• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USA vs The World at Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
If we're really thinking this is going to be that unbalanced, and we want to give some players from Japan a chance to shine, I think America should just go all Falcon. Think how manly that would be.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow you are ****ing ********.

There is a reason to why we chose to divide sweden @ Beast2 for example, because the land who hosts the tournament is obviously gonna have more players.

Nvm, I forgot we did Sweden vs USA @ Beast 2. Usa just didn't take any stocks, they need to step their game up. Oh wait, everyone from USA has their own stupid john for never traveling and yet expect us to and flame armada when he doesn't come. Oh joy.
Wow, I'm ********? That's a bold statement. In fact, I'd argue that when you assert a mental handicap on my part with that level of certainty, there are only two possibilities:

1. You are correct, and I am, in fact, ********.

2. You are, in point of fact, the ******** one, and this accounts for your poor judgment with regard to my mental health.

Let's investigate, shall we?

Your contention is that the United States is going to win because the tourney in question takes place on our home turf, and therefore that my contention that your country needs to step its game up is indicative of my special needs status.

Now, take a look at your proposed list. If you could have anyone--anyone--from the world outside of the US, who would you pick? Perhaps Ice would be on there. Maybe Fuzzyness deserves a spot. Who else? Make a wish list. The list as it would appear if this took place on, let's say, Sweden's home turf. Would that crew beat our crew? Would it have a significantly better chance?

You're full of ****, you're a mean-spirited and fundamentally unlikeable person, you're not remotely intelligent, and you're going to hell. Live with it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Battlecow going in...

I DO think that the US needs to make plans to go over to Europe though. That's all I'll say.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think 5 v 5 crews could work on a single setup.

Anyone watch Canada Cup? They did an 8 team bracket, with every match on the stream (I believe).

At Apex, it would probably be a 4 team bracket (WC, EC, South, World). I think that could be done on one setup in one day pretty easily.

Just an idea. USA vs. the World would be hype regardless.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Sadly we wont be doing that this year.

Next year might be a good time to try that but for now it is only USA vs the World 8v8 with 2 alternates.

DrPP whenever you can I need the players and their characters a little bit after Tipped off 7

Linguini

Smash Master
lol alex strife....if you want regionals to happen they will happen regardless of your logistics.

you only need one free play setup for crews.

regardless I probably won't even watch world crews because there's like zero hype in my eyes. i'd rather watch friendlies between the top foreign and american players

kevo

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people are claiming this will be "no hype" because the USA is almost guaranteed a victory. Remember basketball's Team USA in the '92 and '08 Olympics? Especially in '92, with Jordan, Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Drexler, etc., Team USA was a shoe-in. They curbstomped all their opponents by 40 point margins, but it was mad hype because it was the DREAM TEAM. Against the WORLD! Except at Apex, the World isn't taking it lying down. :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Except at Apex, the World isn't taking it lying down. :)
Why wouldn't they? I would feel like a random slave put onto the arena together with other random slaves I don't know (the World crew) against a bunch of gladiators (the USA crew) for the amusement of the spectators (Americans).

You're full of ****, you're a mean-spirited and fundamentally unlikeable person, you're not remotely intelligent, and you're going to hell. Live with it.
Sorry, in our country noone believes in hell.
His point was that you can't expect all our good players to come to you at the same time. If we would make a crew battle with all Europeans and Americans who have actually travelled to the other region, Europe would dominate. If the USA even has enough players for that...
If you're so convinced that USA>Europe (which I in fact do agree with), just send a subset of your best players over here and it will be a more even battle. Then when you lose (because you didn't bring enough good players), we can say it's not our fault you need to step your game up.

S l o X

Smash Champion
usa:
mango (falcon)
pp (falcon)
s2j (falcon)
hax (falcon)
and then we can just throw together some foxs to make it a little more even. lovage, jman, replicate . . . all that jazz.

i also am pretty confident that regional crews would work if the TO believed / tried it. at worst, we'd end up with no crew battle and just put top players on livestream to do friendlies. regardless, hype.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
regional crews could work, they just wouldn't work on friday in the time slot we have them, for the exposure and the reason we have them for right now.

i'm looking forward to this.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Basically that Chris said. Its not that I dont want it its more of we would not have time based on the allotted time we have. I want to end everything at midnight at the latest not 2am or anything like that.

Also I want to stream the entire thing not have some great crew matches missed or just recorded.

Do not forget that while some of you say we should do that it is us that has to put in the work to put it together. We are the ones picking captains, making sure everyone participates, and making sure we run the event. For most crews I remember, they would either not finish or not happen due to time.

I hope you guys understand its not just a tournament but a broadcast we are doing. It makes sense for us to do one exhibition vs several where it would take a lot more time.

I ask all of you to really think about that.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Lol most likely not this year. We are doing a few different things this year that will blow your minds though

:phone:

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Venue rental: $2,000
Set ups: $800
Streaming and recording equipment: $500
The moment when, unexpectedly, fog covers the ground, the Techno starts pumping, and the strobe light starts flashing: Priceless.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sorry, in our country noone believes in hell.
Joke.

His point was that you can't expect all our good players to come to you at the same time. If we would make a crew battle with all Europeans and Americans who have actually travelled to the other region, Europe would dominate. If the USA even has enough players for that...
If you're so convinced that USA>Europe (which I in fact do agree with), just send a subset of your best players over here and it will be a more even battle. Then when you lose (because you didn't bring enough good players), we can say it's not our fault you need to step your game up.
Did you read my post? I asked him who he would field if he could pick anyone. It wouldn't make a bit of difference.

That said, my original point was that you guys need to stop johning about not having... whoever... and step up your pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom