• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

DarK LinK -X-

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Rykard, appreciate it man. =P

Really kickin' texture there, DarK LinK -X-, and no prob for the texture package, glad I could help. ;)

Unfortunately... mirrored textures are way more complicated than that. You can't just add or remove hex from the file; you'd need to add an entirely new texture sheet to prevent mirroring, so it could overlap the mirror effect. If I'm correct, people figured this out in Brawl... Not sure if we'll get around to it any day ourselves, though.
For now, I'd say that looks really cool, but I feel you, trust me. You have no idea how badly I'd want an unmirrored character like Kirby or Jigglypuff.
Heh, I figured that much dude. So technically I would have to make 2 separate TPL files from 2 different textures, and combine the hex manually to get the left or right parameters of the texture model?? Or am I getting ahead of myself here?? XD

Thanks for the feedback yet again mang, and I'll post the Falco texture with the scar up very shortly in my previous post for anyone who wants it. =)

Spade487

Smash Cadet
Zer0 2

So I kinda thought Zer0 would look even better with yellow hair lol so I updated it, I also switched the position to Red Marth and I put Kira as Black Marth. I figured out how to change the colors around w/o much hassle so I'll post those up for you. First here's my finished Zer0 Marth

Download Zer0 Here

Now Kira Marth as Black costume (I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT FOR MAKING KIRA, just saying here's the link for the black costume that I converted.)

Download Kira Here

Ok guys I'll start on my next texture enjoy =D

Ghetto

Smash Cadet
Hey Ghetto, when I played with your bloody/zombie Doc, one of the eye textures is still the default, uneditted one, so when he attacks and stuff, his face constantly switches between being green-ish and peach-skin colour. Do you think you could fix this? It's just a small thing, so it's no big deal if not. Looking forward to seeing more textures from you.
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll try to fix that. Those multiple eye textures are hard to test sometimes. I'll try to fix it and upload a new copy.

I cannot download M&SG's textures... could somebody fix the link or reupload them?

btw why is Red Ranger Falcon on neutral color? Shouldn't it be red?

anyway, great textures from everybody, thanks a lot!
The hard part is that I think the offsets for the CaRe file aren't the right ones. I need to do some work and figure out where they really go. It's kinda an involved process, however. I'm working on it.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
wow Spade.. I really wanted that texture as red and kira as black, well done

don't wanna be too tiring but.. does anybody have the complete Silent Wolf texture pack? That link doesn't work for me

Spade487

Smash Cadet
wow Spade.. I really wanted that texture as red and kira as black, well done

don't wanna be too tiring but.. does anybody have the complete Silent Wolf texture pack? That link doesn't work for me
Tnx, always trying to make things better. Wait till u guys see the new texture I'm working on.

D1

Banned via Administration
Edited first post, I'm going to give DNS credit for the 3 textures he edited himself. Sorry about that mixup there.

Good stuff to Zero and Nube for the sexy textures ^_^_^_^!

Rykard

Smash Ace
Edited first post, I'm going to give DNS credit for the 3 textures he edited himself. Sorry about that mixup there.

Good stuff to Zero and Nube for the sexy textures ^_^_^_^!
yeah D1, none of the textures i posted were mine, just ones i found fyi

Spade487

Smash Cadet
TIGHT

thatd be crazy helpful lol thanks man
haha ya I guess I did, I'll post some others I did aswell. For the most part I can play with the

hexing and change just about any color but there are some exceptions that I haven't been able to

do. Here's what I have.

Akatsuki Dr. Mario Black

Red Ranger Falcon Red

Blonde with Red Outfit Zelda Red

Ike Roy Neutral

That should make things more teams friendly if I do any more I'll post them up =D. Thank me

later... haha jk enjoy

Spade487

Smash Cadet
Challenger Approaching: Sage Mode Naruto!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I made Marth Sage Mode Naruto from Shippuden. ShOuT OuTs to D1 for being a naruto fan and plz enjoy. It's the white costume if u guys were wondering.

Sage Mode Naruto White

****!

nube

Smash Apprentice
3.) I started working on texturing "Darth Marth", but it was really crappy (i suck at texturing characters) plus I have other stuff to do (refer to point 1. lol), so I decided not to finish it (Spade487, you like texturing Marth, perhaps you wanna give it a try?)
Donno if you've read this, Spade (I posted this in the "Melee, Hacks and You" thread). Have you considered it? The head might require a little vertex hacking, I'll see if Milun or someone could help, if you decide to do it. Btw good job on the textures and hexing all those costumes into different colours. :)

Spade487

Smash Cadet
Donno if you've read this, Spade (I posted this in the "Melee, Hacks and You" thread). Have you considered it? The head might require a little vertex hacking, I'll see if Milun or someone could help, if you decide to do it. Btw good job on the textures and hexing all those costumes into different colours. :)
I had not read this yet so ya I'll give it a shot. Haven't done any vertex editing but I'll see what I can do.

i_Pichu

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know where i could get a guide to texture hacks on a gamecube with sd media launcher?
Ive been searching for guides and i only found 1 proper one. But ive tried it and when im GCOS 1.5, and loading the game. It detects the game as a unreadable disk ):

LuCKy

Smash Master
@ spade - yoooo legitttt! Think you could recolor camptain falcon to white/pink instead of green? When I was at apex someone told me green ranger falcon was completed lol no way I'm not using that as my green spot but gannon falcon is good as well x.x its on steelias new iso if you don't have it or I could send it to you

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Question about texture hacks.

Could you texture swap battle fields?

For an example I wish to play a practical (Smash bros) joke on my brother So I pick "Battle Field" but it is really Dreamland n64 with all the wind programing ect. but can I make It CONVINCINGLY look like Battle Field?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Me and m2k had this idea

make a texture hack of Joseph, my dog doll, for jiggs

everytime he rests, confetti and balloons come out, with a bunch of party poppers going off.

Everytime he bairs, my face appears at the edge of the hitbox.

Make it happen, and I'll make a video of me eating watermelon as a form of my gratitude.

Spade487

Smash Cadet
@ spade - yoooo legitttt! Think you could recolor camptain falcon to white/pink instead of green? When I was at apex someone told me green ranger falcon was completed lol no way I'm not using that as my green spot but gannon falcon is good as well x.x its on steelias new iso if you don't have it or I could send it to you
wait so u want white/pink as ganon falcon and green ranger as green if it's out yet? Just makin sure I understand u correctly.

Spade487

Smash Cadet
I fixed the magnified glass effect where it was still normal marths for Zero and Naruto and I upgraded Zero's look just a bit so both are 100% finished and I'll work on another enjoy and please comment. I also fixed a small glitch where black kira marths right eye sometimes blacked out. Sorry for the mistakes but I did fix them. Here you go.

Zero Marth Red (New Version Posted Above with Magnify Glass Fix)

Kira Marth Black (Fixed Eye)

Sage Mode Naruto Marth White (Magnify Glass Fix)

LuCKy

Smash Master
wait so u want white/pink as ganon falcon and green ranger as green if it's out yet? Just makin sure I understand u correctly.

yes. white/pink as gannon and green as green ranger. . . i just cant seem to find green ranger anywhere lol

plz and thnak you !!

and nice marth textures !

Spade487

Smash Cadet
yes. white/pink as gannon and green as green ranger. . . i just cant seem to find green ranger anywhere lol

plz and thnak you !!

and nice marth textures !
I can't seem to find the correct placements for the green captain falcon texture but I do have white tnx to steelia. So for now don't have anything for ya =/. If u find green ranger tho plz share I want it too lol.

Top Bottom