• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Sheik in tournament play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoyroy

Smash Rookie
In every shadow, around every corner...AKA Vegas.
So there's these biweekly tourneys held here every two weeks (duh), and I plan to go to the next one. I have reason to believe that my sheik is half-decent, but Doc is my main. But with two days practiced with sheik im already pwning my friends so much more then I did with my Doc. I have fun playing with both, but I'm getting the feeling that sheik is...well...cheap. With little to no time investment I've learned how to do some sick combo's with her. Her combo's seem to make themselves. So my question comes down to this: should I ditch sheik for someone who takes more skill, or say "to **** with yall" and sheik it up? Thanks in advance ^^

Sytar

Smash Ace
Well, in lower levels of play...Shiek just...dominates. It's very, very, very easy to get decent with Shiek, which is why she is better than your main.

Alright, so she might be cheap. Tough ****. If it's a tournament, play to win.
You're paying to enter right? Nobody else is going to be holding back. Why should you?
As much as I hate Shiek and Shiek players, do what you gotta do to win.
Shiek it up and tell everyone to **** off.

====================
Before any players come here and tell me there is no such thing as cheap, bite my *** on a silver platter. You can have your cake and eat it too, alright? You can play to win and still recognize what is and isn't cheap (aka unbalanced). So spare me the riot act or the Sirlin article.

*edit*
Haha, I wrote "Shiek" instead of cheap.
"Don't tell me there is no such thing as Shiek" :lol:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Sheik is ridiculously easy to get decent with, and beat other newbies. A high level of play is something completely different, you'll get ***** by anyone decent. However, if your bi-weekly is full of newbies, go for it.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Yes shiek is easy to beat noobs with. But every tournamet Ive been too there have been more good players compaired to noobs. And to beat a better smasher with shiek is no easy task. I say use who you know best. If you think you can win with shiek then do it. BUT, if they pick fox I dont think shiek is your best choice.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Well, again, it all depends on your experiance with Sheik, and how good you are with her. You say you are "Semi-decent" and such, so that doesn't give the best description of what you know with her.

I will admit, I main Sheik for tournament play, and most of the time have no trouble getting top 3 if the people there are around my level, or top 5-10 if it is a larger one with people above me. Basically, with Sheik, you just have to play her smart. Remember, she can be comboed and ***** very easilly... but then again, she can turn the tables right back around.

Really, just watch out for space aninimals and ICs (but if they go IC, just go Zelda and you can kill them). Even with SA, just be cautious, and wait for the right time to attack... that, or switch to Doc.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
^what he said plus always have a back up character or a good stage for you, incase you lose, if the rules how are we play the tourneys in the west coast (mlg rules) than you should be able to choose a stage and based on what character they choose attempt to counter it.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. Basically... I have always found Sheik to be a Counter all minus SA/IC. So I have Zelda to counter IC, and I am picking up fox to counter the SA. Basically... if you are good with 2 or 3 good characters, you should be good. Just make sure to have all your bases covered.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
If you're top tier, you're cheap. That's why you're top tier. Fox can kill virtually anyone easily w/ usmash or uair at relatively low percentages. Falco ***** everyone's approach. Sheik combos like hell. Marth is a homo edge guarder with gay tip smashes. Deal with it. Just cause Sheik's the easiest to do doesn't make her the best at it -- she's not.

Jose Andres Herrera

Smash Cadet
In tournaments if you are planning to use Sheik... just be careful with crazy Fox and Falco's
that use WaveShine very good. and have a secret plan to "gay" Samus.

If you are good in all other aspects with Sheik, you'll be allright.

Jose Andres Herrera

Smash Cadet
LOL. its because like they start shooting projectiles and stuff and I just can get near, and when I do they do the super wavedash and go all the way to the other side of the stage, and sometimes I go passed the projectiles and I have already high damage....

Banks

Smash Hero
play sheik. then if you lose you have no excuse unless the other guy is playing fox. lewl.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
dont go by cheapness, b/c the truth is everyone will be cheap. You show me a fox in tourneys that wont go for a shine spike, or a falco that wont laser spam when far away. Everyone will do what it takes, so choose who ever YOU think ull do better with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom