• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Use Bombs Wisely!" new Director's Cut version on youtube (aka, condensed version)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Hey there. I just created a new version of the video, a director's cut if you will. More for personal use than anything, really. But you could treat it like "the video was condensed from 24 to 9" and run with that. All my favorite clips to my favorite song ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djvHqpoXPkU

for download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GZP4EIP7

If you saw the actual video (all three parts) then this video only has a couple of new clips in it. I actually haven't played Melee very much since all this was recorded in like Jan-Feb ish so don't expect anything else from me for a while.

Hope you enjoy, or enjoyed the others... Just have enjoyment in your life, will ya?

====

Mega upload, good quality, large video.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PMJFG7QP

My Youtube channel :
channel : "Tekami"

About the video! Did you know?
I am using the times (0:00) as far as the normal vid is concerned. (not youtube)

BLUE :
-The falcons beating me up at around 2:45 are Cornel (from GA) and then Face (SC)
-Did you notice the Mega Man 2 lifebars right before the "VS Falcon/Quickman" part of blue section?
-This whole part against red falcon is to simulate Mega Man vs Quickman, I guess. It was what got me wanting to make this video in the first place.
Lyrics that made me use it :
-"Your speed means nothing if it's death that you're running from"
-"-boomerangs at his side-"
-"quick on the draw"

BLACK :
-YES, we play at Yoshi's Island 64, what about it?!?!?
-Black YL is my most bomb-happy incarnation, not sure if that translated to the video exactly.
Lyrics :
-the use of "fragile" and "agile" :D very Young Link
-the chorus itself
-"tornado boredom, target practice, seven seconds"

RED :
-This section has the most tournament footage in it. (Particularly, "Down South Junkin" tourney)
-Longest section too, I think.
Lyrics :
-"the dream is alive! I can run up the hills every night..."

WHITE :
-My personal favorite section. I sat there saying "what song can I possibly use for white?" I turn around and Karate Kid is coming on AMC. Done.
-I really wish I had done something fancy after breaking Ganon's shield. What happened was I tossed a bomb up and was gonna try some silly **** but I failed LOL
-14:48 Falco actually hits the boomerang on his way out :D

Last two (Princes and Between)
-Lots of Mike G's Samus ended up here

Mid-clips :
1. first is from the movie "Aliens" and has audio from Star Fox 64 and Guilty GearX2 (Chipp saying TOO LATE over and over)
2. second is from Saw II, I always found this hilarious, as he's like "how can I be in more pain" then like 20 minutes later in the movie... that happens LOL
3. Gotta love Daniel Day-Lewis as the Butcher. "Delicious"
4. I may be the only person who found this to be the star moment of Grindhouse : Planet Terror.
5. I find Alex from Street Fighter III to be pretty hilarious, especially with "...Jesus."
6. I'm. On. A. Boat. .... Sorry Laijin...
7. There Will Be Blood is one of my favorite movies ever, and I couldn't think of a better ending clip.

look at these nice comments!

Hey man I can tell you really put a lot of work into this video. The creativity you laced through this entire video left me addicted, waiting eagerly on the edge of my seat to see what you'd do next. Even though it was a longer video than most combo vids I'd seen, I have to say that in this case it was a great thing because of how you set up the video in parts. It was like a psychological break of freshness after every clip, even though I hadn't physically left my chair. Truly yourself as a person was shown throughout the entire feature- You are a hilarious, creative, innovative, and truly awesome and AMAZING person for playing Young Link like you do, and truly hardworking, diligent, and true to your word when it came to piecing the video together. Very well done RC, may your video become one of the most talked about combo vids of the year- it deserves it. =).

Much <3,

Holymarf

Most creative combo video I've ever seen. Most entertaining combo video I've seen since I Killed Mufasa II. Most **** YL I've ever seen. Funniest combo video I've ever seen. Most entertaining and diverse music choice in any combo video, imo. #1 for sync'ing and attention to detail.

Definitely top 10 best combo videos ever made.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I watched it, and loved it.

Some very unique combos and a few insane edgeguards along with the music and inside jokes, made me die laughing and go "o****!" several times.

5/5!

Much love to ya, RC!

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I'll have to wait for the Youtube uploading as a few others; can't wait until I do =). It sounds like a it's a very creative COMBO video by what some said and on the YL specific board.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Ylink up in this *****.

Watching now

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
For a 24 minute video that was pretty good ****

5/5

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was thoroughly entertained throughout. Inspired, even; maybe I could accomplish something with the characters I enjoy, too...

I am also interested in the fact that Alex's chip damage death cry is, "Jesus..."

This was wonderful. You can bet that I'm keeping this on my computer. Totally worth the download and more.

You make Melee pretty in a way that I never could.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That was much better than I expected. I really enjoyed it.

I can say I watched the whole, and I was entertained the whole way through.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
thanks for the comments guys : )

yeah, I agree there is an awful lot of dair. I use that move a lot, sorry about that. His fire spike was the reason I ever picked him up.

I also apologize for the length but I couldn't bring myself to take anything out. Everytime I tried to drop a section or something drastic, the video felt shallow to me. Oi.

Youtube links will be up later tonight. My editor is at work ATM but he is coming over after and he, unlike me, has experience with video size and such things.

For my first video I have to say it is a good success to me and I really, really appreciate you guys giving the time to watch and comment. Thanks a lot!!!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
watched about 6 mins which was ok then got bored...dont make half hour combo vids -.-
How could you get bored of that?

That vid was way too good. I liked the little clips in between the sections. You had me saying "oh my god" and "what the ****" a lot.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I watched it, and loved it.

Some very unique combos and a few insane edgeguards along with the music and inside jokes, made me die laughing and go "o****!" several times.

5/5!

Much love to ya, RC!
Well im downloading it because I much prefer that to youtube. But when I see it I hope all these combos are as awesome as everyone says

D20

Smash Lord
LOL!!!

****... you really went all out. That was pretty good for an hour long video. My 4-minute combo video is going to make yours look like "The Lord of the Rings". Great job!

Just curious... how long did that take to edit?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah really. Too good all around. Those hookshots were sick, and those fire dair spikes. wtf. xD

Also, I lol'd when I saw the section with "I'm on a boat". I died.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
thats what i call a combo video.
your Y.Link is in another world, i love it.
i picked up a few stuff i could use for Link haha.

Edit: im gonna tell my community to watch this.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
thanks so much man

PS anyone who is unaware the celebrity credits / bloopers vid is on youtube now (fun stuff!)

EDITY!!1 oh BS well apparently my bloopers vid copyright infringed so now it's muted, whoopty-doo, so I removed and am re-upping with new song -_-

GOD!

Smash Ace
Great vid. i did get bored after the first 7 or 8 minutes though...
Some truly awesome combos, I was surprised there weren't more dsmash finishes, but that dair spike really works. PRobably the best combo vid I've ever seen.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
the boomerang glitch to double firespike made me squeal like a girl!

amazing video

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
are you asking how to do it or asking if that was what someone meant?

all you do for firespike is hit with the HILT/handle of the sword, basically. That's what I try to do. Find it works a lot better when jumping towards them. (as in, jumping up and hitting down on c-stick simultaneously)

Glad you liked it Laijin, glad you're not any bit angry with me lol

I wanted to do more boomer-shot tricks but lord, it's so hard to do in a match. I kept requesting matches at MushKing2 till finally getting that one. I wanted to like the crazy spin attack one, or three bairs or something on FD, but : ( never got done. Maybe a sequel (SHORT ONE) sometime later in the year.

thanks again for pleasant comments

Zodiac

Smash Master
25 minutes of young link kicking the crap out of opponent with awesome combos. I like it.

Ramz

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i am proud to get my *** kicked in this video. Glad to see the success on it.

Top Bottom