• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Biweeklies (Next: March 10th)

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I had 24 and last I knew Jeyt had 23... so that would put me as 5th, and him 6th, right? If we had tied he would have won, cuz he beat me, but that whole 1 difference bumps me up to 5th if I understand how it works :p

lengeta

Smash Ace
Jeyt has been to more tournaments though, so I believe he'll be higher in the Utah rankings overall. I have no clue how anyone's planning to run the point system though, I just hope everyone's cool with leaving it open to interpretation from the community and not throwing it all to a point system.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
These points should probably be pretty close to what we all know to be right. Granted some could be off. Who knows, people could of had an off night. One biweekly's ranking does not fully show everyones true skill.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
First Biweekly's Results

Singles

1: PerfectChaos
2: Laozy
3: Rafa
4: FoxTheStampede
5: Jeyt
6: CdBobo
7: Lengeta
8: RagingAsian
9: Jeff
10: Gideon
11: Gojira
12: Tsuteto
13: Clentes
14: Luke
15: Pancho
16: Caesar
17: KC
18: Kevin

Teams

1: Rafa & Chaos
2: OVER 9000 (FTS + Gojira)
3: I love Chinese Girls (Laozy + Gideon)
4: Team Suck (Caesar + Pancho)
5: Just our names (Jeyt + RagingAsian)
6: Maybe we'll place this time (KC + Clentes)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Jeyt said:
These points should probably be pretty close to what we all know to be right. Granted some could be off. Who knows, people could of had an off night. One biweekly's ranking does not fully show everyones true skill.
I know for sure that Gojira was having a bad day :(

lengeta

Smash Ace
Ouch, it hurts being lower than Jyet when I beat him. Kidding, I think he's actually better than I am from playing him. However, I also think I have the ability to knock down Cdbobo and Jeyt and rank above them, so you guys better watch out. PC, Phil, Rafa, and FtS are all way out of my leauge for the time being though.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Sadly once agian things are looking bad for me

In order for me to attend this tourney, I need to be home by 6. This means I not only need a ride home, but it has to be early...so...unless I can get a ride home(at least, I can ride bus there) I cant come.

Also everyone after I look at past tourneys I will get the Power rankings up.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Well by that I meant wins. Isn't that how we were ranked, FtS? Like PC had 34 or something, phil 32.... I thought that was how it was done. By points I meant wins :S, so.... is that how it worked, or, what.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
yea thats how this tournament was done. if there were a tie in kills, they looked at the # of deaths. however, i'm confused on how the power rankings will be done.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The tournament was based on number of sets won by each person wasnt it? The number of kills was used to determine a tiebreaker if there were two people tied for the same number of sets won. Right?

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Rankings was decided by how many full sets you won, hence why we played sets of best 2 of 3 with counterpicking and stuff. Since ties when counting sets do happen, ties are decided by total wins. If it's still tied, it's decided by who won the matchup between the players in a tie.

clentes

Smash Rookie
Hi

I'd just like to say that the first biweekly was the funnest touney I have ever been to. I can't really compliment anyone specifically cuz I either did the pwning (very rarely), or got pwned(plenty of times)....so, I can't really remember having a really good match. Thanks.

Oh, and FTS, it's 2007 now, not 2006, just so you know (regarding all of your posts with dates)

clentes

Smash Rookie
(Assuming that you're talking to me Cdbobo)

I am the 13 year old samus who you pwned in the office area, and I know who you are (obviously).

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Directions to my dad's house...

I-15 take 4700 S. exit. (I don't know the exit number) Turn west. Go to Redwood Road. Turn right, north. Follow to 4445 S. Salt Lake Community College on the left, and Eisenhower Jr. High on the right. Turn right. Stop sign turn right. Second house. White 2 floor house.

4448 S. Beechwood Road, Taylorsville, Utah

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So is it going to be like each person on the committe votes and depending on the place each person gives a play thats how many points. Like Texas did first place vots are worth 10 second 9 and so on.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
well the power ranking is taking a while so heres my thought on it.
1.pc ....he's been 1st for a while
2.fts...very good placing even though he didn't do that well in the last biweekly
3.chao...every tourney he went to placed high
4.me....because i kicked butt the last biweekly
5.rafa....tied w/ me in points but i beat him
6.jeyt...he's okay...
7.gojira..him too
well the rest can be in any order... these guys are good and can take our spots at anytime
8.cdbobo
9.lengeta
10.ragingasian

i took the best 4 placing and did some numbering thing and there you have it. it's based on singles only.

Gojira

Smash Lord
well the power ranking is taking a while so heres my thought on it.
1.pc ....he's been 1st for a while
2.fts...very good placing even though he didn't do that well in the last biweekly
3.chao...every tourney he went to placed high
4.me....because i kicked butt the last biweekly
5.rafa....tied w/ me in points but i beat him
6.jeyt...he's okay...
7.gojira..him too
well the rest can be in any order... these guys are good and can take our spots at anytime
8.cdbobo
9.lengeta
10.ragingasian

i took the best 4 placing and did some numbering thing and there you have it. it's based on singles only.
That is horribly innacurate........here is the current power rankings that WILL change because they are not fully done

1-PC
2-Rafa
3-FTS
4-Chao
5-Gojira
6-Phil
7-Jeyt
8-DSL
9-Layne

That is what it is so far....and it will drastically change as I continure to review tourneys.

FTS and Rafa are REALLY close as me and phil are. CLose that one mroe tourney can change both of those rankings. There are alot of people absent but will be added when the final list is complete.

within the next few tourneys I expect phil to move to5th and possibly 4th, Layne to move up a spot, jeyt and me to be really close, and to have FTS and rafa be really close, as DSL and layne. but I may be wrong.....Final rankings coming soon.

The commitee is goign to be the tourneys hosts mainly. But personal opinions on rankings are always welcome.

Takalth

Smash Ace
So what's the final word on location? The first post lists it as Gojira's house in one place and Jeyt's in another.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
haha. But really we should come down,, some time... I think if you got 5 people down there, I'd be up for going. If you can ever find out who that one guy is who posted, that only leaves ya 2 more people to find... ye can do it xsyven!

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Directions to my dad's house...

I-15 take 4700 S. exit. (I don't know the exit number) Turn west. Go to Redwood Road. Turn right, north. Follow to 4445 S. Salt Lake Community College on the left, and Eisenhower Jr. High on the right. Turn right. Stop sign turn right. Second house. White 2 floor house.

4448 S. Beechwood Road, Taylorsville, Utah
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

There. Gojira is the host. My dad's is the location.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Me going

I REALLY want to go to this next biweeklie and DO NOT want to miss it. Is there ANYONE who can give me a ride home saturday at 6? leave at 6? or preferably 5:50? I will supply gas money and hell even that persons entry fee I just REALLY want to go and not miss out.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I can't absolutely guarantee anything, but I'll try to be there. I just have to be done by around 5:30.

Oh and by the way bobo, I'll play Jiggs but I won't lose ;)

Top Bottom