• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im the only one here who has experience dealing with people as young as you who probably have to run everything by their parents to get an OK on it. So ill let you know, theres a video game club meeting at rit every wednesday and theres a specific group of us that get together to play smash on fridays. The fridays have beeen melee only for a while but if you want to show up i can secure a brawl set up have the couple other brawl guys i know show up so I can start training you all. And i can talk to your parents so theyll feel better about the whole thing

nooga

Smash Apprentice
Im the only one here who has experience dealing with people as young as you who probably have to run everything by their parents to get an OK on it. So ill let you know, theres a video game club meeting at rit every wednesday and theres a specific group of us that get together to play smash on fridays. The fridays have beeen melee only for a while but if you want to show up i can secure a brawl set up have the couple other brawl guys i know show up so I can start training you all. And i can talk to your parents so theyll feel better about the whole thing

Honestly I'd rather get into melee, but either is fine. My parents should go with this, I made them watch the documentary (lol) and they seem chill so that's good. Could you PM me the info/location etc. for the friday meeting? Definitely going to go if I can.

nooga

Smash Apprentice
So can someone let me know what building it's in/when it is/what the hell is going on? A link or something would help too. Sorry for being a pest I just really want to go tomorrow.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Honestly I'd rather get into melee , but either is fine. My parents should go with this, I made them watch the documentary (lol) and they seem chill so that's good. Could you PM me the info/location etc. for the friday meeting? Definitely going to go if I can.
oh...

Sigh...

Its in the upstairs of the Student Alumni Union building SAY for short.

Aside from you wanting to play melee, i like you already, you seem like you actually have your ish together moreso than a lot of people i know way older than you

nooga

Smash Apprentice
oh...

Sigh...

Its in the upstairs of the Student Alumni Union building SAY for short.

Aside from you wanting to play melee, i like you already, you seem like you actually have your ish together moreso than a lot of people i know way older than you
Haha, thanks! <3 Alright, last question: when is it exactly? Promise this is the last one, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
8 pm until whenever the heck you decide to go home.

Some people leave at 10. And the staff kicks us out at 2 but how long you stay is up to you.

Feel free to call me if you need directions or if your parents want to talk to an adult before they just drop their kid off alone at some random college campus

Kyle Flournoy

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jesse
Neil when he catches The Glow and reverts back to himself in his prime
Beta
Lefty
Mana
Normal Dusty Old Man Neil

The Rest

Boom. There you go.

Btw, there is a tournament in Schenectady next weekend, you should all go. Its probably less than 90 minutes from syracuse

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Yeah still haven't figured out a ride to RoM so I changed my mind, gonna go to this instead. I'll bring some buddies

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Lol yeah I was just too lazy to find the link for the tournament

But I live in Norwich, it's a shorter drive and it's cheaper to enter so it'll be more worth it

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be visiting RIT on the 25th or 26th, and will be pretty much left to roam the campus while my dad is in a meeting up in Buffalo, from like 10-5 or something like that. Is the event listed in the title taking place on campus? Or if I'm there the 25th will there be any smashers there up for some melee?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Please note that the event in the title was dated for october 25th. Not november.

That being said, there are tons of players on campus that would play you at a moments notice

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Haha sorry was half asleep when I wrote that. Didn't realize it said October haha. And thanks, hopefully they haven't left for thanksgiving by the time I get there!

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice
Ok so here's the deal. I live in buffalo and I can never find anyone to play with out here. Level 9 CPUs and online can only take you so far. Is there Anyone in Rochester that would be willing to host a fest or something. I need some offline playtime! Plz Help!

BioLogical Nun

Smash Rookie
Ok so here's the deal. I live in buffalo and I can never find anyone to play with out here. Level 9 CPUs and online can only take you so far. Is there Anyone in Rochester that would be willing to host a fest or something. I need some offline playtime! Plz Help!
We play all the time out here man. There's a few good players out in Buffalo as well. My AIM is always up and I usually get around to it at least once a day. Hit me up on there to figure out a time to come out here to play some. My SN is the same as my SWF name.

MattLZ

Smash Rookie
We play all the time out here man. There's a few good players out in Buffalo as well. My AIM is always up and I usually get around to it at least once a day. Hit me up on there to figure out a time to come out here to play some. My SN is the same as my SWF name.

Currently living at UoR and have the same problem as the guy you replied to! Is there a way to PM on this forum, I dont use AIM? (This is my first time actually logging in here)

EDIT: This is open to anyone else who sees this post, hit me up for games!
EDIT2: I play melle haha

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
So what's the best way to mash out of a grab? Is there some secret technique?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
To the buffalo guy.

Between the hours of 2 and 10 pm . All of the fighting game players in buffalo meet up at the play n trade out there. Theres a few brawl and melee players out there. Try to hook up with them.

But when you want to actually play really good people... Yea you gotta come to rochester

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well most of the good people are going to tournaments this weekend. All the good melee players are going to Rom. And all the good Brawl players (just me... ) are going to schenectady for a local

Top Bottom