• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Airblade Orange

Smash Rookie
Not dead. Just occupied with other stuff. Will not be attending Dust Bowl, as I will be in Boston.

Anyway, if anyone wants free money (store credit), MicroGame in Clay (just outside of Syracuse), is having a (Brawl) tournament a week after Dust Bowl. 90% chance I won't at that either but I think 1337-0 might be.
From what I've played of Brawl it seems like only the basic concepts of the game can be carried over from Melee. How competitive could melee players be in Brawl for a tourney like that which probably won't have many (if any) high quality players?

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Considering melee is assumed to be the more technical and 'harder' game of the two I think melee players will fair very well unless the brawl player utilizes and picks up and punishes the melee player habits (like when im not playing brawl for awhile i forget about airdodges). At higher levels of play the person who is more versed in brawl will most definitely win.

So I've been considering about going to APEX, seems like fun. Is anyone else considering it?

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Wow I had a blast at the Dustbowl today. The venue was excellent and meeting all these players finally was great and made me anxious for more. Definitely a great first tourney experience - and I know I'm not speaking for myself there lol.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
listen up.

kids from cuse get at me on facebook screen name is 'erik garb' if you dont have it PM me for my cell number ill work on getting a session coming soon once i get everyones contact info

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Kind of bummed I couldn't go to Dustbowl. Though the tournament I ran that same day was pretty fantastic but I really hope I can go to the next dustbowl.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Yeah it's a shame that they happened on the same day. It would've been packed if both tournaments combined numbers haha

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Theres a tournament in schenectady on the 16 th of nov. Im not sure which game its for. But if you look up the Schenectady smash page on facebook you should find it

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
Ha, you got so lucky in our LF's set goggles, and luck has to wear out eventually. + Home-field advantage lehhgo

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
If that's the Rochester one that's way too close to plan for I wish I could though. I'll go to the Schenectady one though.
Schenectady's tournament is actually the same day as RoM. Don't get me wrong I would love to go to RoM but that **** would cost way more money in every way possible lol. I'd rather take the most cost-effective route to getting my ass whooped:)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Same day as rom? So everyone that actually cares about melee will go to that right? Which means i can win that too? Yo sign me up!

@noskillz. Idk what to tell you bro. Marth sucks.
P.s. if ive learned anything from 8 years of playing video games with pikapika, its that some peoples luck never runs out.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
I was just trying to get some friendly smack talk in before the tournament, but since youre going to rom instead theres no point.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
I was just trying to get some friendly smack talk in before the tournament, but since youre going to rom instead theres no point.
He means since all the better people from upstate will be @ RoM he could win melee easy at your tournament haha.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Age, race, gender, orientation, character choice, location, none of that matters. All that matters is do you want to get better at smash? If the answer is yes then we can help

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480

Don't know why I posted it, but obviously it would be worse if I didn't..

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
No, the drive is an hour and a half. Wish there was something closer happening.
If you're from Rochester, you're in more luck. There are more smashers in Rochester than in Syracuse. I go to the Eastman school of music. Lots of people at RIT play too. Also, there's an apartment on university ave where a bunch of smashers live. People are always down to play, but I can understand you not knowing what to do if you don't know anyone yet. :)

nooga

Smash Apprentice
If you're from Rochester, you're in more luck. There are more smashers in Rochester than in Syracuse. I go to the Eastman school of music. Lots of people at RIT play too. Also, there's an apartment on university ave where a bunch of smashers live. People are always down to play, but I can understand you not knowing what to do if you don't know anyone yet. :)
I'm in Brighton :) and looking to find people to play with! If anything is going on in any of those areas just link me and I'll probably show up!

a nub

Smash Ace
at rit we play wednesdays 8-11 pm in the sau building and fridays 8-whenever above the campus activities center (I think that's what it's called. It's connected to the sau but in the floor above fireside lounge)

nooga

Smash Apprentice
at rit we play wednesdays 8-11 pm in the sau building and fridays 8-whenever above the campus activities center (I think that's what it's called. It's connected to the sau but in the floor above fireside lounge)

Would I be welcome (as a little kid) to just come over and play? lol

Top Bottom