• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
3. If TUSM ever came back, he would **** us at an all fd tourney. lol
Gimme enough reason to come back, and I will. *starts money back chant*

JamesG said:
Dedede on FD isn't that bad. TUSM definitely would not **** us. He was lucky Matt choked, and who knows, maybe me or you could've beat him, Goggles.
If anyone choked in that set, it would be me. I had the match won for over a minute when he had Sopo at high damage and almost game back to win. He's lucky because I didn't get any Gordos (inb4fsmashat70). I do want to play him again, though. I got three (3) Gordos with his name on them.

Also, if I do get the chance to see you again, wanna MM? Lucario, right? I'll even do all FD.

.......*remembers he doesn't do tournies anymore.

I'll have my people call your people.

/latenamesearch

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Any of you guys still play melee? T_T Seems like this thread has been overrun with brawl speak :p

Gonna be back up in Saratoga to finish up my last year of college. If the melee scene's still alive and well, I'll attend whatever events I can. I won't have a car, so I might have to pester someone nearby for a ride/rides :p

hubble

Smash Ace
Any of you guys still play melee? T_T Seems like this thread has been overrun with brawl speak :p

Gonna be back up in Saratoga to finish up my last year of college. If the melee scene's still alive and well, I'll attend whatever events I can. I won't have a car, so I might have to pester someone nearby for a ride :p
Yessssss. Plenty of melee around here.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman

Gonna be back up in Saratoga to finish up my last year of college. If the melee scene's still alive and well, I'll attend whatever events I can. I won't have a car, so I might have to pester someone nearby for a ride/rides :p

Don't worry there are plenty of meleers out there still ^^

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
how is you smash coming along btw? we haven't played in a while...imma try to make it up to the smashapartment this weekend but things are a lil etchy since i broke up with neil...

I don't know why relationships are stressing me out lately so imma chill for a bit

edit: how are things with you anyway? life and such

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
I thought everyone knew this by now, but just incase you didnt notice, SV is the go to counterpick vs ICs.

If you get the lead, you camp the platform when its off the stage. and when it goes on stage, you either camp the ledge or jump above the ICs until it gets to the other side.

ICs will be forced to approach in crappy ways, you win.

Do it. It works.

@Sharky maybe thats why he keeps beating you... =P
SV is the stage I beat lain on for my CP

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
if anyone didn't see it yet I colored one of the pictures from the syracuse tournie...

It's a lil weird seeing that I an terrible at photoshop painting lol

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
No offense TUSM I think you're a good player but I'm pretty sure Matt would beat you if you played again, probably pretty comfortably.

And yes I am willing to say he choked, because I've seen him do it in tournament several times. Though I probably shouldn't have said you got lucky because of it so my bad. You outplayed him plain and simple. Do I think you could do the same thing again though? Absolutely not. Skill and talent wise, Matt is outta your league bro.

I'll MM you I guess if you come up here again. I don't really give a **** about money matches but I think I will beat you, so see you next tournament?

I don't even know why I'm talking about this though. The crew battle is my main concern so bring all your best next tournament and we'll get this **** done.

x13mako

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people even degrade our region.

We have the best Ike player in the nation, a player who has gotten top 10 at a national, elite ZSS, IC's,, Yoshi, Sonic, and Ness players that are possibly some of the best on the EC (with their characters), a rising Lucario main that has placed consistently well, and several other solid players to back us up.

Trashtalkers come here and back your **** up please.

And I like the sink ranking...pretty sweet haha. A music theme to go with the new rankings would be pretty sweet imo.
You answered your own question.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I thought everyone knew this by now, but just incase you didnt notice, SV is the go to counterpick vs ICs.

If you get the lead, you camp the platform when its off the stage. and when it goes on stage, you either camp the ledge or jump above the ICs until it gets to the other side.

ICs will be forced to approach in crappy ways, you win.

Do it. It works.
Im not sure why you offer advice sometimes since 99% of the time its very incorrect.
1st, The stage itself is such a good stage for ice climbers. Flat surface no uneven areas. really good size boarders making it easy to kill forward smash and with usmash. However platform camping is kinda useful but only when its not hovering over the stage. which is only for like 3 seconds. I think its alot harder to do it considering few things. When the platform comes over to the stages and you decide to get off, often people make a mistake and will take dmg in someway rather its from a blizzard or even getting grabbed. If they decide to stay on the platform ic uair will beat pretty much any moveset possible from above ice climbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3STwwAJGAdo

I've Beaten You,Snakeee,Pikapika,San,dr g, Sharky,Moss Probably everyone in the region with ics vs character on sv. If theyre some trick you know that makes it more effective show me next tournament!

The only character that can successfully plat camp on sv would be either mk or snake. Snake with his nades at all time forcing me to approach and securing him a percent lead. And metaknight cause once the plat comes over sv he can take to the air and camp me more, and he has really good gimping abilities so that i cant really approach him while hes outside safetly.

Moss says yoshis island is the best stage, i would have to agree (assuming lylat isnt legal)
1 huge platform that covers most of the stage that has very uneven flooring. Makes it difficult to grab and chaingrab. While i believe its mostly character dependent. As far as neutral stages go i feel like Iceclimbers dont really have a bad stage. But i would put Yoshis or lylat as their worst neutral.

fix'd cuz im pretty sure i could handle cura's mk/marth but he's not stupid enough to ever go them against me in tourney
I would gladly put money on either of these matches. I am very confident in them.

No offense TUSM I think you're a good player but I'm pretty sure Matt would beat you if you played again, probably pretty comfortably.

And yes I am willing to say he choked, because I've seen him do it in tournament several times. Though I probably shouldn't have said you got lucky because of it so my bad. You outplayed him plain and simple. Do I think you could do the same thing again though? Absolutely not. Skill and talent wise, Matt is outta your league bro.
By Matt he's reffering to cura.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
No offense TUSM I think you're a good player but I'm pretty sure Matt would beat you if you played again, probably pretty comfortably. Skill and talent wise, Matt is outta your league bro.

I'll MM you I guess if you come up here again. I don't really give a **** about money matches but I think I will beat you, so see you next tournament?
Wow.......WOW. Look, I'll be the first person to tell you when I win a match solely by luck. But if a person consistantly chokes in tourney, how can you say one is better than the other? If a person can't close a tourney set comfortably, then they aren't as good as you think and they have something to work on. (Cura, I don't want you to think I'm talking down about you. You are a great player, but if we played again, regardless if I win or lose, it would be another close set, I guarantee it.)

If I were to come back up to your region, it would probably be solely for this money match, and maybe the crew battle if we get enough interest. I know you're probably not comfortable MM'ing for the cost of the bus ticket to and from there ($30), so what's your price? $5 and up.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
@Ikon I'd MM you, but I only MM people I've heard of before.
so u pretty much suck is what im hearing.
Hit that edit button again; I'm waiting for a good one.
omg you might be the funniest person in new york hahaha
The real question is...

Why you such a punk *****? Don't talk about it be about it. If you can whoop everyone's *** come up here and do it don't spam boards with your weak-*** rant. I don't even play Brawl really and your attitude already pisses me off.
you dont need to play brawl to get annoyed and pissed off. and with that aside im not just gunna go up and ask ppl to mm. id rather do it from the comfort of my home and then when all the ******* step aside and like only 2 ppl have the courage to mm me then ill go. till then who the **** is even talking to you?

I don't understand why people even degrade our region.

We have the best Ike player in the nation, a player who has gotten top 10 at a national, elite ZSS, IC's, Sonic, and Ness players that are possibly some of the best on the EC (with their characters), a rising Lucario main that has placed consistently well, and several other solid players to back us up.

Trashtalkers come here and back your **** up please.

And I like the sink ranking...pretty sweet haha. A music theme to go with the new rankings would be pretty sweet imo.
elite zss? hes alright. san is good. i never degraded him.ic i can beat so that guy isnt important. and the best sonic and ness means nothing. thats like saying u have the best ganon. they dont place. and they can be a good sonic or ness player but they wont compete with my snake or diddy or ic or any of my randoms. and the reason the lucario places well is bcuz ur region sucks so who thinks there up to mm me?

pretty sure it was over 9000
u guys are all pathetic lmaooo

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
no offense ikon. I ***** you first game of our 5$ money match at Virdian city 7. Then we got kicked off because of pools startin up. I was looking for you to finish the set and you were no where to be found.

And the elite zss beat you that tournament as well Lol.

Of course that was a couple month ago, However thats the only information we have to go on. So i think ill have to side with you losing money in our region.

once again no offense.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
no offense ikon. I ***** you first game of our 5$ money match at Virdian city 7. Then we got kicked off because of pools startin up. I was looking for you to finish the set and you were no where to be found.

And the elite zss beat you that tournament as well Lol.

Of course that was a couple month ago, However thats the only information we have to go on. So i think ill have to side with you losing money in our region.

once again no offense.
if this is cura you werent playing my snake. tho im not going to lie i did use diddy that day and i beat dehf and almost fatal and neo so it wasnt a bad day but it wasnt my best. ur really good i had no idea u were cura but no offense you can only chaingrab. and after that tourny i beat cheese after he beat anti and NL i think (in a 30 mm. i beat cheese that is in a 30 mm.) so ur alright but u dont stack up to me. and i wood beat ur region minus san. im not saying i´ll beat him but i am to all ur other players.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lmao wooj you are a child i've played smash since before your dad busted his nut in your grody *** moms ****** get out of here.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

TUNNAAAAAAA!!!! YOU GOTTA COME OUT SON!

when are you going to be back in NY?

You answered your own question.
This kid is toooooo good.
you dont need to play brawl to get annoyed and pissed off. and with that aside im not just gunna go up and ask ppl to mm. id rather do it from the comfort of my home and then when all the ******* step aside and like only 2 ppl have the courage to mm me then ill go. till then who the **** is even talking to you?
1. Im right here waiting for you any time your ready to lose.

2. Be sure to let us all know WHEN you punk out of this match like I know you will.

and the best sonic and ness means nothing. thats like saying u have the best ganon. they dont place. and they can be a good sonic or ness player but they wont compete with my snake or diddy or ic or any of my randoms. and the reason the lucario places well is bcuz ur region sucks so who thinks there up to mm me?
1. Actually, vermanubis (best ganon) does place in the money in the tourneys that he goes to.

2. Sonic v diddy is an even 50-50 matchup.

3. I like how you keep asking who is up to money match you, when me, pika, cura, and James have all challenged you, I guess youre just afraid of all of us, and are waiting for lesser players to challenge you eh?

u guys are all pathetic lmaooo
Hello Mr. Kettle, my name is Pot. Boy, you sure are black today.
if this is cura you werent playing my snake. tho im not going to lie i did use diddy that day and i beat dehf and almost fatal and neo so it wasnt a bad day but it wasnt my best. ur really good i had no idea u were cura but no offense you can only chaingrab. and after that tourny i beat cheese after he beat anti and NL i think (in a 30 mm. i beat cheese that is in a 30 mm.) so ur alright but u dont stack up to me. and i wood beat ur region minus san. im not saying i´ll beat him but i am to all ur other players.

That sure is a lot of johns in that there post.

By the way, arent you like 15 years old? how are you even gonna convince your parents to let you travel all the way up to rochester/syracuse.

Take the bottle out your mouth, and get a car before you talk all this big junk.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Wow.......WOW. Look, I'll be the first person to tell you when I win a match solely by luck. But if a person consistantly chokes in tourney, how can you say one is better than the other? If a person can't close a tourney set comfortably, then they aren't as good as you think and they have something to work on. (Cura, I don't want you to think I'm talking down about you. You are a great player, but if we played again, regardless if I win or lose, it would be another close set, I guarantee it.)

If I were to come back up to your region, it would probably be solely for this money match, and maybe the crew battle if we get enough interest. I know you're probably not comfortable MM'ing for the cost of the bus ticket to and from there ($30), so what's your price? $5 and up.
I said my bad about the luck thing, and that you outplayed him that set already. So I really don't know what you were reading. Yeah the choking thing is something he needs to work on, but I think that now he has already played you and has a feel of you as a player and will come in with much more confidence. Instead of talking about it, the set just needs to happen. Because all the talk back and forth won't prove much of anything.

Regardless, it is a set I would like to see again so I'm expecting to see you next notable tourney.

As far as MM goes, doesn't really matter to me. Probably $5-$10, idc, and if you're trying to compensate for that bus ticket you can always MM more than one of our players. I just wouldn't underestimate us.

Crew battle should definitely happen, though. Please try to get that some hype.

elite zss? hes alright. san is good. i never degraded him.ic i can beat so that guy isnt important. and the best sonic and ness means nothing. thats like saying u have the best ganon. they dont place. and they can be a good sonic or ness player but they wont compete with my snake or diddy or ic or any of my randoms. and the reason the lucario places well is bcuz ur region sucks so who thinks there up to mm me?

Snakeee would probably wreck you dude. Oh wait he already has? Yeah some of our players main "not-so-good" characters, but they will still style on you. There are Lucario players who place well in other regions. There is one #1 in MD/VA right now. So you're saying the entire region of MD/VA sucks? That's just ridiculous. Come to next tournament or stop wasting people's time with your moronic babbling.

Prawn

Smash Master
uh verm has never placed in the money at any actual tournament....

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Sup Kid :D I'll be back up there around Sept 7th...so probably a couple weeks after I get settled back in there I'll be able to go play you guys. Does Altarian still play/go out? That's probably my best chance of getting a ride up there xD Though I remember someone telling me TheManaLord lives 10 min away from me...I'll figure it out when I get there hopefully.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
uh verm has never placed in the money at any actual tournament....
I have. Not much, but I have. :p

Souper Bowl #3, while fairly small, was one. Fatal and BC outdid me though. D:

I'd also like to argue (very much so) about the point brought up about being the best or a good user of a low-tier meaning nothing or very little. It means quite a lot, actually. When you get to a point where you can take sets off of well-known good players with such a disadvantaged character, such as Link, Ganon or Samus, that speaks volumes to one's ability. Those who aren't total philistines understand the virtue of persistence and perseverance behind maining lower-tier characters. :p

Maining a low-tier teaches you a LOT of things. But the argument about not placing is ridiculous. 90% of people who main MK don't place either. Unless you place top 3 consistently and have netted enough money to justify the time spent practicing and the cost of tournaments, then no one, except those top 3 placers, have room to say anything. >:p

/namesearch

Top Bottom