• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Just want to let you know i still love you.

I just hate your puff.
Guess that's okay because I main Zelda now :laugh:

I wouldn't say half the things I said if I didn't believe they would help change attitudes and improve mindsets. It takes a lot for me to stick my head out like that, and I don't really like hurting other people >_>

Really hope Snowman becomes good really freaking fast tho, because he's taken more abuse over the past 3 days than anyone I've ever seen take on these forums.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Id love to help but im moving all day. I also dont think your in the correct thread. This is upstate NY. I dont think inui will be arranging a pick up from upstate for you.

This thread will probably help you more.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208594
Thanks for redirecting me, I'm a silly west coaster who thinks New York is a small state. I keep forgetting it's like a 5 hr drive to NYC for some of you, heh.
However, I'm trying to make plans on visiting upstate NY as well, hopefully trying to get myself up to Ithaca, but the bus ticket from NYC is about $100... ([@@]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I wouldn't worry. We have a lot of time on our hands... and diks. LOL!
:yoshi: You also have something else in your hands!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~
1. step your nightvision game up.
2. Youre too slow!

Thanks for redirecting me, I'm a silly west coaster who thinks New York is a small state. I keep forgetting it's like a 5 hr drive to NYC for some of you, heh.
However, I'm trying to make plans on visiting upstate NY as well, hopefully trying to get myself up to Ithaca, but the bus ticket from NYC is about $100... ([@@]
I thought there was supposed to be some NY bus route that took you all from nyc all to the way to roc. or buffalo or something for like a dollar. megabus or something?

WillE

Smash Cadet
Guess that's okay because I main Zelda now :laugh:

I wouldn't say half the things I said if I didn't believe they would help change attitudes and improve mindsets. It takes a lot for me to stick my head out like that, and I don't really like hurting other people >_>

Really hope Snowman becomes good really freaking fast tho, because he's taken more abuse over the past 3 days than anyone I've ever seen take on these forums.
are you a *****? PUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sharky

Smash Master
I thought there was supposed to be some NY bus route that took you all from nyc all to the way to roc. or buffalo or something for like a dollar. megabus or something?
yeah check out megabus, I don't think it's quite that cheap but it's pretty cheap

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
So I'm thinking about picking up MK for the ditto. I can't win with ICs, Diddy, Snake, or Falco, and right now Wario's my best shot, who's struggling hard against MK.

I'm really thinking about it. My MK's still pretty scrubby tho, lol.

huMps

Smash Ace
ok so I was 100% sure I was going to be able to go yesterday untill about the time I was shutting the door behind me. And this **** happens to me all the time and it really pisses me off. I'm not going to go into why I missed it , but there is nothing I could do and honestly I dont think anyone in this community can relate. My point is, I'm starting to feel like a real D-bag always telling people I'll be there and then not showing, or showing up late and just waseting my time. So . . . idk

hubble

Smash Ace
ok so I was 100% sure I was going to be able to go yesterday untill about the time I was shutting the door behind me. And this **** happens to me all the time and it really pisses me off. I'm not going to go into why I missed it , but there is nothing I could do and honestly I dont think anyone in this community can relate. My point is, I'm starting to feel like a real D-bag always telling people I'll be there and then not showing, or showing up late and just waseting my time. So . . . idk
dont even worry about it man, life always does that kind of stuff to everyone

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I went to go to a tourney one morning a few years back only to find my battery stolen from my car because I slept with a girl that night. :laugh:

**** happens.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont even worry about it man, life always does that kind of stuff to everyone
What he said. Plus youre not in the same situation as the rest of us, Ive told you this a few times before. You get a pass from most situations for being a grown man with a full-time job and a complete family to support son. You cant really hold yourself to the same kind of standards for this kind of thing.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
I hope you guys continue to provide and develop friendships like I have beyond Smash because you will not find a community as great as this in your life. If I come back to Rochester for a tourney, I better get first class room and board!
Just found this little gem, <3 kelvin

:D
QFT.

trying to get me mad? :laugh:
"Last edited by SnowMan; Today at 05:39 PM. "
u at least slightly perturbed.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
1. PikaPika
2. san
3. Cura
4. JamesG
5. Tiger
6. KIDGoggles
7. MOSS
8. 1337-0
9. Sharky
10. TommyGreenShirt

I know I'm not qualified, but if I was in charge of the list, I'd make it this. Although 4/5/6 is pretty debatable. I'd take Snakeee off since he hasn't been here in a while and TommyGreenShirt on since he's been pretty active lately.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
1. PikaPika
2. san
3. Cura
4. JamesG
5. Tiger
6. KIDGoggles
7. MOSS
8. 1337-0
9. Sharky
10. TommyGreenShirt

I know I'm not qualified, but if I was in charge of the list, I'd make it this. Although 4/5/6 is pretty debatable. I'd take Snakeee off since he hasn't been here in a while and TommyGreenShirt on since he's been pretty active lately.
I thought san has been beating piapika lately? that's all ik, hah. :p

Sharky

Smash Master
nah, San's out of state performance dwarfs all of ours, there's no way we can rightfully put someone else in the number 1 spot

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Western New York 2010-2011 Seasonal Point System

To increase competition and encourage community growth among WNY as a region, Cura and I (JesiahTEG) have decided to implement a point system for this year's Season. Congratulations to Vicious who definitely dominated pretty much everyone last year save a few losses here and there, PikaPika! for placing 3rd without practicing, and Minh and The General who were newcomers last year.

However, it's a new year, new players have risen up, and some of the players who made the PR last year have been busy with school and may not be able to attend as much this year.

As such, it's only fair to start new and give everyone an equal chance in this year's Power Rankings. Well, enough talking. Here's the new Western New York Seasonal Rankings.

1. JesiahTEG- 1200
2. PikaPika- 1000
3. Minh- 900
4. Vicious- 800
5. eaode- 700
5. Beta- 700
7. Spamus- 600
7. Juni- 600
9. Amber- 490
9. Flaw- 490
9. Pyro- 490
9. a nub- 490
13. Snowman- 340

They will look prettier once they go in the OP. I understand some of you who have lost your rankings may be upset, as school, relationships, work get in the way and it's hard to keep up sometimes. However, that's what Smash is all about, and it's something we all have to deal with. This tournament was a great start to the new season, I have so many videos recorded that I'm uploading as well, so you'll get to see where you went wrong, how to fix it, etc.

With that being said, I'd also like to welcome a nub and eaode to the WNY community, and congratulate them on their first tournament performances here. Well done guys, keep it up. I'm curious to see what happens the next few tournaments. I know Steffon is going to be stepping it up and going as hard as possible to reclaim his #2 spot, and Beta just keeps getting better and better.

Also, who will be the 1st player below the 4th spot to takeover one of the top 4 spots? Because, Minh, Steffon, Neil and I have been the undisputed top 4 for a while now. I'm excited to see who's going to place top 4 first.

Good job and good luck to everyone!

Oh, also, after next tournament when we have two tournaments to go off of, we will be removing the Power Rankings for this point system. In the meantime, the Power Rankings have been updated.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The PR has been updated for both games.

Brawl updates:
Snakeee has been removed.
Pikapika is now 2nd and cura is 3rd
Everyone below snakeee has been moved up 1 spot
Moss has moved up to 7th
Sharky is now 8th
Leet0 is 9th
And Tommy greenshirt is now on the pr at 10.

Melée pr got alot of changes.

Brawl was updated minorly for the sole purpose of being updated with melée pr so we may updated on the same dates together from now on. And a point system will be made for brawl shortly

Top Bottom