• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(UPDATED)THE DOCTOR'S CHECKUP: A Doctor Mario Advanced Tactics how to play video

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I forgot about this vid, then I finally saw it again to remember how good it is. My friends are now using it to get better with Doc, ty for this vid $mac

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
wow, you vid is great SmashMac, especially when it got to the point in which you start throwing all of the characters as dr.mario. i tried some of the tricks you mentioned on your video, but for my skills, it's hard, but anyways, good vid

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Awesome how to do stuff video with Dr.Mario. I've learned alot from it myself.

xl SolItuDe lx

Smash Rookie
$mac,
i was wondering in the vid you were showing the platform canceled up-aerial. i can manage
to do that but i was wondering if it works with other chars or moves because i could swear i saw forward do it on FoD. was that platform canceled and what is it otherwise

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
tho this video was made over a year ago, much appreciation goes out to you for making it, man. i've been trying to figure out wallteching forever. thanks again, man.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Great video. It makes clear what wasn't so obvious in text. Although I knew all this, it's interesting to see how it's done.

My reflexes don't permit me from playing that well . . . :laugh:

SmashMac

Smash Lord
hey do u have any tips on performing the up b cancel
Yeah. It's just the timing. You press up+B in one direction and the frame after that (the 2nd frame) you press the exact opposite direction. One of the things I did to get the timing for the cancel was remember the sound that my controller made when I pressed the downwards direction. Practice it in training mode without hitting the opponent at first because when you start using it against the opponent it's easier since when it hits them the frame for cancelling the up+B lags by about 3 more frames.

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
Excellent video! I just finished reading most of the detailed Tutorial on Doc... up to the specific character match ups, and I've got some new things to try next time I play. The video made everything very clear and I was especially surprised by the edge teching, I didn't know about that one. Thanks guys!

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
sick video, I'm having trouble with, ledge cancelling sex kick, WD after bair and up-b cancelling, anytips? and do u push straight down for upb cancel?

SmashMac

Smash Lord
MED$, check out my link to my guide "Doctor Mario vs. the World (of Nintendo)" in regards to the up+B canceling and tips. In regards to WD after bair, you gotta SH and do a rising bair. As in, while in the upward momentum, hit back on the c-stick so that right before you land you can WD. Ledge cancelled sex-kick is the same concept. You have to rise with the sex-kick.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
MED$, check out my link to my guide "Doctor Mario vs. the World (of Nintendo)" in regards to the up+B canceling and tips. In regards to WD after bair, you gotta SH and do a rising bair. As in, while in the upward momentum, hit back on the c-stick so that right before you land you can WD. Ledge cancelled sex-kick is the same concept. You have to rise with the sex-kick.
Thanks alot :)

Top Bottom