• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I thought everyone knew this by now, but just incase you didnt notice, SV is the go to counterpick vs ICs.

If you get the lead, you camp the platform when its off the stage. and when it goes on stage, you either camp the ledge or jump above the ICs until it gets to the other side.

ICs will be forced to approach in crappy ways, you win.
I've tried that strategy against cura and he ***** me constantly, i've found YI is good for MK vs IC's the middle platform is easy to camp and stay safe since it always tilts and whatnot.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. Thats cus cura is better than you. Its not as auto win as I make it out to be.

2. speaking of stages, I move for everyone to hack their wiis, and have the wifi waiting room as a legal stage
its great for my falco cus I can camp forever.
and its great for everyone else because they can hide behind the sandbag to beat my camping.
SUPER FAIR!

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
I see em trollin, they hatin...
also, you coming up to MY region, to play ME, so I determine how much its gonna be.
if im going there the mm better pay for my transportation there and back with a profit. which is around a 40-60 dollar mm.

so where was ur guys trash talk when i ***** dr grandpa in pools at apex :]
this guy sucs btw i nutted on him in a mm. i think i 2 stocked him both matches. and now i might 3 stock him since will cant beat me.

and your WHOLE region sucks *** and im not just saying that. minus pika and sans. u guys are a joke if i also go up there can i mm all the members in ur power rankings. yours truly ikon

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
I thought everyone knew this by now, but just incase you didnt notice, SV is the go to counterpick vs ICs.

If you get the lead, you camp the platform when its off the stage. and when it goes on stage, you either camp the ledge or jump above the ICs until it gets to the other side.

ICs will be forced to approach in crappy ways, you win.

Do it. It works.
I've tried that strategy against cura and he ***** me constantly, i've found YI is good for MK vs IC's the middle platform is easy to camp and stay safe since it always tilts and whatnot.
I think they'd still beat you but meh.

also BF is the way to go against cura's ICs. Just sayin'
I prefer to take ICs to 75m. They never see it coming.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
if im going there the mm better pay for my transportation there and back with a profit. which is around a 40-60 dollar mm.

this guy sucs btw i nutted on him in a mm. i think i 2 stocked him both matches. and now i might 3 stock him since will cant beat me.

and your WHOLE region sucks *** and im not just saying that. minus pika and sans. u guys are a joke if i also go up there can i mm all the members in ur power rankings. yours truly ikon
I bet he nuts on you in real life tho.
lol prawn house with me we'll trashtalk eachother the whole time

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Listen scrub, youre the one who came in here and challenged me, because you want to play us so bad. So youre going to either take your narrow behind up here, and play by my rules for the amount that I determine. Or you are going to keep your little childish behind at home. And guess what? Either way, I win.

just for reference, youre the same ikon as this dude right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=321TbXF-r3k
And you expect to come up here and beat ANY of us?
Kid, youre delusional.

at curas comment from a while back. I wasnt saying that I own this region or anything like that. This is my region only from the standpoint that this is where I reside.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Sharky, that's probably the case because you were never in a position to do so.

But I think you banned it on me at least once. There are two sets you took games off of me: 3-1 set at a smashfest ROB vs Lucario after you beat 1337. I am reasonably sure that you banned FD that set, but could be wrong. The other set you took a game off: Lucario vs. Olimar I believe we started on FD so I obviously couldn't go there later.

But good point dude. I'm so used to people both striking and banning FD on me, I forgot about our sets. I remember now that you sometimes don't strike it on me (for some reason).

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
I bet he nuts on you in real life tho.
lol prawn house with me we'll trashtalk eachother the whole time
no i wood mm him anyday and pull a 3 stock win.

Listen scrub, youre the one who came in here and challenged me, because you want to play us so bad. So youre going to either take your narrow behind up here, and play by my rules for the amount that I determine. Or you are going to keep your little childish behind at home. And guess what? Either way, I win.

just for reference, youre the same ikon as this dude right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=321TbXF-r3k
And you expect to come up here and beat ANY of us?
Kid, youre delusional.

at curas comment from a while back. I wasnt saying that I own this region or anything like that. This is my region only from the standpoint that this is where I reside.
first of all im better then you. and narrow behind ***** grow up.how much money u putting up and i request that at the end of the set a picture gets taken of the winner standing on a table with the loser (you) on bottom.

and that is me and those are also friendlys. im pretty sure he also did not put up the matches that i won. and honestly i dont give a whole lot if you dont believe me but i was sandbagging and just trying **** out. and this is from like 6 months ago or some **** lmaooo and i main snake

this regions a joke. u guys should call ur selves like fruits basket or some **** cuz ur all just a bunch of fruiy noobs.

Sharky

Smash Master
Sharky, that's probably the case because you were never in a position to do so.

But I think you banned it on me at least once. There are two sets you took games off of me: 3-1 set at a smashfest ROB vs Lucario after you beat 1337. I am reasonably sure that you banned FD that set, but could be wrong. The other set you took a game off: Lucario vs. Olimar I believe we started on FD so I obviously couldn't go there later.

But good point dude. I'm so used to people both striking and banning FD on me, I forgot about our sets. I remember now that you sometimes don't strike it on me (for some reason).
we usually play game one on it cause I'm fairly comfortable there.

also@ikon: you didn't reply to my post lol.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
We need to update the map.

It's out of date. :L Buffalo should now be on the top, with like 3 players or less.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman

first of all im better then you. and narrow behind ***** grow up.how much money u putting up and i request that at the end of the set a picture gets taken of the winner standing on a table with the loser (you) on bottom.

and that is me and those are also friendlys. im pretty sure he also did not put up the matches that i won. and honestly i dont give a whole lot if you dont believe me but i was sandbagging and just trying **** out. and this is from like 6 months ago or some **** lmaooo and i main snake

this regions a joke. u guys should call ur selves like fruits basket or some **** cuz ur all just a bunch of fruiy noobs.
We need a billy goat gruff on this thread.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i am so high right now and i lol'd really hard at the brawl regional trash talk. like, almost lmao'd

can't believe that game can get heated

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Goggles, Yeah, sorry, didn't know about the spacing with your name. The whole thing I whipped up in about 30 or so minutes, just an idea I had and put to work. (Poorly, but that was probably a given.)

And thank you Cura for liking it. I made you Koga because it has the same amount of letters as Cura, as well as syllables!

mikeray4

Smash Ace
so where was ur guys trash talk when i ***** dr grandpa in pools at apex :]

and goggles i appreciate you defending my NY state troll status. i am def gonna try to get to you guys for a tourny but id def need housing :/

big deal. I beat Dr. G too and my MU vs DK isnt a god**** cakewalk

Dr. G just needs to go Snake or Rob and you'll lose

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Sink theme, omfg. It's actually so legit I **** near cried.

I'm kinda on/off on my game today, second round of practice was waaay off. It's late, and I'm kinda irritated with stuff, so I cold john there, but I dunno. I'll sleep on it.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman

The real question is...

Why you such a punk *****? Don't talk about it be about it. If you can whoop everyone's *** come up here and do it don't spam boards with your weak-*** rant. I don't even play Brawl really and your attitude already pisses me off.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Great sink rankings lol

I see minh's is asian that seems right...foy's is ridiculous naturally, beta's is like a fish as his name implies, and Jesiah's is refined and classy good good.

But why is burak's a sinkhole thing?

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Great sink rankings lol

I see minh's is asian that seems right...foy's is ridiculous naturally, beta's is like a fish as his name implies, and Jesiah's is refined and classy good good.

But why is burak's a sinkhole thing?
Because sinkholes are awesome, and Burak is awesome. It was originally going to be plants growing out of a sink, but I changed it to unite everyone in the Mention.

Holy crap, almost wishing I was on the PR so I could be part of the sink theme
Maybe you should live here :p

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why people even degrade our region.

We have the best Ike player in the nation, a player who has gotten top 10 at a national, elite ZSS, IC's, Sonic, and Ness players that are possibly some of the best on the EC (with their characters), a rising Lucario main that has placed consistently well, and several other solid players to back us up.

Trashtalkers come here and back your **** up please.

And I like the sink ranking...pretty sweet haha. A music theme to go with the new rankings would be pretty sweet imo.

hubble

Smash Ace
WOW ROB. AMAZING PR. WOOOOWW.

im high as a GODs azz hole over here :D

can i get some late night smooshing company with any posters in dis *****? ? !

Prawn

Smash Master
yo wtf upsate ny smokes that good stuff

im def comin now nbut u guys gotta smomke me up

hope htis post makes sense

Top Bottom