• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ur meats not big enuff yet 2: port town, whats that road kill? oh **** its metaknite

dskank

Smash Journeyman
all right this week we will discuss port town aero dive
most people havent had the oppritunity played at a torney with this stage legal but if u have or if u have any input post that ****

Q: What advantages/disadvantages does pit have on this stage

Q:Who should pit take to this stage.

Q:y is this the greatest stage of all time?

i couldnt find any good picks of this stage can someone help me out with this?

now, show me ur views!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
first off pit shoudlnt play on this stage.
second off no one should play on this stage.
third off we should keep it that way.

thats what i would have said if i was a **** head.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
first off pit shoudlnt play on this stage.
second off no one should play on this stage.
third off we should keep it that way.

thats what i would have said if i was a **** head.
well that post is certanly going to help out new pit players PTAD is used in some tourneys now so ignoring it will not make it go away and will only put you in a bad spot when you eventually get CPed there.

I am no Pit main but i see little use for this stage for pit seeing as there are not many ledges this would not allow pit players to plank and that is a great strat from pit. also i can see taking meta here to limit his planking ablilites and force a in your face fight. also if you play the stage you can get that foot stool off while the cars are comming and that will lead to an early kill. It goes both ways and i would not think this is a good stage for pit imo pit players should ban it when legal unless a player thinks it would make a good stage to play MK on.

fUddO

Smash Ace
This stage actually seems like a decent Pit stage. We have great mobility, so avoiding cars isn't really a problem, but at the same time we have great zoning tools like WoI and AR that we can use for pushing others into cars. Most of the transformations are large, which is great for camping, and the main platform is semi-solid, so we can shark. The only issue we have is the non-existent ledges, which nullifies planking. However, this also makes many characters recoveries unsafe, and makes the possibility of gimps astronomically high.

TL;DR: Not as gay as most people think, Pit is actually good here.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Well Seeing as I think the transformation's don't change (as far as order) I think if you remember what goes to what you can have a solid time at this level

few pointers

-Shark when the stage is about to stop moving...that way you can use WOI after you used all your jumps to hit a safe landing on whatever part of the stage you are on.

-WOI gimping will probably be easier here (atleast on linear recoveries) seeing as there is no ledges

-Stage is clearly great for camping when on huge parts

-Gliding is probably way more useful here also

on CG able characters...CG THEM INTO CARS!!!! <--situational but it can happen...lol

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
OMG PTAD XD. Lol, what a lulzy stage to fight on. But yes, it is a stage that should be talked about... And a stage where we should explore all the lulzy things that can happen here.

Overall, PTAD is a good stage for Pit, while at the same time, not a really good stage for Pit. Pit has great advantages here, but they also come with a truckload of risks. Pit has great mobility here, probably the best mobility he'll have on any stage. But, even though he has great mobility, there is a large chance that you'll get gimped here. The obvious reason is that there are no ledges, but this works both ways.

In my opinion, you should CP this stage against characters that have HORRIBLE aerial game, such as DK, DDD, Bowser, and ESPECIALLY Olimar. DK has strong aerials, but will be EXTREMELY easy to gimp since his recovery can be Mirror Shielded. Since the main platform has no ledges, it will be extremely easy to gimp him with a Mirror Shield gimp; same goes for Bowser. DDD isn't as easy to gimp, but you 'll be able to punish the landing lag of his Up B, which will make the player think twice of using his Up B. DDD will most likely stick to just his regular jumps, so if you ever get him offstage, just spam Arrows. And this stage will be absolute Death for Olimar. Since he'll only be able to rely on his two jumps (and the little boost he gets from his Up B) to recover, it'll be especially easy to gimp him. Just push him far away from the main platform and Checkmate. Also, the cars will most likely hit his Pikmin, even if he does dodge them himself. It also helps that it eliminates any Tether recoveries, making Tink and Link especially easy to Mirror gimp.

Although, try not to take characters that have a strong Dair spike, such as Falco, or Kirby, since they'll be able to Dair spike you right onto the runway and potentially get you road killed. Obviously, try not to take another Pit on this stage either. Also, taking MK here is a good way to get rid of any kind of planking shenanigans, as people said. It'll also make sure that the MK will always land on the stage whenever he uses a Tornado. It also might make it easier to Mirror Shield gimp him on this stage, since there are no ledges to save him.

Basically, take any characters who are horrible in the Air to this stage, as well as characters who rely heavily on ledges for recoveries. Try not to take characters that have Dair spikes (or any kind of Spike), or characters that do well in the air to this stage. As long as you do that, you should be fine, character wise.

Also, look for any Footstool road kills. They're lulzy XD.

EDIT: Oh, and to answer your last question, Dskank; it's the greatest stage of all time because of Road Kills :D.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Theres a section of the stage where a wall appears on the left side, if you can throw someone on it, they will get spiked on the other side of the stage

Top Bottom