• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Chrono Trigger was released in 1995...
Excellent point. I don't really agree with MetalPat's statement about melee. I'm pretty sure it came out AFTER I was born.

:phone:

Edit: give me a good argument for my mom to let me come back to the tournament scene. Preferably an explanation of how much of a social and community driven game this is. I've tried, but to no avail. Ah well.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Excellent point. I don't really agree with MetalPat's statement about melee. I'm pretty sure it came out AFTER I was born.

Edit: give me a good argument for my mom to let me come back to the tournament scene. Preferably an explanation of how much of a social and community driven game this is. I've tried, but to no avail. Ah well.
Someone your age is HOSTING a tournament.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Thanks for the ideas and potential help.
Good point PieDisliker and if all else fails, I'll take you up on your offer Goggles.

Thanks guys!

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles are you driving there yourself or joining a carpool in cuse? also I've only heard from these people for utica so far for cuse:

cura
beta
stack
dai luna

if you are going and not on this list you should let me know so we can figure out driving.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so funny story, despite the fact that all the do is post youtube links from smashboards,and direct smashboard posts to each other all day, apparently nobody knew or was planning for the tournament this weekend in rochester....

Maybe if the info was in the OP like it should be, this kind of thing wouldnt happen.

a nub

Smash Ace
so funny story, despite the fact that all the do is post youtube links from smashboards,and direct smashboard posts to each other all day, apparently nobody knew or was planning for the tournament this weekend in rochester....
If you mean rit it's cuz we're gonna be home for break by then (finals week atm)

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Beta/Sharky/Trademark/JamesG/Dai/Stack are coming from syracuse as far as i know. which is gonna be rough to fit in to 1 car. is someone passing through that will take others? Im not 100% on trademark but im pretty sure he told me last night he was going.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Beta updated the thread with the Utica tournament a good amount of time ago.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Beta/Sharky/Trademark/JamesG/Dai/Stack are coming from syracuse as far as i know. which is gonna be rough to fit in to 1 car. is someone passing through that will take others? Im not 100% on trademark but im pretty sure he told me last night he was going.
Please let there be two cars, I really want to go :(. That being said, I am willing to ride in the trunk as long as I can breath.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Isn't there a train or bus you can take? You might not be able to take a setup but it'll work.

BTW, someone from Clinton on AiB pm'd me about the tourney a lot and asked questions. I don't think that's cross but here's the guy: http://allisbrawl.com/miniprofile/L.B..ai

He might not be very active either, I'm not sure.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Isn't there a train or bus you can take? You might not be able to take a setup but it'll work.

BTW, someone from Clinton on AiB pm'd me about the tourney a lot and asked questions. I don't think that's cross but here's the guy: http://allisbrawl.com/miniprofile/L.B..ai

He might not be very active either, I'm not sure.
I guess I could sacrifice the setup. There is no train station in Clinton, lol I have to go to Utica to ride a train XD. Regarding bus, there isn't a bus within walking distance from me. I've looked around a bit, but the bus system here is weird and nobody seems to take buses anyway. Also that guy is not me. Do you happen to know how he is getting there? Ride from parents or something? Maybe I could go with him.

Edit:^lol best recreational activity when drunk.

Top Bottom