• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updates and Replays

BlayzeEmAll

Smash Rookie
NNID
AsceBlayze
It's on the list of the top 5 worst things about this game. I save a replay because I want to keep it, that's the whole point, so WHY do they STILL have to be deleted after a patch? Other games that save replays the same way are just fine except this one. I rarely see complaints, does no one else feel the same way?

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Didn't they make an option to where you can upload it to youtube just today? I don't know if one can do it already or wait until the option is released.

I do agree with you though. :<

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Didn't they make an option to where you can upload it to youtube just today? I don't know if one can do it already or wait until the option is released.

I do agree with you though. :<
It's not available yet, but you'll only be able to use the YouTube feature for post-1.0.8 update replays.

SWBiscuitJr

Smash Rookie
Actually, looks like it's patch 1.1.0. At least I heard that somehwere...

Either way, does anyone know yet if the new patch invalidates the old replays? I've got a lot of replays and I'd like to know if I have to record them before patching.

EDIT: Nevermind, my friends have confirmed that invalidates old replays. I guess that means there are balance changes somewhere, right?

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
The replays aren't movie files. They are button inputs. Saved. The game literally recreates your match perfectly.

After patch changes, moves will not connect correctly if they're changed. So there's nothing they can do to stop it.

BlayzeEmAll

Smash Rookie
NNID
AsceBlayze
The replays aren't movie files. They are button inputs. Saved. The game literally recreates your match perfectly.

After patch changes, moves will not connect correctly if they're changed. So there's nothing they can do to stop it.
I know, CoD does it the same way so that you can switch between any player and see what they were doing in any replay and they also patch things, but you can still watch. There should be an option to lock replay's or something so they always work.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I know, CoD does it the same way so that you can switch between any player and see what they were doing in any replay and they also patch things, but you can still watch. There should be an option to lock replay's or something so they always work.
That is probably the thinking behind youtube... convert it to a video file so it can stay forever. it would take a lot of programing to save the old way the game worked and the new ones into the replay.

It sucks...

I stuck a camera in front of the TV and recorded the ones I really don't want to lose to avoid these problems.... low quality but works better than not having them at all and doesn't require spending lots of money on capture hardware.

Top Bottom