• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

nube

Smash Apprentice
I believe Zyx has two versions of a red Final Destination. One is on his youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2IYrxBSI_I#t=20s, and another one is on his website, http://ssb-fan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=423, yet he hasn't released either one (no download links).

Just as a side note, most stage texture hacks have a theme behind them, whether it's Streets of Rage Dreamland, Mario Party Battlefield, Bowser Keep and Inner Keep (Peach Castle and Hyrule Temple), or Rainbow Destination. Perhaps if you suggested a theme, someone who likes the idea might take you up on that. Or if I'm over-analyzing and you just want a simple re-colour, blue final destination into red final destination, that'd be pretty simple. :laugh:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
steelia this is a purely smash question...
where do you live?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I believe Zyx has two versions of a red Final Destination. One is on his youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2IYrxBSI_I#t=20s, and another one is on his website, http://ssb-fan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=423, yet he hasn't released either one (no download links).

Just as a side note, most stage texture hacks have a theme behind them, whether it's Streets of Rage Dreamland, Mario Party Battlefield, Bowser Keep and Inner Keep (Peach Castle and Hyrule Temple), or Rainbow Destination. Perhaps if you suggested a theme, someone who likes the idea might take you up on that. Or if I'm over-analyzing and you just want a simple re-colour, blue final destination into red final destination, that'd be pretty simple. :laugh:
oooh thank you so much for this reply! I'll try to contact Zyx.

SleepyK

ruken, you should totally join illusory. your hacks are too good.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
thanks sleepyk

i like more this and i'm very interesed to create a site with all hacks,guides and hackers mo join with IL o Smashmods, finally i give this

smakis

Smash Ace
quick question, since the ice climber textures are identical to eachother (just recolored), can't i simply rename them? instead of having to rehex

also is there a list with all the character texture file names lol

SleepyK

no, it doesn't work for some reason :(
iirc each color has a slightly different model for some reason.
Jiano made a thread a while ago showing that one of the falcons is a little bigger than the others because he slid off of Princess Peach's castle while doing the dsmash cancel.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwEjg5KbdOs

Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223965

EDIT: oh, i never checked on the thread and i didn't realize magus had answered.
The different colors have very slightly different widths for dealing with stage collisions/interaction (hurtboxes are exactly the same). It manages to make a difference here and normal CF doesn't collide with the wall until later in the animation than the others, and when he does get adjusted by touching it it's enough to put him barely over the edge and so he falls.

This should give you an idea of how small of a difference it is and how they compare relative to one another (measured in DerpMeters):

Normal 1088
White .1096
Blue ..1097
Red ...1099
Black .1100
Green .1102
When did I ever say it affected the range of their d-smashes? The others are just a tiny bit fatter as far as bumping into walls is concerned.

The orange diamond is for dealing with stage interaction. When the movement of your character would put it through a wall/ceiling/floor or whatever, the game slightly repositions you away from that surface to prevent this from happening (otherwise you'd just pass right through them obviously).

The slight difference in width of this area that normal falcon has happens to make enough of a difference here where the edge of the others' diamonds touch the wall sooner in the d-smash animation while they are moving less forward, and the pushback they get from going through the wall at that part of the attack is enough to cancel the attack by leaving the ground but not enough to fall off so they just land immediately. Normal falcon instead reaches and interacts with the wall later in the attack and is moving forward more at that point in the animation and gets more pushback because of it, and it's enough to cause him to fall off completely.

so there you have it.
each color has different data regarding minor things (such as blue zelda being the best zelda due to increased knockbackoon her bair or whatever)

smakis

Smash Ace
aw crappers

about the second part, is there such a list? need to find the other file names so i can start hexing stuff >_>

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
smakis

you can recolored all texture, only need a texture's

you made a tcs, tpl and with hex editor put the data of tpl in the costume

you can also with the .dat

open the .dat edited and open the new .dat(example fire mario in PlMrNr.dat for black costume PlMrBk.dat)

search the offsets with texture data, and copy all parametres of all textures and put in the new file

finish you covert the fire mario texture in normal colour to fire mario in black colour(i made this in your texture of ying yang)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Oak'd.

Four months later I finally grasp the inspiration to brush up on a texture... and who is it that wakes me from my dormant non-texturing state?

.... :|

(lol)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Does anyone want to share an Iso that is Teams friendly. I took stuff from sleepy's and steelia's, but there is still alot of unrelated team colors. Dk and bowser for instance, they dont have a red costume. Bowser does have dry bones but its misleading.

smakis

Smash Ace
smakis

you can recolored all texture, only need a texture's

you made a tcs, tpl and with hex editor put the data of tpl in the costume

you can also with the .dat

open the .dat edited and open the new .dat(example fire mario in PlMrNr.dat for black costume PlMrBk.dat)

search the offsets with texture data, and copy all parametres of all textures and put in the new file

finish you covert the fire mario texture in normal colour to fire mario in black colour(i made this in your texture of ying yang)

I know how to do it, but it's an annoying process and would be faster to just rename them, I knew about falcon being different but I did not know that applied to other characters aswell, that's why I asked =)

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
Four months later I finally grasp the inspiration to brush up on a texture... and who is it that wakes me from my dormant non-texturing state?

.... :|

(lol)
omg is the professor!

i think create a texture for mario how to PKMN trainer xD

for ness a HG/SS trainer(i see this in brawl vault, is a good idea)

smakis

Smash Ace
could anyone reupload red ranger over neutral? (ranger over red is a usd file, cant use it on a pal disc >_>)

nube

Smash Apprentice
O_O WOW Steelia
Prof Oak...soo good
:)

and Ruken's just dishing out beast textures too. Awesome job you guys.

I think there's a problem with Ruken's upload links though, lots of them don't seem to work ("this file is temporarily unavailble").

@ falco file confusion: a lot of the files I release do not contain the extension (ex. PlFc.dat renamed -> FcTurqLaserOrPhant, or GrNLa.dat renamed -> RainbowFD), because it doesn't matter what you rename the file. The hex data in the file remains unchanged, even with a different extension. I think.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
megaupload no acept my textures

the server fallen for excess of sh*t xD

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Yo, we're working on a UK modded melee.

Can anyone help us edit the Ready...Go! texture

into...

"Ready... BELIEVE"

cause there's a UK phrase and we want it as the game starter

what files would need to be edited? or could you just do it for us?

^_^ thanks

this is the reason btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nahDDa-aABo

2:45 onwards, the one at 2:55 is the sound were gonna use tho XD

SleepyK

fuzzyness! i believe the audio is nr.ssm

if anything you can grab vgmstream and use it with winamp to play ssm files like normal audio files.

Top Bottom