• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
still don't see why cura doesn't wanna just leave them with me, though. it definitely sounds like the most logical solution to me.

edit: did rochester go to zenith? if so how'd you guys do?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
When's the last day to register again? I'm not registering until I can make sure I can get a ride and go.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
When's the last day to register again? I'm not registering until I can make sure I can get a ride and go.
same.

@san: you can register at the tourn as well. but i believe tomorrow (or end of may) is the last day for early reg. after that its a set fee of like 40 bucks for singles doubles and everything? i believe. check the site :p

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks for the answer. It's mostly because I don't have everything set with what I'm doing near CoT5 also.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
There was something that happened at Zenith that just kinda hit me on a really deep level. My match vs Cyrain- Everyone from WNY, including Juni, Nightro, Alex, Pyro, Alex's friends were all behind me watching me and cheering me on. I've never experienced that before. I mean, I've had a few people here and there but never most of the region. It was an amazing feeling and although I didn't express my gratitude at the time, I want to let everyone know how much I appreciated it. That's how a region should be, and I was sad not to be able to cheer for everyone else, but it seemed like I was just playing nonstop. Thanks though guys, I look forward to many more tournies in the future :)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sounded epic, nice job Jesse.

Thanks for the post, Yes! I'll keep it in mind.

huMps

Smash Ace
I got 3 mastered enemy skill materias.
And I won most artistic in high school ,so you can all line up and just start suckin.

Max?

Smash Champion
There was something that happened at Zenith that just kinda hit me on a really deep level. My match vs Cyrain- Everyone from WNY, including Juni, Nightro, Alex, Pyro, Alex's friends were all behind me watching me and cheering me on. I've never experienced that before. I mean, I've had a few people here and there but never most of the region. It was an amazing feeling and although I didn't express my gratitude at the time, I want to let everyone know how much I appreciated it. That's how a region should be, and I was sad not to be able to cheer for everyone else, but it seemed like I was just playing nonstop. Thanks though guys, I look forward to many more tournies in the future :)
Great post. Having your boys get behind you in tourney, having a strong and comfortable environment to play, have fun and improve, etc etc. Those are the keys to improving. A strong community == strong players. I attribute TFS's huge skill jumps in such short amounts of time to this and this alone....

well maybe weed too.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
LOL @ maybe weed

Max I heard you rocked HBK. TFS really is rising, it's awesome. You should have gone Doc on me @ Troy. I beat "Abate's" luigi and also Pine's doc before in tourney, so I'm like, decent at the matchup. I kinda just rely on Marth to get me through as opposed to really knowing what to do, so I'm not sure how I'd do vs you, but you're probably best Doc on EC now right? Who else is there?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Also, I'm cleaning up the apartment and holding a Smashfest this Saturday @ 2 PM until whenever. I NEED FULL setups if this is going to work. Amber I know you're really good at getting people to come, so if you could help out at all that would be awesome. Melee of course, if any Brawl people wanna come that's cool too, just bring your own setups please.

This will be a good excuse for me to clean the apartment haha.

I want AWESOME training :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hmmm... ill talk to san, nick and patrick, see if they want to come through. i doubt it tho, since me and neil are going to be in buffalo most likely.

huMps

Smash Ace
Where's the Lord of Mana been at?

And I'll obviously try and make it out saturday. I have no idea what I've going on this weekend.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Are there some skills you can only get once? Or can you just keep making them infinitely?

In related news, Beta says 7 was his favorite, and he didn't know what Beta was.
The Zolem magic
and the greek letter

HE DIDN'T KNOW BETA

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
LIES

First my tag is "BetaBahamut" and then was shortened to "beta" for convenience

Second I went chocobo route with zolom and returned later to get the E skill

third I was a latin student no time for greek, but the same teacher taught both so its not like I still didnt learn some stuff.

Dudu is just salty cause he sucks at minecraft.

huMps

Smash Ace
I believe the only skills you can get once are Pandora's Box and Laser. But P.B. at the end of the game so you already have you 3 E.Skill materias. And trine you can only get twice. That's the tricky one.

I might be wrong about lazer . . . . but i can't think of anywhere other that desert prison.

Max?

Smash Champion
LOL @ maybe weed

Max I heard you rocked HBK. TFS really is rising, it's awesome. You should have gone Doc on me @ Troy. I beat "Abate's" luigi and also Pine's doc before in tourney, so I'm like, decent at the matchup. I kinda just rely on Marth to get me through as opposed to really knowing what to do, so I'm not sure how I'd do vs you, but you're probably best Doc on EC now right? Who else is there?
Abate is really really good, that's legit as hell. Marth vs. Doc can definitely be tough, but I'm pretty convinced it's close to even as long as Doc doesn't play like a reckless idiot. And yeah, I guess I am the best Doc on Ec, just cause no one else plays him LOL.

As for me going Falco at the Troy tourney, I didn't really take pools too seriously and I thought that you were maining Sheik at the time, so when I saw you go Marth I was like "oooh Falco time". I'll def bust out the Doc next time we play.

Top Bottom