• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Brawl PR has been updated, I still need to have a convo with mana about the melee pr.

also, Foy has been duely credited for the current map.

Sharky

Smash Master
duly*

and hell bry and I might as well be tied for ninth we go back and forth so much hahaha.

when's the next tourney goggles? I recommend sometime not the first week of march so our wallets can recover from viridian lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sharkys right, spelling error or my part.

only reason bry is higher is cus he won when yall played at SoY

and its looking like its gonna be the 2nd weekend, since that when RIT gets back from break. unless a really big/good reason comes up for it not to be that day.

hubble

Smash Ace
2nd weekend is good for me.

Im just glad that our region is actually active now. Never seen this much going on at once, tons of smashfests and whats looking to be close to monthly regional tournaments.

GJ guys, lets keep it up <3

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Sharky the reason bry is ahead of you is cause though u guys place the same usually he did beat you at rochester in which you placed incredibly poopy.

Sharky

Smash Master
haha yeah I know why he's ahead I just said that because we basically said that to each other over aim earlier. but yeah I already knew why he's ahead, Ima have to beat him in a mm or something soon.

speaking of such you guys should decide what the minimum for MM's should be to count for PR.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'll at least make honorable mentions at SS3.... that is... If I am actually able to play brawl. xD

Sharky

Smash Master
considering a: it'll be at a better venue and b: it should be a 2 day event so things don't drag on forever, you should be able to =D

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Being this close to making the rankings was irritating to me, but I guess right now it's a game of patience for me.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
piedisliker you should try to get to a smashfest at cura's sometime
Honestly, I don't know what my parents would think of a smashfest. A tourney's one thing, but going to some dude's house where everyone's like... college age would be.

And my dad kinda seemed upset about my mom even letting me go to SS2.

Sharky

Smash Master
=(

btw there should totally be an eating PR with me as #1 lololol I totally stomped on Ian and Sai at the smashfest even though I got major hiccups at the very start. XD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Melee PR needs minor tweaks and trimming. There aren't ten worthy players for the PR IMO.

Hardly even five. Sorry region *shrug*

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I'm on AIM until 8 then I'll be back on at 11. LOST is on tonight so I'm watching the three hour event.

I have a new list in mind but really it's bad because the only spots that are concrete are 1 2 and 3 the rest is seriously a toss up.

altairian

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't know what my parents would think of a smashfest. A tourney's one thing, but going to some dude's house where everyone's like... college age would be.

And my dad kinda seemed upset about my mom even letting me go to SS2.
Get in touch with 1337-zero and DahremRuhar. Both of their fathers come to the smashfests when they attend. Perhaps they could help talk to your parents about letting you attend.

edit: goggles whenever you get a chance, toss me an IM, I need to find out what's up with this rumored RIT tourney in April so that I don't schedule my tourney for the same weekend.

Kantō

Smash Champion
@ piedislikeer, there is a younger croud that attends curas smashfests and everyone is kool about it. parents are usually there too which is also fine if your parents would like to come. its not as an intense setting as a tourney, here you actually play a lot and get tips from eachother on how to get better and learn different mactchups in stuff of the sorts. usually we have a mini tourney like a low teir or something like $1 to enter so theres not so much on the line and you can relax and try to play better. talk to your parents about it i would like to see more peeps over there.

actually i just dont wanna play sharky.....lol.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
@ bp100
if you dont like explaining your name, you shouldnt use it.

i love explaining why my nicknames are what they are. pride in yourself homie.
It's a pretty boring, and stupid story, I get sick of it sometimes, considering how much I have to explain it. ^^;

I bet, when you were a kid you wore GOGGLES! Amirite?! Huh, huh?

Nah, that can't be it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
youve said you were gonna pick up brawl about 10 times since you came back to rochester, and you always change your mind within 1-2 days.

Top Bottom