• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

altairian

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzR_nenqTks

I was going through old pictures to see what I could post to celebrate our active thread. Had I known I'd end up making this, I would have taken many more. There's so many memories of smash in schools, colleges, apartments, attics, basements, cars, Canada, other states, and even outdoors. Combined with not having a facebook, not wanting to snoop through dozens of people's photos, and wanting this to be a surprise, I've primarily used pictures I've taken myself to make a smash slideshow. If you're not in the video trust me, I haven't forgotten you, I merely don't have pictures/candids of you. However, all of you are present in spirit. Especially Bry. I hope you'll all laugh, cry, and wonder as I have.

Sincerely,
5 AM Rob

PS: I was reminded of this while typing. I'm sure many of you can relate.
My Life of Starcraft - Day[9] Daily #100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJztfsXKcPQ
"I think people don't appreciate how into games that they are."

PPS: Not even gonna bother sniping/waiting for #10,000
So much awesome in one post.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
3rd BEST in Troy is April 16th.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300240

Things to note:

Venue fee: We have a $5 venue fee, and all of this money goes directly to RPI's relief effort for Japan.
Singles entry fee: Changed to $10.
Melee stages: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Kongo Jungle 64 are banned for both singles and doubles. Discussion for this is open in the tournament topic, along with the Brawl stage list.
Schedule: Melee is before Brawl again.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Lol Vinh's waifu.

RIDDLE:

If you want to come it'll be at 12pm in the fireside lounge (this is where it'll be as far as I know)

Let me know if you have other questions.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Lol Vinh's waifu.

RIDDLE:

If you want to come it'll be at 12pm in the fireside lounge (this is where it'll be as far as I know)

Let me know if you have other questions.
you may want to check and see if the lounge is reserved (if you havent) because events tend to happen on saturdays in there.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
san, if you see this come to this too, and ill see if I can get nick and jason to show up so we can play brawl for at least a little while.

hubble

Smash Ace
@goggles:

the 2d fighting community in rochester must be hella soft. i was under the impression the marvel 2 community went at it wayyyyy harder than we smash kids ever do but they cant even take your hype/****talk xD

Sharky

Smash Master
3rd BEST in Troy is April 16th.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300240

Things to note:

Venue fee: We have a $5 venue fee, and all of this money goes directly to RPI's relief effort for Japan.
Singles entry fee: Changed to $10.
Melee stages: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Kongo Jungle 64 are banned for both singles and doubles. Discussion for this is open in the tournament topic, along with the Brawl stage list.
Schedule: Melee is before Brawl again.
anyone driving to this from/near/passing by syracuse?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@burak nahh dude, they are softer than my down pillows son. they get too serious about stuff, thats why a lot of them dont talk or say anything back when we go hard at them.

but most of them are pretty cool so i dont want to intentionally seperate the two groups just because they arent used to my style.

Slashy

Smash Lord
If you get someone who lives in the dorms, then you can have them reserve a room. I belive Jackkit, anub, and eaode all live in the dorms.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
can the dorm kids try that as a backup? worst case we can go to the art building there are tons of unused rooms in there. I have to check about fireside tomorrow.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Who is considered scrub at MvC3 right now?

huMps

Smash Ace
How old is that? Happy birthday gramps!

May not be able to make it out to RIT tomorrow. Wife's got the Flu, and I mean the real deal. Influenza, **** sucks. Probably come out tonight though. Any apartment kids gonna show up?

p.s. I swear I'm not sick, she's on the meds (:

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Page 666 though.

Tomorrow for the tourney we are meeting at 12pm at fireside lounge SAU at the RIt campus. If we can't hold it there we can move to the art building. Hit me up if you need directions etc...

BRING SETUPS for friendlies and warm-ups. Feel free to bring brawl as well we may need it for a side event.

I was thinking of running a side event again BTW. Remember how Burak bravely stood up to the Gauntlet? I was thinking of random drawing a names for someone to play consecutive rounds. Maybe three people and see who does the best :) Whatever game the kid who gets picked is better at ie brawl or melee will be the one ran.

Seeya all tomorrow!

PS: break dance tournament went sweet had a couple good rounds and free dancing.

DLeet

Smash Rookie
Hey, remember me? It's been quite a while since i have been to a smashfest or a tournament. I've been busy with school and some other things but i plan on making a comeback. Not like I'm going to get on the power rankings or anything but make sure to look out for me. I juts recently heard about 1337's getting kicked off of the power rankings and that makes me worried, haha oh well. Whats everyone been up to?

Top Bottom