• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Then you need to go to this next SF4 ranbat as your last tourney. Also, bring your PS3 stick so we can play some SF4 on the side.
All right. I'll bring my PS3 stick for casuals at FTS's, but I won't be going to the ranbat.
I don't have much incentive to.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Something came up and I will have to be late; I'll try to show up around 3 but if you have my number and you think about it, give me a call (remember I don't get texts) if the singles tourney starts sooner than that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As some of you may know, I will be moving down to California in the nearby future.
When? Even I'm not sure, but I'll be going down there for vacation starting Sunday/Monday.
I don't know when I'll be back.

I'm not sure when I'll be moving there permanently, but I'll be making this my last Utah Smash tourney for a long while.
I feel that it'd be nice to leave off with a Melee tourney.

In conclusion, this will probably be my last monthly tourney for a long time guys.
So make sure you guys show up.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Glad to hear it went great :D

Not really too disappointed that I missed it... sad though that I won't be smashing it up with Minato for the foreseeable future though...

Got to admit, had a preeeety good Saturday ;)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
UST 14 Results

UST 14 Results

Singles:

1: C!Z
2: Perfect Chaos
3: Yaz
4: X
5: Laozy
5: CREA
7: Kevin
7: Gojira
9: SuperRacoon
9: Vazor
9: DZLE
9: Minato
13: Joke

Doubles:

1: X + Lada
2: C!Z + FTS
3: DZLE + Minato
4: PC + Yaz
5: Joke + Lanky

Sorry for cutting it off at 6, but it worked out fine, and I won't need to do it on the same day anymore. The tourney rocked. Sorry I suck now, C!Z, lol.

Oh, btw, there's no reason for me to bring back brawl.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Tourney was awesome.
It was nice doing that much Melee. Too bad I never got to play Crea or C!Z for a full match. :ohwell:

I'm disappointed with how I did in Singles this tourney. I know I could've done way better. Oh well, GG everyone.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
waff plz there is a utah thread for a reason, besides which one are you talking about >.>

anywhoo im upset i missed this one, silly work

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
waff plz there is a utah thread for a reason, besides which one are you talking about >.>

anywhoo im upset i missed this one, silly work
Didn't start it. And oh, you know which one i'm talking about Mr. lips. ;)

But yeah... going back a bit. Is UST going to "just" be melee now? After the apparent success of this last one? If so thats kinda a drag...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The last one only got a good turn out cause two OoS people, Ciz and Crea, were coming and minato was leaving.. So that's basically three people that this was people's last chance to play against.

If brawl isn't at the next one it is not going to get as nearly as many people.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
The last one only got a good turn out cause two OoS people, Ciz and Crea, were coming and minato was leaving.. So that's basically three people that this was people's last chance to play against.

If brawl isn't at the next one it is not going to get as nearly as many people.
QFT

I'll join melee tournaments, but only if brawl is there :) I'm not gonna come to just melee tournaments to hang with 4-5 people that I can just see in orem.

wangston

Smash Lord
No guys melee is making a comeback. Just you see, Melee is the new brawl.

Melee is here to stay it's going strong and it has been going strong.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
No guys melee is making a comeback. Just you see, Melee is the new brawl.

Melee is here to stay it's going strong and it has been going strong.
Sure, I guess its possible (and hey i guess they've seen evidence of it from the last couple tourneys or so.)

But like Dryu and Kenny said, I personally don't think a huge amount of peeps are going to end up showing. I for one don't think i'd end up coming.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Don't listen to 'em FtS they'll come around after a tourney or two.
Just like the mexis did after showing up at Yaz's.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
But without attendance, the people who actually would come to an all melee tourney would eventually stop coming as well cause it isn't worth their time to come to a tourney with five people and little by little it will dwindle until there is no one showing up at all..

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Calm down, Calm down.

I am a huge Melee fan, but I still think Brawl should be at the tournaments because of attendance, and it is fun, but not as fun as Melee..

DZLE

Smash Master
I would host, and i might be able to host. MIGHT being the key word here. Only problem is a lot of people living at my house right now temporarily, but give it a few months. I will keep you all updated ; ;

As much as i love melee and fts and all

I need brawl, too.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Bottom line
If the smash (Melee/Brawl) scene dies here in Utah because of low interest, then it doesnt deserve to have a scene period. IF SF4 somehow suffers the same fate, we will definatley move on. However, we will not Move on to. MORTAL KOMBAT VS SUPER SPACE ROBOTS FROM SPACE aka Melee to Brawl.

Top Bottom