• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use for Jab?

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Is there any real use for MK's Jab? Every time I use it, I get jabbed back. It doesn't seem to have enough hitstun to use reliably. Is this a useless move, or am I missing something?

Trozz

Smash Ace
HAYAYOYO!
Don't use this move as an attack; you have much better moves in your arsenal.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Better to use ftilt or dtilt x_x

And yeah, same goes for me. This move only comes out of my MK on accident. I should really eliminate that.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I must admit though, even on the times I accidentally use it, it has helped me a bit when it hit my opponents from behind.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Uses for jab:

1) Against a non-tech'ing opponent, as it 'jab locks' for a bit
2) Against an airborne opponent, as their DI becomes predictable, the hits sure to land, and owns in 2on2; you should mostly use this when you're on the edge of a platform and they are off platform, you can almost always get a dsmash afterwards
3) In infinite situations, or multi-hits situations, like many walls
4) To look awesome
5) To 'spam lock' someone between you and your team mate, such as pinning an enemy between Pit's angel ring and this move
6) To look awesome some more

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I almost never use it except when I kill someone. I prefer it over a taunt because MK just goes crazy and stuff.

Eternak

Smash Rookie
it is also good using on jab lock situations when you do Dtilt and cause trip against a wall.It is very uncommon to happen but it happens Lol...also on Luigis mansion on any of the pillars from below to do the Dtilt if it trips the char Up+B then do jab lock into it..it is a good exploit on that stage.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
i would recommend not using jab because if you miss you have to wait for all nine hits to finish and you could be punished. also if you are in the position to use jab use ftilt. its a way better move. its faster and more damaging.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
Uses for jab:

1) Against a non-tech'ing opponent, as it 'jab locks' for a bit
2) Against an airborne opponent, as their DI becomes predictable, the hits sure to land, and owns in 2on2; you should mostly use this when you're on the edge of a platform and they are off platform, you can almost always get a dsmash afterwards
3) In infinite situations, or multi-hits situations, like many walls
4) To look awesome
5) To 'spam lock' someone between you and your team mate, such as pinning an enemy between Pit's angel ring and this move
6) To look awesome some more
Adding to it:

7) To surprise attack from behind if opponent is too close and is stupid. (Yes, very situational, but it works)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Use it after a glide to cover yourself

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Use near edge I guess if you think your opponent will shield. It will push them off the edge, canceling their shield and hitting them. This can usually lead right into a Dsmash, leading to a possible kill.

Roager

Smash Ace
Yeah, MK's jab is pretty much only useful if they try to go to the stage (not edge). It's good to stop those people and get a little damage. Also works pretty well after a glide, sometimes.

Oh yeah, and if you can trap them against a wall, it's pretty hard to DI out of sometimes.

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, MK's jab is pretty much only useful if they try to go to the stage (not edge). It's good to stop those people and get a little damage. Also works pretty well after a glide, sometimes.

Oh yeah, and if you can trap them against a wall, it's pretty hard to DI out of sometimes.
Thats my favorite spam, pin them and light them up. Theres no escaping that.

Top Bottom