• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

honeyBADGER!

Smash Apprentice
This is Vicious:

So about crews.... G$ was the only player at all worth talking about in crews, and even then, some people watching said he was in total **** mode.

Foy played terrible, Minh played terrible, and lord knows I played terrible. Jesse played normal, and Steve played normal, he just happened to play against a Fox (who he knows how to fight), and Lefty, who was probably the absolute worst Jigglypuff I've ever seen.

As for Animal in beast mode, the dude is ok. I've seen him play when he said he was playing really well, and I wasn't even close to impressed. I love all the NYC players, but the crew battle was kinda moot given how bad we played, and how bad your line up was outside of G$. I mean, you guys had PBnJ, who is decent, and that dude isn't even LI. Dude lives in the south. Shout outs to PBnJ.

Vicious

20$ MM?

altairian

Smash Lord
A challenge was made, accepted, and played. A winner was decided. Guess that means it's time for johns? The funny part is both sides are johning. I don't get it -_-

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Johns johns johns, PBnJ is from Long Island orginally btw.

Anyways, I wasn't even away these crews were going on, otherwise I would of deff been in on it.

I'm down for a 3v3 crew next time round; Animal, HoneyBadger and I vs 3 of yall n1ggazzzzz.

LETS JUST HOPE EVERYONE WHO PLAYS PLAYS BAD THO LOL!!

ps vicious is legit, that ***** fresh

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
So I've been talking to a few friends of mine on Long Island and we've come to the conclusion that we could easily kick upstate New Yorks *** any day in Melee. So i propose that Long Island and Upstate get there top 10 players and we either battle it out at ROM3 or pick a tournament that's in between the both of us and vs there?

Now when i mean upstate i mean the players either named in this thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255695
or live in that area (going to school in that area doesn't count)

If you guys are interested post on here or give me a pm. I was thinking every person pays 10$ to enter winner takes the pot? That's just an idea if no one is interested in paying it can just be a free crew battle no big deal.

Long Island Team
1. Codi
2. Lefty
3. Animal
4. Prog
5. Honeybadger (animal said possibily)
6. Smashjin
7. g$? (prog said possibily)
8. Just Sexed
Aright, let's be real guys. LI claimed they could EASILY beat Upstate, and they lost, even though they had G$ who was a "maybe". Prog$$$$$$$ didn't play since he was mad busy, badger you didn't play cause you weren't there. It seems like you guys were missing 2 of your better players, and thus your crew was incomplete...but G$ decided to jump in, so that's gotta make up for some of that at least.

I didn't play (hell, I didn't even know this happened, I woulda watched at least!), PikaPika didn't play. Upstate didn't have 2 of it's players either, so it seems like both sides were more or less equal in terms of who they were missing. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say hbadger and prog$ are probably better than PBnJ, so the fact that he came through doesn't really make up for too much.

Point is that you guys lost, even though you had a fair chunk of your crew present as planned, while Upstate was also missing some of its players. Show SOME respect, at least, for Upstate for beating the guys you had there.

Really though, if you didn't want this to go down without you, you should've told Codi you didn't want him to do crews at ROM. But I have a feeling you said "Nah go ahead, you'll probably **** them anyway", and now you're just butthurt that it didn't work out :/ Have some respect.

PS: Good **** General, whooped some major *** :D

Edit: @Project: YOIONOHOWILOSADATSCRUBTUNA

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Johns johns johns, PBnJ is from Long Island orginally btw.

Anyways, I wasn't even away these crews were going on, otherwise I would of deff been in on it.

I'm down for a 3v3 crew next time round; Animal, HoneyBadger and I vs 3 of yall n1ggazzzzz.

LETS JUST HOPE EVERYONE WHO PLAYS PLAYS BAD THO LOL!!

ps vicious is legit, that ***** fresh
Project!!!!

After you warmed me up in falco dittos I ended up beating Hazz in pools. Thanks dude.

EDIT:

Next time in crews:

Vicious
JesiahTEG
Tuna
Minh
TheGeneral

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
I think Neil needs to Be in that roster If hes present
Neil knows what's up. If my name wasn't fukkin DELISHISBLEND, I would tell you how necessary he is, but since I'm a gotdayng hater, I feel obligated to tell you that he's total trash and that nobody in this region but Jesseteggers matters anyway

MUNCH ON IT

EDIT:

Neil edited my post because I implied that within six months jesse, me, minh, steve, and tuna would be consistently better than him.

hubble

Smash Ace
Neil knows what's up. If my name wasn't fukkin DELISHISBLEND, I would tell you how necessary he is, but since I'm a gotdayng hater, I feel obligated to tell you that he's total trash and that nobody in this region but Jesseteggers matters anyway

MUNCH ON IT
looks like a rob post...

$$$

sup nikkas

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
But I do think it's true.

Jesse and Tuna are already better than Neil.

I had beaten him for three tournaments in a row before him finally taking a set back from me.

Minh is close behind me, and Steve seems to care again. School just kept him out of it.

Plus Neil has admitted in the past, that when he can no longer make top three at our events, he will quit because it won't be profitable.

And I would money match Neil, but I doubt he would accept unless he knew I was playing like trash that day. And then on that day I wouldn't want to, so he would call me out, and try to hype the **** out of it. It's the nature of Western New York. Trash talk when it suits you, and trash talk when it doesn't.

honeyBADGER!

Smash Apprentice
tuna....respect.

edit:

i also got respect for upstate but we gotta rematch so its legitsies.

5v5

codi, me, animal, g$, someone from SBU maybe? or project?

vs.

tuna, pika, jesiah, visc, minh?

Animal

Smash Lord
i took 7 stocks off your crew. most any player took from any side. You cant talk **** about how im not better than you guys i proved it

agreed, respect tuna

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Well Neil has placed top3 at the past 3 melée tournaments in upstate lol
I lost to him in one, and wasn't at two, of them. I don't even think geneseo should count given that you were missing five relevant players.

that being said, the regular trend is that me and jesse beats neil. and soon minh will be able to reliably handle his sheik and he will place below minh. he doesn't care about the game, and i haven't seen him actually practice it in almost two months now. minh practices and cares, so he will beat him.

i took 7 stocks off your crew. most any player took from any side. You cant talk **** about how im not better than you guys i proved it

agreed, respect tuna
Steve took 7 off as well. I didn't say you were bad. I just feel the hype gets inflated sometimes, and not really by you. Just by other people. That's the nature of the community. So when I say I wasn't impressed, I didn't mean you're bad, I mean to say someone inaccurately stated how skillful you are.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
So I didn't have my wii with me at home (still have to recover Rochester stuff due to unplanned move,) yesterday, and while we were all casual enough to embrace brawl and let melee rest when brawl came out....

We turned on that cube. And... MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Oh my god it was so hype. Irrelevant of talk of the competitive side of melee and brawl, I have to say... casual melee is soooooo much more satisfying than casual brawl. Oh man.

Animal

Smash Lord
im assuming hes the one who took lefty. he doesnt count. might as well put a brawl player in there dam. agreed i think both sides got overhyped. ask any legit player tho (mango, mew2king, swiftbass, hugs, hax) i am the future.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
im assuming hes the one who took lefty. he doesnt count. might as well put a brawl player in there dam. agreed i think both sides got overhyped. ask any legit player tho (mango, mew2king, swiftbass, hugs, hax) i am the future.
That is just about the most arrogant thing I have ever heard. Like, wow, bring your head down a bit dude. Did you even make bracket?

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
@Animal and Badger: I would definitely be down for a rematch, and hopefully LI and Upstate can get all their players in one place so this can go down. I've heard both of you are really good, so I definitely think Upstate will have to be on its A game to pull out the W :p

honeyBADGER!

Smash Apprentice
That is just about the most arrogant thing I have ever heard. Like, wow, bring your head down a bit dude. Did you even make bracket?
ok try this one on...

ask ANYONE(god, jesus, muhammad, obama...) i'm the future of this ****

I'm sucha ****ing BEAST and I don't play anyone but animal.

I've been able to create some of the most insightful and creative **** in todays meta game from playing ONE PERSON all day.

I'm the ****ing RAMANUJAN of this smash ****.

Oh you don't know who ramanujan is? Google him

P.S I'm typing this response from the backseat of my lambo, sittin on a stack of dolla BILLLZ YO get @ me

Animal

Smash Lord
we contributed more to this meta game from our basement than any player from your whole entire region how do you feel?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Upstate is pretty underrated in both brawl and melee, i feel we can stack up against anyone crew maybe not pulling out the W everytime but have really close sets and good matches1

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You're all f*cking terrible, so I think we should talk about how amazing my room is.

When Sam gets back, sh*t is about to be poppin in there.

PACO TURN UP DA MUSIC

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
So I am coming up this Wed, if I have time the day I come up, I might hit up anyone in Rochester, if not then just Friday.

KID has already contacted me about it, saying I'd be playing PikaPika, San, and himself, anyone else near or IN Rochester?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
There is plenty are rit which is where i assume youd be playing? Moss sheth gravy smm1 a bunch others.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Animal,

I have a lot of respect for your dedication to improvement. I'm glad to see players like yourself striving to become much better at the game. It's a sign that Melee will live on forever. Normally I don't reply to anyone's posts because I'm usually practicing in my room or at work or something. However, I'm on break now so I have some time to reply and I feel the need to at this point.

agreed, respect tuna
With all due respect, no you haven't. A random 5 on 5 crew battle without one of our best players (Tuna) that we ended up winning anyways doesn't mean anything man. You don't see me posting how I'm better than G$ because I beat him in a crew battle, or how your friend Codi challenged me and it was the fastest 4 stock I had in my life, as well as a solid 3 stock at I believe 0% the next game, so I'm better than you guys. Why don't I say this?

1.) G$ has placed consistently higher than me in OOS tournaments, so it's going to take me beating him a few times, more than once, for me to claim I'm better than him. Consistency is huge.

2.) I understand that your friend Codi does not represent your entire crew, so I'm not going to base my skill off of him alone. This is unfair to your crew, but more importantly I'd be cheating myself out of a true, genuine understanding of where I stand as a player, which is important to know since you have to know where you are in order to get to where you want to go. You beat a stoned Foy with cold hands (and don't say cold hand johns because it really is impossible to play with cold hands), and he wasn't even aware we were having a crew battle until it was happening. Not to mention, Foy is not one of our best players. Then, you managed to take some stocks off of Minh which is kind of impressive, but A.) he plays Link and B.) Last tournament I 4 stocked him and 3 stocked him.

3.) Even if we had lost the crew battle, I could have said we didn't use Tuna, you guys busted out G$ and PBnJ which is a bit ridiculous but, being a player always striving for the highest challenges, I more than welcomed both of them. Anyways, even if we had lost you wouldn't see me on the boards posting johns, yet we ended up winning and I come onto Smashboards to find you posting about how you ****? It's backwards man, have some respect for other people's dedication to the game, and more importantly have respect for the only thing that matters in Melee: Winning. You chose your people, we chose ours, we won.

4.) Only base your skill off of tournament placings. If I were you I would not be online talking ****, but rather analyzing my losses in pools to figure out how to do better next time. That's not even a diss, that's just genuine advice from a player just like you, someone striving towards the top.

Mango, Swiftbass, M2K, Hax and especially Hugs are all friends of mine. I'm not going to ask them if you're the future because it doesn't matter until you're there. Not to mention, those are all good players that while they see potential in people, they don't care about who's "Going" to be good. Prove yourself to everyone, make it so people don't have to ask how good you are. If someone says "you're the future" then that might make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. I get it, you put a lot of hard work into the game and you want your recognition. I feel that way too. But go out there and get it yourself. And don't ever refer to yourself as "the future." That's a belief that will only cloud your understanding of yourself and your playstyle.

we contributed more to this meta game from our basement than any player from your whole entire region how do you feel?
I actually feel pretty good with myself. I made it out of pools and placed 25th, although I'm not completely satisfied with myself because I didn't hit my goal of top 15. Furthermore, I'm very excited to improve as much as I can to hit even higher goals I will set for myself in the future.

Notice how I didn't mention anything about what you've done in your basement because, my feelings towards anything besides tournament placings are...well, I don't have any feelings about that actually.

So, in conclusion, you seem to have a dedication to get better that's pretty strong. I admire and respect that. However, that's about all you have.

You lack a deep respect for Melee as a game, I can tell from the way you make claims about contributing to the metagame from your basement, when really players like Mango, Dr. PeePee, Jman and others have consistently proven that they have taken this metagame to new heights, because we see it through their performances in tournament. Making claims that you've done the same is a slap in the face to players who have worked their ***** off and actually proven it.

I look forward to seeing how you place in tournaments and to playing with you. I was happy to see you do so well in the crew battle, as I would be for any player that does well under most circumstances. Again though, your attitude towards the game and other players is not only ridiculous, but it's going to hold you back in the long run.

Hopefully you don't take offense to any of this. Just an honest opinion from a fellow smasher.

-JesiahTEG

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

MUNCH ON IT

EDIT:

Neil edited my post because I implied that within six months jesse, me, minh, steve, and tuna would be consistently better than him.
1. that was yannick.
2. I disagree completely.

looks like a rob post...

$$$

sup nikkas
wazzz GUDDDDD. and yes, yannick and rob are both very funny people.
But I do think it's true.

Jesse and Tuna are already better than Neil.

I had beaten him for three tournaments in a row before him finally taking a set back from me.

Minh is close behind me, and Steve seems to care again. School just kept him out of it.

Plus Neil has admitted in the past, that when he can no longer make top three at our events, he will quit because it won't be profitable.

And I would money match Neil, but I doubt he would accept unless he knew I was playing like trash that day. And then on that day I wouldn't want to, so he would call me out, and try to hype the **** out of it. It's the nature of Western New York. Trash talk when it suits you, and trash talk when it doesn't.
1. Jesse and Tuna are better than Neil, but as I remember, Neil and minh are the only people in this region whos taken a set off of jesse in the last year and a half.
2. I dont care how good he gets, minh is not going to beat neil as long as he mains link.
3. Steve isnt going to beat anybody either until he starts using his brain more than his fingers in the game.
4. in the vein of jesses quote below, I think you should stop pole jocking yourself for beating neil when:
a. you say yourself he doesnt care about the game, yet your still losing to him.
b. you lost to him for a consistent 4 years before the three tourneys in question.
c. youre still the one out here forfeiting out of tournaments.
There is plenty are rit which is where i assume youd be playing? Moss sheth gravy smm1 a bunch others.

RIT isnt here... thanksgiving break = no college kids in town...

however gravy and smm1 should be here as long as I contact them today about it.
Animal sucks. we suck too, just not as much. general 'dont just talk the talk, walk the walk' type stuff.

I look forward to seeing how you place in tournaments and to playing with you. I was happy to see you do so well in the crew battle, as I would be for any player that does well under most circumstances.

-JesiahTEG

I mean, he makes it retardedly easy, all you have to do for jesse to be happy for you in melee is be a good player while at the same time not being me, and your golden.

:dazwa:

Foy

Smash Champion
1. Jesse and Tuna are better than Neil, but as I remember, Neil and minh are the only people in this region whos taken a set off of jesse in the last year and a half.
2. I dont care how good he gets, minh is not going to beat neil as long as he mains link.
3. Steve isnt going to beat anybody either until he starts using his brain more than his fingers in the game.
4. in the vein of jesses quote below, I think you should stop pole jocking yourself for beating neil when:
a. you say yourself he doesnt care about the game, yet your still losing to him.
b. you lost to him for a consistent 4 years before the three tourneys in question.
c. youre still the one out here forfeiting out of tournaments.
vicious again:

1. Neil and Jesse won't take sets off him again. That's not me polejocking, it's just being realistic. I don't see myself taking sets off him anytime soon either. He is better than me, and has much more time to dedicate to the game.
2. Minh plays marth too, a character which we are trying to get him to main.
3. Steve is so much better than you give him credit for.
a. I lost one set to him recently? That's it.
b. Who gives a **** about past performances when present performances are all that really matter? That's like saying Jesse is worse than Kelvin because that time when he first played with everyone in WNY he was a scrub and got stomped. See the point? At some point, past performances stop mattering significantly.
c. I forfeited because I knew I was playing terrible, and I would rather focus on my mistakes and go play friendlies rather than produce a disappointing performance in singles. I don't see any harm in that. Also, tournament, as in once. It's not a regular occurrence. I would say money match me, but you quit, so why should anyone care about your opinion or beating you anyways?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
b. Who gives a **** about past performances when present performances are all that really matter? At some point, past performances stop mattering significantly.

My point exactly. Do I bring up the however many times I beat neil in tourney? No, because it doesnt matter since he was the one who won last.

also, your answer to number 1 is kinda hard to follow, whos not taking sets off of who anymore? are you talking about tuna?

honeyBADGER!

Smash Apprentice
couple things

1)why is busting out g$ ridiculous? hes from long island lol
2)chill we're not serious
3)no one lol'd at my post that **** was hilarious

Foy

Smash Champion
My point exactly. Do I bring up the however many times I beat neil in tourney? No, because it doesnt matter since he was the one who won last.

also, your answer to number 1 is kinda hard to follow, whos not taking sets off of who anymore? are you talking about tuna?
I never mentioned Tuna, and my wins against Neil are recent enough to be relevant. But we do need more events locally anyways.

Top Bottom