• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for canceling charging needles?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Press L or R while charging needles, it can stop the momentum of stopping a dash just like a sheild.

bobknob

Smash Cadet
um, how about quickly transitioning from needle-charging to shield-grabbing?

srsly.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
You can change what direction you're facing in midair with a reverse-B-needle-cancel.
Otherwise known as a "B-Reversal"
Just for the record, this can be done with basically every special move for every character.

Ants

Smash Cadet
Otherwise known as a "B-Reversal"
Just for the record, this can be done with basically every special move for every character.
yeah, but canceling the needle would make sheiks the fastest reversal as she will be able to do an aerial immediately after.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
huh? it's very useful.

you can turn around in the air. it's useful.

but in the same way that it was useful in melee... don't use it unless you are really technically proficient. only the flashiest sheiks do this kind of stuff in serious matches. it looks cooler to do a reverse needle cancel bair than an RAR bair, :p.

Villi

Smash Lord
Ehm -- I dunno about you guys, but when I play Sheik and throw a needle in the air, there's a significant amount of cooldown before I can attack again. It also causes a bit of landing lag if I'm not high enough in the air when I try it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Reverse needle charge > cancel charge > bair. It's simple.

You can also do ledgedrop reverse needle charge > cancel charge > fair for edgeguarding.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I would say use it as a lure. Most people know you can't attack while doing it, but they don't know how fast you can attack out of it.

Basically, jump way up, charge one or two, cancel and attack. If they don't come at you, keep it charged for one they try to dash or throw something at you later.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I have been practicing dash -> needle cancel -> ftilt

Really fast ftilt approach to lock people in, practiced for a few hours yesterday and my hand was cramped in pain lol. For short distances you have to fox trot -> b-reversal -> cancel -> ftilt which confuses the hell out of my brain right now.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Heh, Needles are my favorite move of Sheik's and my friend gets annoyed by it, even though I don't spam it.

I cancel charing Needles in mid-air and follow up with an N-Air or F-Air. Basically, I use the cancel so I'm not a sitting duck in mid-air and sometime when I'm on the edge and I use Needle, I fall, but I cancle and Vanish up. It works faster than throwing the Needles and than Vanishing.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
i could never understand this AT, it never made sense in writing but it's probably something i do all the time XD

Top Bottom