• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Biweeklies (Next: March 10th)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
FTS' house FTW!!

Hey when are we going to do a crew battle tourney??

Takalth

Smash Ace
The only way this is possible is if I am able to get RIGHT to NU after work and they let our crew in.
You do realize that you can't win that one, don't you. I'll go ahead and put your unofficial crew into the bracket, but unless you all start going to the same high school, I'll have to pull you out to determine the official top three places.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Any idea of how many people are going to come to this? Lengeta, you still can't go? I think I may be bringing 5 or 6 including me... and warioware, too! Zack and Nate, how many wiimotes do you guys have? my friend who has smooth moves only has 2 wiimotes or something; can you guys cover the deficiency? Anyway, I'll let you guys know more as the week progresses.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I'm still not entirely sure. I'm trying to juggle a couple other things for Saturday. If I come, I have a friend I'm hoping to bring, though.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
My non-smashboards friends all suck. None of them play Smash :(

Anyways count me in for saturday.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
I wont be able to make it this Saturday. *cry*

There is absolutely NOONE that can work for me. Of the 25-30 servers that we have, they either work, have a school dance, or are on a school team.

Maybe next time.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Aww come on Jeyt. If you're not there for me to beat then how am I supposed to move above you in the power rankings?

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Jerk, am not.

Tell that to Howie. He constantly F***S UP MY SCHEDULE!!! I said that I'd cover ONE shift, and that He is to NOT put me on that shift. What's he do. Puts me there.
Also, I did have it off, Laura gave it to me, but Howie changed it.

Sorry guys.

I still also have your tv, vcr, Laynes power strip, and Zack's Hulk, Yoshis Island, and Mario ds games. I don't know how I can get them to you.

Sorry Junpei. Too bad we can't win teams now.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Well he certainly should be if he isn't.

Edit: Well if Phil goes and actually waits for me to show up this time we'll win teams for sure.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
uhhhhh. I guess I could get them to you tomorrow. I work in the morning. So I should be able to get them to you after my family gets home. Also I'll just bring it all so you can give it back to Layne and Zack.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Well if Phil goes and actually waits for me to show up this time we'll win teams for sure.
okay this time i'll wait and we'll win teams for sure.
i could pick up the tv and everything else at jeyts house on saturday while my way to fts house.
guess what, khom was thinking about coming with me, but I said hell no :laugh: maybe next time.

Takalth

Smash Ace
guess what, khom was thinking about coming with me, but I said hell no :laugh: maybe next time.
No! we llike Khom (okay, he's one more person who will keep me from winning, but he's cool).

Also, update, I will be coming with my cube and a friend who hasn't been to any tournaments before.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
As usual, I'll bring 2 cubes. I'll see if I can bring my TV... maybe. But it all depends on how many ppl I bring. 7 seats; 6 ppl and 1 tv, or just 7 people. I'm guessing the former is most likely what will happen, because someone is bound to not be able to make it,, so... yup.

L desu

Smash Rookie
Hey all.
Sorry for breaking in all of a sudden, but im in The Canyons, Utah right now and i was wondering if anyone here living near would like to get together with me and practice... I also would like to go to the tournament, but i still have to check out how to get there U^^... As for now, thanks in advance ;).

Takalth

Smash Ace
The Canyons, where is that? I'm in Southern Salt lake and am fairly flexible with times. Also, there will be Smash at my school 5-9 tomorrow (Friday) night. It's Neumont University (I'll give you directions if you're interested).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, I'm not sure if I can make it or not. Like I said, I have ACT testing, and it's scheduled to end at noon. So I'll probably be arriving last minute if I arrive at all. I'll try to plan with Rafa-Son and the others and I'll tell you guys about it after that.

@ L desu: You like Death Note? Awesome! Have you been to DeathNote7.com?

L desu

Smash Rookie
Takalth said:
The Canyons, where is that? I'm in Southern Salt lake and am fairly flexible with times. Also, there will be Smash at my school 5-9 tomorrow (Friday) night. It's Neumont University (I'll give you directions if you're interested).
The Canyons is near Park City and like 30 minutes or so to Salt Lake City... If you need me to specify more tell me ^^. And about the Smash at your school... i donnow, send details anyway and ill try to figure if i can go and how to get there :p.

Perfect Chaos said:
@ L desu: You like Death Note? Awesome! Have you been to DeathNote7.com?
Yes, i love Death Note ^^. I have not been to that website though, but i will visit it later ^^.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hooray! More smashers!

If you need directions coming from the Park City area, just stay on I-80 until you hit I-215 West and take the 2000 East exit. Turn left after the exit ramp and keep going straight until you see a Key Bank and a Carl's Junior in the corner on the left side and turn left. Take the first right at the bottom of the hill and then the first right on that street. It'll be the house on the left side of the circle....right Nate?

BTW I refuse to bring my TV to this. After what happened at Jeyt's I don't think I want to bring my TV until Ultimate Showdown.

L desu

Smash Rookie
If you need directions coming from the Park City area, just stay on I-80 until you hit I-215 West and take the 2000 East exit. Turn left after the exit ramp and keep going straight until you see a Key Bank and a Carl's Junior in the corner on the left side and turn left. Take the first right at the bottom of the hill and then the first right on that street. It'll be the house on the left side of the circle....right Nate?
I think you are assuming im going in a car, right?... well, if that is so, your assumption is wrong :p. And im not from around here so i donnow much about the names of the places and all... although i can ask ;). So, if there is a way to get there in bus rides or sth, u tell me ^^. Maybe someone living around can give me a ride, though? that would be a little better ^^.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Not MY fault that more tv's showed up than needed. Also if you had showed up earlier, your tv would of been used. So, uhh, there.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hey you knew how many TV's were coming before hand. I MIGHT bring it...MIGHT

Takalth

Smash Ace
I think you are assuming im going in a car, right?... well, if that is so, your assumption is wrong :p. And im not from around here so i donnow much about the names of the places and all... although i can ask ;). So, if there is a way to get there in bus rides or sth, u tell me ^^. Maybe someone living around can give me a ride, though? that would be a little better ^^.
My school is just off the freeway on the 10600 S exit. I know there's a trax location fairly close, but I can't give specifics.

If you can use a bus or trax to get within a few miles of the tournament or the school, I can pick you up, as long as there's a little bit of advanced notice. (and you should be able to get the same offer from somebody for almost any Utah tournament). The smash at our school will be myself, FTS, and a number of high school students who are not on Smashboards. The HS students will be doing an official tournament, but there will be more time spent playing friendlies than official games. A couple others from Smashboards may show up.

If somebody were to offer housing, you could come tonight, stay, go to the tournament the next day, and get a ride to the bus station afterward. Housing at my place is more of a last resort, but if nothing else is available, I may be able to make it work.

Gojira

Smash Lord
The Canyons is near Park City and like 30 minutes or so to Salt Lake City... If you need me to specify more tell me ^^. And about the Smash at your school... i donnow, send details anyway and ill try to figure if i can go and how to get there :p.

Yes, i love Death Note ^^. I have not been to that website though, but i will visit it later ^^.
UTABUS.com

Top Bottom