• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Bottom line
If the smash (Melee/Brawl) scene dies here in Utah because of low interest, then it doesnt deserve to have a scene period. IF SF4 somehow suffers the same fate, we will definatley move on. However, we will not Move on to. MORTAL KOMBAT VS SUPER SPACE ROBOTS FROM SPACE aka Melee to Brawl.
Lol Jira BRAWL ISNT THAT BAD. It just doesnt have as much as techniques as it did in melee. The game is all about mindgames, if you dont have mindgames, you'll always get hit and so you'd get *****. IF you think brawl doesnt require skill, then you should actually try on getting good,entering a tournament, and seeing how brawl is a lot harder than you think. Play against Ken,yaz Or chris.. You probably wouldnt take one stock. (Just like in melee :laugh: )
Oh and the brawl scene is still alive, but it wont be if FTS takes out brawl in UST. If a lot of people wanted for it to be melee, they would have entered the melee side tournaments, when there was brawl. And quit fucking talking about SF4 and those games, THIS IS SMASHBOARDS. and the only people that play SF at all competitively is what minato,fts,and you. So quit talking about those games when more than half of the people here dont give a shit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Bottom line
If the smash (Melee/Brawl) scene dies here in Utah because of low interest, then it doesnt deserve to have a scene period. IF SF4 somehow suffers the same fate, we will definatley move on. However, we will not Move on to. MORTAL KOMBAT VS SUPER SPACE ROBOTS FROM SPACE aka Melee to Brawl.
Brawl isn't so bad.
People think that I really hate Brawl, which isn't true. I just prefer other games more.
Plus I'm not good at Brawl. :laugh:

And Super Space Robots From Space? There's already a game like that made by Capcom.
It's called Gundam VS Gundam. And it's good.

Lol Jira BRAWL ISNT THAT BAD. It just doesnt have as much as techniques as it did in melee. The game is all about mindgames, if you dont have mindgames, you'll always get hit and so you'd get *****. IF you think brawl doesnt require skill, then you should actually try on getting good,entering a tournament, and seeing how brawl is a lot harder than you think. Play against Ken,yaz Or chris.. You probably wouldnt take one stock. (Just like in melee :laugh: )
Oh and the brawl scene is still alive, but it wont be if FTS takes out brawl in UST. If a lot of people wanted for it to be melee, they would have entered the melee side tournaments, when there was brawl. And quit fucking talking about SF4 and those games, THIS IS SMASHBOARDS. and the only people that play SF at all competitively is what minato,fts,and you. So quit talking about those games when more than half of the people here dont give a shit.
I don't play Street Fighter competitively, really.
I've never entered a ranbat or a tourney that has involved money.

I also haven't played SF IV in so long either. I've moved onto other fighting games like Melty Blood. :)

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Wow I totally love you right now David.

wangston

Smash Lord
You can look but you can't touch it,
If you touch it I'ma start some drama,
You don't want no drama,
No, no drama, no, no, no, no drama

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
QFT.
No one wants to hear your stupid rants Goira. No one.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
dai-a i just want u to know....

...i cumsploded

Bottom line
gojira, melee is legit, brawl is not melee but its just as or more legit dai is 100 percent right dude

vazor

Smash Apprentice
I would host, and i might be able to host. MIGHT being the key word here. Only problem is a lot of people living at my house right now temporarily, but give it a few months. I will keep you all updated ; ;

As much as i love melee and fts and all

I need brawl, too.

Cool, DZLE, smash fests and tourneys at your place would be sweet.

Bottom line
If the smash (Melee/Brawl) scene dies here in Utah because of low interest, then it doesnt deserve to have a scene period.
QFT, if a little drama can make this scene fall apart, then wow- how immature and unpro everyone must've been.

It just doesnt have as much as techniques as it did in melee. The game is all about mindgames, if you dont have mindgames, you'll always get hit and so you'd get *****. IF you think brawl doesnt require skill, then you should actually try on getting good,entering a tournament, and seeing how brawl is a lot harder than you think. Play against Ken,yaz Or chris.. You probably wouldnt take one stock. (Just like in melee :laugh: )
Oh and the brawl scene is still alive, but it wont be if FTS takes out brawl in UST. If a lot of people wanted for it to be melee, they would have entered the melee side tournaments, when there was brawl. And quit talking about SF4 and those games, THIS IS SMASHBOARDS.
THIS.. IS.. SPARTAAA!!
But srsly QFT, brawl isn't that bad.
Also IMHO I agree street fighter et al don't belong in a tourney thread on a forum dedicated to the smash games, but just using it as a metaphor sometimes is forgivable.
OTOH lol @ all the brawlers being all wounded and then patting each other's backs and cheering on {{the rant of doom from Mexico}} :laugh:
Srsly though I think FtS should have a brawl+/brawl setup but I don't mind melee becoming the main event at all.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
look guys, instead of getting all caught up in these silly little arguments i think my good buddy spock has some advice for all of you

http://spockswisdom.ytmnd.com/
Lol Spock, lol.

But yeah, Umm... not going to berate the point but concerning single focus tourneys (at least Super Smash ones) they kinda suck. With the pace things have been going, are brawl AND melee tourneys really that time consuming?

Anyways, w/e.

While the topic has been mentioned... DZLE, would you be willing/able to put up a smashfest before the end of June?

Gojira

Smash Lord
But yeah, Umm... not going to berate the point but concerning single focus tourneys (at least Super Smash ones) they kinda suck. With the pace things have been going, are brawl AND melee tourneys really that time consuming?

Anyways, w/e.

While the topic has been mentioned... DZLE, would you be willing/able to put up a smashfest before the end of June?
It's not the time consuming factor. FTS simply is done with Brawl like many should be.

About people complaining on me ranting on SF4. My last mentioning of it was simply to compare situattions. If a sequel is worse than the original, why would you even think of dumping new for old? Hence me saying the following...

If KOF sucks we are not going to be like "but is has teh shinie graficks and moore karackterz!!!!" we are NOT going to keep playing KOF if it is *** comapred to SF4.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
But Gojira... KoF XII actually has less characters. :laugh:
But I see the point you're trying to make. I just wanted to poke fun at your reasoning and logic.

Banned via Warnings
If a sequel is worse than the original, why would you even think of dumping new for old? Hence me saying the following...
gojirra its not like that, brawl is just a different game, melee and brawl are both good... there just two different games with different features. if brawl had everything melee has, then **** we may as well have just added characters to melee... its better this way. its like compairing a german girl to a british girl, their both sexy as hell... one speaks ur language, one probably doesnt very well so itll be easier.. lol jus like brawl and melee theyd both be fun ;P

-_- i shud falcon punch u, unleashing that much epic on one face is something i cant do the world.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
It's not the time consuming factor. FTS simply is done with Brawl like many should be.
Considering everything... as far as I know. He doesn't even play brawl =/ and neither do you "anymore". It seems more of a selfish reason to want to drop brawl than for any practical one... just saying.

And whoa, I know Gojira is a bit outspoken with his OPINIONS... but i dont think it really warrants so much flaming. Granted it does get kinda old... but thats besides the point.

Be nice :D

harpuia190

Smash Ace
lol thanks FTS :D

if i were to take a stab at it, FTS doesnt care for brawl anymore cause its used up its purpose

now that he has his SF4 tourneys and such attendance doestn really matter to him
and since not a lot of us have shown any interest in SF4 he isnt goning to try and get us to play it anymore

and why he does melee is simple, he likes the people who show up to the melee ones more, those guys have been his pals for a long time and they are some cool cats

but i could be way wrong so take this with about as much seriousness as my main choice or gojis last tourney

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
-_- i shud falcon punch u, unleashing that much epic on one face is something i cant do the world.
Oh, so you punch three people at the same time, instead, killing them in three different directions?
And whoa, I know Gojira is a bit outspoken with his OPINIONS... but i dont think it really warrants so much flaming. Granted it does get kinda old... but thats besides the point.

Be nice :D
Right now, Gojira just occasionally bashes on Brawl probably just to get people to flame. He knows that it always starts some sort of debate (large or small), yet, it doesn't look like he cares if it happens at all. I don't know why he's enjoying showing this troll-like behavior of his, but I would just advise to just ignore it. Everyone else avoids bashing "the other game" to avoid a flame war, but responding to this in such a manner causes the same result.
lol thanks FTS :D

if i were to take a stab at it, FTS doesnt care for brawl anymore cause its used up its purpose

now that he has his SF4 tourneys and such attendance doestn really matter to him
and since not a lot of us have shown any interest in SF4 he isnt goning to try and get us to play it anymore

and why he does melee is simple, he likes the people who show up to the melee ones more, those guys have been his pals for a long time and they are some cool cats

but i could be way wrong so take this with about as much seriousness as my main choice or gojis last tourney
Hm, from the stuff he's said to me and some others on occasions, I think that is VERY highly likely the reason why. But I'm not him, so I can't comfirm anything.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Ahh so that's why- I didn't realize SF4 was such a big part of his life.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Nice one, this line had me rolling on the floor haha.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Right now, Gojira just occasionally bashes on Brawl probably just to get people to flame. He knows that it always starts some sort of debate (large or small), yet, it doesn't look like he cares if it happens at all. I don't know why he's enjoying showing this troll-like behavior of his, but I would just advise to just ignore it. Everyone else avoids bashing "the other game" to avoid a flame war, but responding to this in such a manner causes the same result.]
NO, I am not trolling but I can definatley see how it comes off that way. I want Melee to come back. I wish Brawl never existed or it to have been good. The Melee scene was simply amazing before Brawl hit. If had a Lamborghini and then a BRAND new ford mustang comes out. Sure it's prettier and newer but the Lamborghini is still faster, better, and funner to drive so I wont go with the ford (gansta no, Brawl is NOT good, even in its own way). I dont want to see this scene go away simply because I love gatherings and listening to waff crack jokes or see Kenny trip over cordless phones, or Yaz make out with one of the mexicans....ok that just sounded way wrong... I want to be like "I am going to retire" and then go to another Melee tourney another 4-9 times.

Hm, from the stuff he's said to me and some others on occasions, I think that is VERY highly likely the reason why. But I'm not him, so I can't comfirm anything.
FTS told me he may even remove Melee simply because he is done. He has no interest in Brawl/Melee tournies. That being said, getting 15 people next melee tourney certainly cant hurt Melees chances. I am nto trying to troll or be an *** and just bash Brawl just to bash it.

So again. If you play Brawl thats fine play it. If you want to play to win and be competitive at a good game, pick up Melee. You can be new to the game, just learn it and get good.

As of this post I am done with this whole "play melee" deal. I have tried to save Melee as best I can. If it dies, then it deserves it, even though it does not.

Minato, let me know when you want to get owned online in SF4!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Speaking of which, I did buy SF IV for the PS3 just last week.
Unfortunately, the disc was having issues since it was a used copy and it kept freezing on me.
It was the only copy they had a Gamestop, so I decided to get a refund.

I got bored with SF IV, so I doubt I'll buy it again anytime soon.
Buy MvC2 when it comes out on PS3. The game's balance is more broken than Melee and Brawl combined. :laugh:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Zach, NO ONE CARES whether you don't like brawl or not. It's all opinion, and we're sick of you shoving your opinion around like it's fact. Please stop with it all.

And WTF are you talking about me tripping on a wireless phone? :laugh:

Banned via Warnings
NO, I am not trolling but I can definatley see how it comes off that way. I want Melee to come back. I wish Brawl never existed or it to have been good. The Melee scene was simply amazing before Brawl hit. If had a Lamborghini and then a BRAND new ford mustang comes out. Sure it's prettier and newer but the Lamborghini is still faster, better, and funner to drive so I wont go with the ford (gansta no, Brawl is NOT good, even in its own way). I dont want to see this scene go away simply because I love gatherings and listening to waff crack jokes or see Kenny trip over cordless phones, or Yaz make out with one of the mexicans....ok that just sounded way wrong... I want to be like "I am going to retire" and then go to another Melee tourney another 4-9 times.

FTS told me he may even remove Melee simply because he is done. He has no interest in Brawl/Melee tournies. That being said, getting 15 people next melee tourney certainly cant hurt Melees chances. I am trying to troll or be an *** and just bash Brawl just to bash it.

So again. If you play Brawl thats fine play it. If you want to play to win and be competitive at a good game, pick up Melee. You can be new to the game, just learn it and get good.

As of this post I am done with this whole "play melee" deal. I have tried to save Melee as best I can. If it dies, then it deserves it, even though it does not.

brawl is legit, id like to see u even attempt the gk combo in melee, and yes.. it can be done with every brawl character even falcon..... ESPECIALLY falcon.

and its GKIRBZ to u gojira

wangston

Smash Lord
Why are you guys so mean to gojira. I like him he makes me lol.

I think the bottom line is FTS doesn't want to host tournaments anymore. You may think 1 Saturday a month is no big deal to open your house up to people to play smash. But it is, his isn't the only one that lives there, his whole family does. It's not that easy to host a tournament at you house or everyone would do it.

Gojira

Smash Lord
brawl is legit, id like to see u even attempt the gk combo in melee, and yes.. it can be done with every brawl character even falcon..... ESPECIALLY falcon.

and its GKIRBZ to u gojira
Gk combo? GKIRBZ to me?
I really dont want to debate on a game that has less tournament viablility than Godzilla Destroy all monsters Melee. Its not legit in no way shape or form. But kenny is right, no one cares to hear what I said/say so Im not really going to go into it anymore, I'm done.

Why are you guys so mean to gojira. I like him he makes me lol.

I think the bottom line is FTS doesn't want to host tournaments anymore. You may think 1 Saturday a month is no big deal to open your house up to people to play smash. But it is, his isn't the only one that lives there, his whole family does. It's not that easy to host a tournament at you house or everyone would do it.
This is one of the many reasosn yes

Banned via Warnings
Gk combo? GKIRBZ to me?
I really dont want to debate on a game that has less tournament viablility than Godzilla Destroy all monsters Melee. Its not legit in no way shape or form. But kenny is right, no one cares to hear what I said/say so Im not really going to go into it anymore, I'm done.
ask dai how legit that combo is for urself he'll vouche for me lol :p if ur losing and pull it off u can put down the controller, cuz doing it is too much win to care about the rest of the match.
ALTHOUGH, if i ever did it at any house other than my own... im not likely to be welcomed back... for along time

-_- i hate bein called "gansta" or "gangster" or "gangsa" or any variation that isnt Gkirb(y/z) or full on gangstakirby...

Gojira

Smash Lord
ask dai how legit that combo is for urself he'll vouche for me lol :p if ur losing and pull it off u can put down the controller, cuz doing it is too much win to care about the rest of the match.
ALTHOUGH, if i ever did it at any house other than my own... im not likely to be welcomed back... for along time

-_- i hate bein called "gansta" or "gangster" or "gangsa" or any variation that isnt Gkirb(y/z) or full on gangstakirby...
Sorry, I shall call you what you want me to.

Brawls main problem is that...not only does it lack solid yumi layers, it also has tripping which doesnt help it. But again no one cares what I think about Brawl no matter how solid my arguments are. I just wish CIZ and Junpei would move back as that would help the scene come alive again.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i prolly cant do this gk combo :O

but anywhoo quit arguing, i agree with wangston in that goji should be left alone, i like goji hes silly

and as for goji attacking brawl, just leave it, clearly we dont have enough faith in our game if it requires us to dash to its rescue everytime its insulted, besides in the end he just wants to help the smash scene

besides, just think, goji wont be able to have fun with us at our tourneys now

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, I shall call you what you want me to.

Brawls main problem is that...not only does it lack solid yumi layers, it also has tripping which doesnt help it. But again no one cares what I think about Brawl no matter how solid my arguments are. I just wish CIZ and Junpei would move back as that would help the scene come alive again.
thx

but seriously, tripping makes metagame hardcore in brawl

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Instead of jumping in on this squabbling...I decided I'd make a funny cartoon instead!

Silly and pointless debate is silly. I hope you guys find this funny and not take it serious. I mean, you know how I am. I never try to hurt anyone's feelings, but just poke fun at life in general. I just tried to fit a persona to the big guys in this weird debacle (from Goji to Kenny to Waff to X even!) It's meant to poke fun not just at you guys, but this whole debate in general. My last panel REALLY sums up what I think this debate should do. I mean, just look at it, take it as you will, then laugh at it. It's what I want you to do.

Also, I may have figured out something about why Melee is Melee, why Smash64 is Smash64, and why Brawl is Brawl, and how this links to how games have changed over their course of time (from Mario to Mortal Kombat, from Halo to Street Fighter, from Megaman to Legend of Zelda). I'll admit it's a simple concept once I say it, and even some of you guys will be like "Duh", but it's still something that can make you think. Something I was thinking up while doing this. Pretty nifty thing.

Any way, random post is random. I'm gettin us back on topic!

So from what I could gather, FTS is kinda gettin tired of tournies. Well, I think if you don't want to do them anymore, you shouldn't. You're not forced to do so. Maybe you should retire the life of a tourney host, and become a tourney member like everyone else. No more hassle of keeping things in check, but just enjoying the game.

But if you continue to do this, then that's cool. Although I think I'll be making these tournies once every two or three months. I'm not into competitive Melee anymore (i.e. I suck too much), but I'll come to do teams with anybody who doesn't have one, and catch up with those who are still doing Melee.

Well, night ya'll. Hope you get a good laugh at what I did!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL I like the dog's face that's saying everyone is super gay. He looks like he's enjoying something a little too much :laugh:

But nice cartoon. Sums it up perfectly.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha! My favorite is the one with question mark. It made me LOL so hard. hahahahaha
Questionmark dog made me smile :D

So... yeah, I don't blame FTS about having problems with tourneys at his place, getting sick of it and all. I mean, we've done them there for how long? And yet EVERY time without fail, there's usually a huge mess... kinda a definite lack of respect... housewise?

Top Bottom