• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering, is Brawl going to be back next month?

And there is no good reason for bias C!Z, also, I play other games with more depth and greater strategy. Just in case you wanted to know.

C!Z

Smash Lord
That has nothin to do with anything. Smash is a reflex game with in depth strategy, so you have to think on your toes while having a lot of controller control. And no, I didn't want to know.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I won't be running one myself. Minato has the right idea, but it would be very difficult.
Yeah to do two melee tourneys we would need to get enough copies(roughly 5 melee TVs going and 1-2 for melee singles/teams)

BTWMinato, I saw in the UTAH thread "ill enter SF4 at Devistation". Have you been practicing onyour arcade stick =O. Also, add me on PSN "Zman94ok"

Minato

穏やかじゃない
BTWMinato, I saw in the UTAH thread "ill enter SF4 at Devistation". Have you been practicing onyour arcade stick =O. Also, add me on PSN "Zman94ok"
All right. I'll add you as soon as I can.
I'll buy SF IV for the PS3 probably sometime this week.

Gojira

Smash Lord
So I asked this at the SRK thread and now I am asking this thread.

I just purchased a 32inch HDTV. My PS3 is connected to it VIA HDMI cable of course. Now since the sound is coming out of the HDMI cable how exactly would I get my sound going to the stero? would I just use the normal yellow and red wires and connect TV to stero? If thats this case lol boy do I feel dumb right now....

wangston

Smash Lord

I just purchased a 32inch HDTV. My PS3 is connected to it VIA HDMI cable of course. Now since the sound is coming out of the HDMI cable how exactly would I get my sound going to the stero? would I just use the normal yellow and red wires and connect TV to stero? If thats this case lol boy do I feel dumb right now....
Yeah just connect the red and white cables to the tv and the stereo. There should be a red and a white hole for audio out.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

what wangston said, OR if u want amazing sound and u have a badass system for it, i HIGHLY reccomend getting a fiber optic sound cable, even tho they can be expensive (lol mine for my ps3 cost $1000)

Nul

Smash Apprentice
what wangston said, OR if u want amazing sound and u have a badass system for it, i HIGHLY reccomend getting a fiber optic sound cable, even tho they can be expensive (lol mine for my ps3 cost $1000)
Just see if your system can do an optic cable, the cables themselves run $20/$30 for 3ft/6ft at Best Buy (BB is expensive but they have them). Systems running optic can be high or low in cost range, most should have it as it is. If your system is surround or can run Component (the RBG cords) through it, odds are you can hook up optics to it.

Optics is near loss-less quality as it is not even remotely prone to static like composite sound (White/Red cables) and has virtually no delay no matter how long the cable is. Also, it can deliver true surround sound.

But, a home system is always good with composite sound, everything is an arm's reach with minimal interference.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
The SF4 part of the tournament will be moved to a different location. Melee teams and singles will still be at my house. Andy from SRK got a real venue all sorted out now.

Info:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6693491&postcount=1474

This also means that everyone will have to leave my house by a certain time. I'm willing to drive anyone who wants to carpool there. The tournaments should go fast enough for plenty of friendlies anyway, though. I may not be the person hosting the SF4 tourney anymore, but I'm ok with being a little lazy ;)

Btw, SF4 attendance is already expected to be over 30 people.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I might go to Andy's tourney after UST.
I haven't played SF IV for forever, so I'm probably going to need some practice.

The only Capcom fighting games I've been playing are SF II and SF III.

Sada

Smash Cadet
I will be at this tournament for sure. Though I haven't played melee in a long while.

I've mostly been playing MvC2 and brawl with a little SF4.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
cant go to this one guys... not that im too excited for it lol i like brawl better than melee and i suck at melee since i started brawl xD but if my schedule frees up then maybe... i got attendance make up that saturday unless my shakespeare teacher ****in fixes my punctuality record

EDIT: if anyones down for it come brawl at my house this week, i got like 8 tvs here

Junpappy

Smash Lord
So is the entry fee set at $3 for Melee then? Because that would be somewhat homo...

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Ooooh... i may take up this brawl offer of gangster :D

I've been wanting to smash (specifically brawl) it up for a while!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Alright, so the Smashfest Saturday didn't happen.
Couldn't go to the Thursday tourney either last week, this week, or the week after.
And I couldn't make the June ToF either.

So after much convincing of my parents, I'll be able to make it to this tourney.

But question: Is Brawl happening or is it just Melee/SF4 still? I need to know which games to practice up on before the tourney.
Lolcputrainingftl

Gojira

Smash Lord
It's just melee.
And anyone who wants to MM me in ragdoll kung fu. Whats ragdolll kunf fu? It runs and a simular system as smash but its funner (than brawl anyways). You can shield and do amazing things. So with that said, I will need as many controllers as possible. If you have a PS3 controller bring it, you wont regret it.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
If you're still short a few gamecubes I could bring mine, I seriously want to go this tourney, but I seriously need a ride from the nearest trax station, I could walk the remaining, but I'm almost certain that i'd get lost in the suburbs or at the very least show up a little too late. I only got to play against half of the people who were there for melee at the last ToF, and after my first tourney through smash boards, there's no denying it, I'm still addicted to Melee even after 8 years.

So yeah, will someone be able to pick me up at the trax station at 9000 s 165 e in Sandy, UT. Please :bee:

Flying J

Smash Rookie
And anyone who wants to MM me in ragdoll kung fu. Whats ragdolll kunf fu? It runs and a simular system as smash but its funner (than brawl anyways). You can shield and do amazing things. So with that said, I will need as many controllers as possible. If you have a PS3 controller bring it, you wont regret it.
Didn't realize any one else here played rag doll kung fu. If there is going to be a TV open for it, I might actually show up to this.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
So, it seems a number of smash communities are doing best of 5 for winners and losers finals in addition to grand finals. Time permitting of course, we should do this too :)

C!Z

Smash Lord
It's been brought to my attention that this tourney is only goin to be goin on til about 5ish...? If this is so is there possibly an alternative Venue? Not to say I don't appreciate Nate hosting but if I'm only gonna be able to play all of you on one day that's gonna be a short window. This is just asking, don't take it any farther than it has to, if you don't have somethin to contribute to this then please don't reply with nonsense.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I need to leave at 6. I also expect several people to be coming with me. You could just go to someone else's house with whoever is left, though. Playing in 2 different places to get every possible minute shouldn't be a big deal.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone was curious, I won't be going to the SF IV tourney after UST.
I'll be leaving for California on Sunday, so I'm going to have to get up early for that.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'll be leaving for California on Sunday, so I'm going to have to get up early for that.
......I just died a little inside. People need to stop leaving the state.

Sucks though this tourney won't last very long, what with C!Z being here. Eh, I think in the end we all have places to go anyway.

I swear, summer is sounding more depressing with every passing second. I hope this tourney is like...the s***.

~You will taste Man-Flesh! Stupid, fat Hobbit...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll be coming back for a little bit.
But I don't know when, how long, or if there's a tourney around that time.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure anymore. :laugh:
Now I don't even know if I'll be back.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I'll be coming back for a little bit.
But I don't know when, how long, or if there's a tourney around that time.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure anymore. :laugh:
Now I don't even know if I'll be back.
Then you need to go to this next SF4 ranbat as your last tourney. Also, bring your PS3 stick so we can play some SF4 on the side.

Top Bottom