so you don’t get hit, but that is pretty much self explanatory.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Bump
So over the tournys i been to as of late(INNV, Pound2, LTEC2) i came to the conclusion that i forgot how to fight Falco LOL.
So once again i got some new vids of myself vs Shiz, so feel free to drop some advice or be amazed by Shiz's tech skill lol.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I should've recorded the friendlies I had with you and Desu, not enough people have a feeling of how much I pwn Samus dittos. It was nice meeting all you guys for sure though, *pound*

I really enjoy watching the video of you fighting Shiz, he's gotten a lot better vs Samus, and you played pretty well for not knowing his style.

The easiest trick against him is to shoot uncharged blasts when he grabs the edge; he'll edge-hop 2 blasters, get stunned by the blast, and you can tilt him off the level + edge guard to KO.

You can't rely on only up-b out of shield against him since I've punished him with that an awful lot; instead pivot if he's approaching with aerials, shield-camp if he's lasering, and jump-aerial over him if you have him in his shield.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah what Phanna said is right. What also works well against Falco is spamming the missles on platforms(The way phanna does it).

You should try to get Falco off the edge too. After that just uptilt.

I saw you do it a couple of times but sometimes you mistimed your uptilts. Phanna can give you great advice vs Falco.

Top Bottom