• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ur meats not big enuff yet 1: a discussion of how pit does on the new CPs.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
(write up at end)
Their are several new stages in mlg rule set and on this thread we will discuss how pit can can abuse them.
I want to make this a weekly thing discussing a new stage indepth every week.

this week we will discuss ps2

Q: What advantages/disadvantages does pit have on this stage

Q:Who should pit take to this stage.

Q:Which stage shifts help/hurt pit most and how to abuse them.

Why am i doing this thread when their is already a stage discussion area on the boards?

Because this will tell how pit does on the stage, and pit boards are pretty much dead so hopefully this will cause some intrest

Why the title?

Because this is what pit is really saying when u do his side taunt

Now, discuss!

WRITE UP!

So ive been testing this stage a lot recently and my conclusion is ps2 is great for pit

Normal PS
flat fd like stage, its big which is good for arrow spam, nothing special about it

Transitions
pit can use every transition effectively
-ice is b-e-a-utiful, use arrows to disrupt their movement on the ice, AR across the stage, sliding f/d smash is ****, arrow looping and then AR is good, sliding infinite jab is lolz
-rock part;pit can zone/ camp great on the rocky part; if ur on the left side, arrow loop, if they approach, u have plenty of options, AR on the slope, spacing fair and nair, dacus on slope is great anti-air; on the right side; camp the corner (by corner I mean part the right next 2 the hill) space utilt and arrow loop, trap opponents into the dirt mound with jab AR and fthrow
-turbine part; pits stupid here, uthrow arrow for days, or uthrow>jump>arrow>they air dodge> punish with any arial, while in woi wind doesn’t affect pit’s momentum, this = wingrefresh and case them in the air, divedomb(when in air use woi fall and woi cancel) to the ground to avoid being juggled
-tread mill; good for pit planking, ****s up opponents spacing, uair 4 dayz; camp the middle

Disadvantage
-edges arent at an angle that helps our uair
-snake is broken on the treadmill part, moblile c4 and nades ****s our planking

fUddO

Smash Ace
Gliding is also really handy in that transformation. Overall, I think Pit has the tools to be a real terror there since his aerial spacing potential isn't as hampered as other characters during the wind.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Wow this is actually a good stage.
We can't fly under the stage though so we can get gimped alot more.

T he outwards treadmills can help our planking, yet add new dangers trying to recover. Such as ledge canceling.

With the wind turbines, not only does our wings our help fastfall, but they have it's own gravity. Making opponents harder to control their jump momentum.

On ice AR is great as it travels the stage. We don't need to run much or we can fly to reduce tripping greatly.

I'm not to fond if rock.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I agree with what's been said so far. I like the Ice and Turbine stages too ^__^.

Rock isn't one of the advantages of the stage, though. The multitude of platforms make it hard to camp from above, and the hill in the middle makes it hard to camp on the ground. That segment almost forces us to fight in close range combat. Try to stay under the platforms and shark with Uair when people are on the platforms. You're going to basically have to be skilled in close and mid range during the Rock phase.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i believe anystage u cant fly under is asking for trouble it just limits ur options but yes if the character is at a disadvantage (for ex. snake on air stage vs pit is crazy juggling just grab him uthrow him and hes got some sick dmg coming his way) ice bleh thats a nice gimmick but not that amazing as for rock and to what dualseeker said u should be good at close combat anyways...learn the frames and such tbh i could only see this used against d3...snake...and...thats about it oh and olimar as well

Top Bottom