• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

Tsukimaru

Smash Rookie
guys, im in progress of another cool texture :) just got the inspirations some hours ago, and it will be a character from the UMK 3 Fanchice.

hope this post is updated by when i finish my texture, it`s been loooong since this was updated :(

darkatma

Smash Hero
Nice waluigi texture

I actually have one on my system, but never used it because someone fiddled with the eyes and made them really ugly. your waluigi texture makes me want to use luigi though :p

darkatma

Smash Hero
Also, would it be a huge hassle to change the waluigi texture to a teams friendly color?
as in, make it replace blue or just a non teams color, so that it doesn't become confusing when people play teams

whoops sorry about the double post

Tsukimaru

Smash Rookie
well, i actually replaced the pink color for 2 main reasons:
first of all, i hated pink outfit (not because it was pink, but because it wasnt that cool), and besides, i made waluigi as red texture since purple is (for me at least) suitable for a red-team match and not getting confused.

ohh, and the non-team color that luigi has is the fire luigi, and i think that default texure is perfect as it is :p

darkatma

Smash Hero
well, i actually replaced the pink color for 2 main reasons:
first of all, i hated pink outfit (not because it was pink, but because it wasnt that cool), and besides, i made waluigi as red texture since purple is (for me at least) suitable for a red-team match and not getting confused.

ohh, and the non-team color that luigi has is the fire luigi, and i think that default texure is perfect as it is :p
ah gotcha.
I really wanted to use your texture, but I have a mario luigi one that is also really good.. maybe i'll just switch back and forth.

Tsukimaru

Smash Rookie
Actually WaLuigi already exists:

hmmm, so weird that i didn`t find it so far D: i agree with above, it is kinnda creepy xD

besides, the author seemed to extract the brawl texture and changed the face.
i made mine more "cartoonish" :p

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
to be fair waluwigi just looks ugly anyway. I like the idea of "(melee character) in said character's clothes" look which is more like the new one. And btw uploading your texture with several versions to fit in multiple color slots makes people more likely to use it since they wont be forced to take out another color that they might prefer.

Tsukimaru

Smash Rookie
well, i though about that at a very fist stance, however, i just started college and i dont have much free time, so i dedicate about 1 hour to video-game-related fun.

i adviced about about a new texture im making, but i wasnt able to finish it at the time i expected for some projects left by some sick-minded teachers

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Ugh really? Sorry, my lappy isn't good enough to run dolphin so I can't check em myself unless I waste dvds. But wolverine doesn't work? That's strange it's fine for me. Well if you find more that don't work lemme know which ones.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Just replaced the .usd on a NTSC iso right??? Did that and it didnt work. First i thought it was the color, but i tried with all the falcons and Wolfy didnt show up :C.

ALso, i think i have some textures from the Op (Rosalina Peach, Black Pika, Some Brawl characters, etc) in my other PC, i will upload them when i find it LoL

phish-it

Smash Champion

their jackets are closer to the same color on gimp but in game fox's has a reflection property while falco's doesn't, so they look a bit different. i also gave it a slight yellowish tint to match Falco's but i can just make it darker green instead. this is your texture its not that difficult to tweak if you want

for a save file go to gamfaqs there is a "saves" section download and put in folder

Dolphin---->User----->GC
Just wondering if anyone can tell me where exactly in the hex data is the texture for the inner part of Fox and Falco's jacket is? (specifically falco but I'm guessing they are shared)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Just wondering if anyone can tell me where exactly in the hex data is the texture for the inner part of Fox and Falco's jacket is? (specifically falco but I'm guessing they are shared)
For Fox, it's a tiny orange texture supplied with the texture packs here. The offset should be supplied in a Placement/offset txt file.

Falco, however....... His inner jacket doesn't have a texture; the orange color is located somewhere in Falco's actual file, similarly to Mr. Game & Watch. It's not a texture, just one solid color. Wherever that is, I couldn't tell you.

hot$

Smash Ace
Is it possible for a .dat file to cause your disc to freeze? I've made copies with bad move effect files to make my disc freeze(can't think of the file names ><) but anyway, recently I added a few .dat files in and burned the disc an it was freezing. So I'm not sure what could be causing it. Maybe a bad burn?

:phone:

phish-it

Smash Champion
For Fox, it's a tiny orange texture supplied with the texture packs here. The offset should be supplied in a Placement/offset txt file.

Falco, however....... His inner jacket doesn't have a texture; the orange color is located somewhere in Falco's actual file, similarly to Mr. Game & Watch. It's not a texture, just one solid color. Wherever that is, I couldn't tell you.
Ahhh thought so, thanks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I haven't been able to get that to work either.

Also, Yellow Kirby Spiritomb and Purple jacket Blue Falco crash my game. Do they work on anyone else's, or is that a problem with the files?

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been able to get that to work either.

Also, Yellow Kirby Spiritomb and Purple jacket Blue Falco crash my game. Do they work on anyone else's, or is that a problem with the files?
I haven't tried the tomb Kirby but everything but the rainbow shine work, I'll double check tomb kirb when I get home

:phone:

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
I received a request to Reupload Rage Quit Pause so here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?2u282vxo3efc00g

Included with the original version I added a few alternate ones that are more refined. I couldn't decide which I liked more so I'll let that be up to you.

Clear pause has no marks at all
Version 1 uses the text straight out of the game and is translucent
Version 2 is closer to the original one but with a black outline and a solid white body.
Version 3 is the same as 2 but with translucency

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
Well, I lost every single texture I had.
So I was wondering if anyone had a package containing all the texture already released ad, if yes, could kindly upload it ?

If not, well guess I'm good for redowloading everything, or ripping it, since mu's dead -__-.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
There's a link to it on the previous page. Or, download the compilation folder at the top of this page.

Top Bottom