• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Updated*check out first page for details.*

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
m2k, cactuar(im still counting him), qdvs, kfc, hbk, g$, djn, strawhat, AMSAH, makenshi, tani, ect

marth is far from dead

Zodiac

Smash Master
Marth isn't dead, he's just really stagnant right now. If M2K would go back to using Marth almost exclusively, or else some new really good Marth player does really well in a big tournament, his metagame will see rejuvenation.
If m2k would just forget about brawl and focus on melee we would see marth's spring back into action.

Necro

Smash Rookie
marth is dead

the only player in my opinion that is countable for marth is m2k
no marth come even close now to him back than we had ken and azen beside him

so i find it pretty dumb to count people like hbk and falcomist they are mad good but not countable for me

it would be the same for sheik if you would count kirby kaze teczero etc as sheiks that represent their charakter :p but the truth is the only people are Amsah m2k over ( tope, drephen ) back thene cj :)

Zodiac

Smash Master
marth is dead

the only player in my opinion that is countable for marth is m2k
no marth come even close now to him back than we had ken and azen beside him

so i find it pretty dumb to count people like hbk and falcomist they are mad good but not countable for me

it would be the same for sheik if you would count kirby kaze teczero etc as sheiks that represent their charakter :p but the truth is the only people are Amsah m2k over ( tope, drephen ) back thene cj :)
Falcomist is mad good. that makes him countable. I dont think he'll win a big tournament soon, but eventually if he keeps with marth he will. and yes, shiz did some ******** stuff in that set. like continuously phantasming into marth jab then getting countered/fsmashed/shield breaker. But still, coming that close to beating shiz in finals counts for something. shiz is one of the top ten players in the U.S. maybe top 5. Its not nothing when you do THAT good against him.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
You think Marth is dead?

Have you seen how many PIKACHU players there are???

When you find out, THEN we'll talk about a character being dead =(

*watches video*
Axe, I am with you. Every time I can't beat someone with Fox, Marth, or Sheik, I show them who is boss with Pikachu.

But why call the master out of his lair when the grunts can do the work?

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
dude.. imo amsah has the best marth in the world atm. i mean, m2ks prime is straight up EVIL. but amsah's spacing is NEAR PERFECT. m2k isnt as good as he was before.

even amsahs sheik has perfect spacing.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Marth is probably the most unfun character on the roster. I'd much rather play a character that's fast and requires some tech skill. Flashiness is also a plus.

Animal

Smash Lord
There has been a dramatic dectrease in marths. imo theres still some filthy marths that **** tho

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Marth is probably the most unfun character on the roster. I'd much rather play a character that's fast and requires some tech skill. Flashiness is also a plus.
In that case Marth is the second worst on the roster, with Shiek being the worst.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
lol

that match was so silly

i dont have anything good on youtube :<

cuz im too lazy to upload my matches vs axe

Tink

Smash Hero
if u wernt a sheik main....id say MM me and i would show you how dead he is :).

marth isnt dead, we jus need m2k to stoppp playing brawl and he would show you why marths truely broken(even more then now) -_-.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
m2k, cactuar(im still counting him), qdvs, kfc, hbk, g$, djn, strawhat, AMSAH, makenshi, tani, ect

marth is far from dead
There are people that play marth then there are people that MAIN him. I main Marth but I play Fox, Falcon, Shiek, Mario/Doc, Gannon... etc Actually I think a few of my secondary characters are better but I can't leave Marth as my Main. I had forgot about a few you listed though tbh. I wanted to be a flashy spacey mofo but I got 1 good gimp and a Ken Combo off and I'm hooked :chuckle:

I said before that I copied the format from another video you don't have to post it lol. I have it as a video response and that 1 is way better and has more meaning for multiple reasons. The Real project is long term probably won't be out until after apex. I want every marth that plays in it. So step that **** up lol....me too :(

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Marth has more activity than just about every character other than Fox, Falco, and maybe Sheik.

Taj (maybe my favorite player of all time along with mr. Zagenite)
Tai (he gets better with every vid)
Strawhat (the real new hope; amazing, amazing Marth)
Amsah (his Sheik and Fox are better tho)
M2K (*sigh*)
Mango's scrubby Marth (it'll win a national eventually; he probably wants to do it with Fox first tho)
HBK (so. ****ing. good. I wanna just trap him in a dark room and force him to train me)
G$ (one day he'll stop playing Falco and start winning)
FullMetal (dat sexy Southern gentleman Marf)
tec0 (tho he has like 9 characters that are better -_-)
Falcomist ("don't call it a comeback, ive been here for years!")
I.B. (CANADA)
KFC (Killa fo crack)
ICE (I want him to come to the US :/)
Adam (hes gotten even better since Pound)

And I could go on but I think you get the point. Marth isn't dead. He isn't getting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in every national anymore, but he isn't dead.

Animal

Smash Lord
marth is as dead as sheik IMO. at least in the EC it feels like

booshk

Smash Lord
Marth has more activity than just about every character other than Fox, Falco, and maybe Sheik.

Taj (maybe my favorite player of all time along with mr. Zagenite)
Tai (he gets better with every vid)
Strawhat (the real new hope; amazing, amazing Marth)
Amsah (his Sheik and Fox are better tho)
M2K (*sigh*)
Mango's scrubby Marth (it'll win a national eventually; he probably wants to do it with Fox first tho)
HBK (so. ****ing. good. I wanna just trap him in a dark room and force him to train me)
G$ (one day he'll stop playing Falco and start winning)
FullMetal (dat sexy Southern gentleman Marf)
tec0 (tho he has like 9 characters that are better -_-)
Falcomist ("don't call it a comeback, ive been here for years!")
I.B. (CANADA)
KFC (Killa fo crack)
ICE (I want him to come to the US :/)
Adam (hes gotten even better since Pound)

And I could go on but I think you get the point. Marth isn't dead. He isn't getting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in every national anymore, but he isn't dead.
good list, cept you're missing diakonos. :p

Pi

Smash Hero
He's missing a few notable players.

Any way

Marth is so fun to play, but people know how to fight him, like, everyone knows how to fight him.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not saying Marth is completely dead. But he's been drawing near close to flat-lining. Think of how melee overall was about 2 weeks after brawl release......Thats where marth has been ever since then. I think Brawl's lack of techskill damaged people so much that most only want to play super technical characters and Marth is actually much more of a simple/mindgame/****** character. That or they try to play jiggs or peach now I guess...

gm jack

Smash Lord
Sheik is in a similar boat. Because she doesn't have as many downright awesome techs, people shy away from her. Peach never got that popular ever.

However, with the Europeans kicking *** with the floaty characters and a some great Marth's coming through, I suspect they may begin to see another rise if they can adapt to the speed of the spacies, which doesn't seem to be leveling off at all.

However, both Marth and Sheik do very well against the spacies, and Peach can clearly hold her ground at the highest levels. I'd have expected more people to pick them up for the awesome/easy gimps.

Top Bottom