• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
We should just bring Gamecubes, no Wiis.
That way we can't have Brawl. :laugh:

JK
Brawl+ friendlies are okay.
I'm really looking forward to this tourney though.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Wait there is going to be brawl+? How many TV's are going to be set up to it if there is? Me and skyray have been itching to try brawl+. ^^

C!Z

Smash Lord
So all we need is blank tapes then? I can cover that. Oh Yaz, why do you have to expose me like that?!

I believe Nate said there would only be 1 TV for Brawl+ if it's there(which is 1 too many lol).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I would do Melee I just always mess up because I am so used to Brawls mechanics and I cant shorthop on Melee which drives me nuts.
You play Fox right? If you can WD with Fox, you should be able to short hop with ease.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
You play Fox right? If you can WD with Fox, you should be able to short hop with ease.
Would me using tap jumping change anything... I can do it every once in a while but not consistent enough for me to pull of combos that I want. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Would me using tap jumping change anything... I can do it every once in a while but not consistent enough for me to pull of combos that I want. :/
I only use tap jump for jump cancelling, but that's just me.
For anything else, I just use the x button.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I meant that post to be would the fact that I use tap jump for everything change anything. I only use tap jump and I dont use button jump at all.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I use X for everything that isn't OOS. Learn to use button jump, it's pretty much flawless once you practice. Just use the very tip of your thumb and slide it over the very bottom of the X button as fast as you can and you'll be a short hoppin fiend lol.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I use X for everything that isn't OOS. Learn to you button, it's pretty much flawless once you practice. Just use the very tip of your thumb and slide it over the very bottom of the X button as fast as you can and you'll be a short hoppin fiend lol.
lol and I thought I was the only one who used the X button for jump.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I use X for everything that isn't OOS. Learn to use button jump, it's pretty much flawless once you practice. Just use the very tip of your thumb and slide it over the very bottom of the X button as fast as you can and you'll be a short hoppin fiend lol.
lol and I thought I was the only one who used the X button for jump.
Yeah, read stuff more carefully. If you would have read that, then you would have known that another person uses X long before C!Z posted that post of his.
But I think the majority of Smashers uses X to jump over Y/tap-jump, so I don't get your logic in the first place...

C!Z

Smash Lord
LMAO Burr! Haha he's not just talkin about the Brigade, he's referring to the females too haha. But yeah you're right Marco, Burr always gets jealous whenever someone else is tryin to snuggle up next to my stuff, you shoulda seen how bad it was when we lived together!

wangston

Smash Lord
I thought most people use Y it's right above A. You don't have to slide your thumb you just use the button right above A. It's the way the thumb goes when you are resting it on A.

C!Z

Smash Lord
That's what I'm talkin about Nate.

Yeah Wangy but for those of us who WD a lot during matches it's easier for us to use X so don't have to use L to do it or have a cramped hand that hits Z all the time =)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Not surprising since it's easier in Brawl and with Captain for aerials, but are you sayin you WD only with the control stick?

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Lol i dont use tap jump marco. I only use that in brawl to upsmash out of my shield. Or when i play Melee Pika.
But I use X for everything that has to involve a jump besides Multi shining(Jump Canceled Shines), For that i use Y. But i hate tap jump it screws everything up. thats why i never do my up air with Control stick up +A, I Use C stick for every up air i do.

And C!Z, chris uses control stick and L to wavedash lmao

Nul

Smash Apprentice
I have tap jump and use X for jump.

I find it funny because no Yoshi does tap jump except me.

And I have a set-up on my pad, it's freakin' awesome. If you don't exactly get it, vid in my sig tells all.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I hate tap-jumping. It's harder to use tilts with it on.

Spudz, you should just come to hang out with me. If you have a DS, I could bring mine and we can do multi-player games like Mario Kart, and we can just friendly Melee if you want. Although, I will still be entering.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

Sada

Smash Cadet
I only use tap jump for stuff OoS. Otherwise, I use Y for everything and usually turn off Tap Jump in Brawl. Though recently, I've have started using Tap Jump for more things.

So, no brawl+? I've been wanting to play it.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
lol I just noticed drugs/alcohol get you banned from the tournament XD

Marcoo!! Team with me in doubles ****

luan87us

Smash Rookie
man i would so be there for SF4 tourney but I can't stay long sadly so i think I won't make it to the actual tourney at all. We still need to bring our own controller for SF4? Is it on PS3 or 360? and i Fight sticks allowed?

C!Z

Smash Lord
Now PC and Yaz need to find teammates that aren't each other hopefully and we'd have like 5 good teams at least which would be way fun, 6 if Khom and Phil came! Plus all you others that plan on entering that i dont know about =)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Now PC and Yaz need to find teammates that aren't each other hopefully and we'd have like 5 good teams at least which would be way fun, 6 if Khom and Phil came! Plus all you others that plan on entering that i dont know about =)
Find teammates that aren't each other? What's the matter, scared? :p
But regardless...PHIL AND KHOM MUST COME!!
Count me in. After Tourney of Fate last Saturday I realized that I need to play more Melee. Of course I'm also gonna need a ride from the Trax station at 9000 s ;).
Maybe you can hitch a ride on the back of Nul's bike! LOL (Is Nul even coming to this one? I don't think he is...)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Haha no, I just think the more spread out the talent is the funner it will be instead of lopsided teams dominating the whole tourney. That's what singles is for ;)

DZLE

Smash Master
C!Z, if I have enough money when tourney rolls around, I would like to MM you.
I know I will lose, but I want to play you in a competitive environment ^^

Top Bottom