• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle Series- Next Battle: September 15th!

Sharky

Smash Master
I've been on Roc's case about that for years now, and that ****'s still going on. Mostly goggles, but still. lol

jessie's really bad about it too lol

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
I've been on Roc's case about that for years now, and that ****'s still going on. Mostly goggles, but still. lol

jessie's really bad about it too lol
Honestly it's a habit... and the thread was actually titled WNY for a long time. Soz. I like the phonetic UNYPR more.

And finally some relevant information: I have off the day of the next tournament so I might actually be able to show up XD

Sharky

Smash Master
the pr thread was never titled WNY, it was New York State to begin with, and then got changed to Upstate scratch that I'm being dumb lol. This thread's title hasn't changed at all iirc. There were older threads sure, but that was before syracuse/albany really had a scene.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
the pr thread was never titled WNY, it was New York State to begin with, and then got changed to Upstate. This thread's title hasn't changed at all iirc. There were older threads sure, but that was before syracuse/albany really had a scene.
wtf are talking bout its still New york state. Honestly this was not the kinda discussion i was hoping to spark(and was seriously confusing to boot).but i guess some discussions better then none.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hey upstate.

You guys should try and make it out to Mass Madness 5A on August 4th.

Gonna be very big. Also an APEX Qualifier. <3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i mean, we dont organize stuff, but you can pretty much just show up to jesses place at any random time and play smash if/when you want to.

huMps

Smash Ace
16th was June. The July tournament is the 21st, and as far as I know it's still happening (me and Jesse talked about it on Monday anyway).
I don't think he will ever voluntarily post in this thread for some reason but I'll try and get him to confirm it to put peoples minds at ease.

Sharky

Smash Master
I mentioned I was likely coming to this one to him on fb and he didn't react as if there wasn't one lol

Foy

Smash Champion
i mean, we dont organize stuff, but you can pretty much just show up to jesses place at any random time and play smash if/when you want to.
Before you start telling people to start showing up at our place randomly you should realize its not your house, and not your choice to just let people show up.

As much as you think our new apartment is like our last one, its not. So show some respect before inviting randoms to our house to play marvel none the less.

On top of that you would be busting in my room and ****ing with my ****, so ask before anything.

No idea if tournament is happening this month (Jesses usually on that ****), but if so it would be dope to see you guys again etc. etc. etc.

Beta MM?
Erk MM?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
My bad, Youre right.

I honestly apologise.

What I should have said was:

Jesse lives with 2 other guys that play smash all the time and theres usually some other smashers over there most of the time too, so pretty much anytime youre free, you can call one of them up and try to stop by.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yo, sorry I've been out of commission guys.

At any rate, this "Battle" will be on the 28th. I put battle in quotes because, until Octoberish, they will most likely all be glorified Smashfests. Without RIT and with other people gone for the summer, I feel like the numbers we will be getting will be lower.

That being said, definitely gonna keep holding one a month, and if we do get enough people, we'll do a round robin or even bracket. But for now, each battle is gonna be a little more laid back with less people.

But yeah, July 28th. It's goin down.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
What's everyone's status on this? Maybe we should make a list. I can't go the 28th for sure

21st - Flaw, Jesse + Apartment?, Humps, Erk, beta?, trademark?, mako
28th - Jesse + Apartment?, Humps, Spamus?, Rtf, Xatic

huMps

Smash Ace
I like where you're going with this George but it makes no difference if Jesse never checks the thread.

If held on the 21st it seems we'll have as good a turn out as we could hope for during the summer months (cuse and Rob both confirmed lol). And more importantly people have already taken off work for the 21st, because up till a week ago that's when it was said to be held.

Honestly I could make either probably, but would definitely rather do it this week.

Sharky

Smash Master
this isn't suggesting that I'm not free money, is it? I haven't touched a controller in a few months XD

Top Bottom