• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Biweeklies (Next: March 10th)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, Chao and Soto said they are coming (or at least they can). We'll probably be showing up last minute (or close to that, anyway), so if you can, could you wait just like 10 more minutes after 1:00 if we don't show up by 1:00? We would appreciate it very much.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Feb 10th Biweekly Results

Feb 10th Biweekly Results

Singles

1 PerfectChaos
2 FoxTheStampede
3 Chao
4 Gojira
5 CdBobo
5 Soto
7 L
7 Junpei
9 Clentes
9 Takalth
9 Laozy
9 Alex
13 Dr Jones
13 Gideon
13 KC

Teams

1 Koopfoxalypse (FTS + Gojira)
2 Sparta (Chao + Soto)
3 Never Dies (Junpei + Laozy)
4 Death Note (L + PC)
5 Malpractice (CdBobo + KC)
5 Jenovas Witnesses (Alex + Gideon)
7 Fishmage (Dr Jones + Takalth)

lengeta

Smash Ace
T_T

I've already requested the 24th off, and there's not anything stupid like Preference going on this time. Location?

PC, you SoB, you just told everyone you might not make it to get everyone's hopes up.
Nice job beating Chao, FtS. I know you can take PC, represent top-teir space animals.
Chao, step it up, Falco counters Fox, no rocks.
Gojira, NICE placement. I thought Cd, Rage, and Laozy all might push you down in ranking, but you showed them fools. You still playing your Shiek, cuz I know you can't pull that DK shiz on them like you can me, lol?
Good job Cd, way to prove BYU isn't completely worthless, lolz! (BYU is still completely worthless though)
L (I'm assuming this is the new guy from up at Canyons), you made it? Awesome! Hope you can make it to more of these, but I think your the only Smasher from over there right now. If you haven't noticed yet, there's only like 3 of us that actually own vehicles. I hope I get to play you some time.
Laozy, WTF? I've played Hugz before, stop not winning tournaments.
Rage, you can bump 5th at least. Maybe you should quit Jiggs, and I'm NOT saying that because I HATE Jiggs with a passion unknown to most. Nope, I don't hate Jiggs at all. (that hurt to type...)

There's too many good players now-a-days, and L ranking high his first tourny? ****! I guess I'll just have to beat all of you all at once rather than taking my time workin' up the rankings. I did lose to my Luigi friend Jeff in a Super Bowl tourny we did, but to be fair I Roy'ed him, and my Roy sucks pretty badly.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Gojira is good when he's not holding himself back with a low tier. He almost beat Chao's falco with Bowser, but FD likes to get taller when Chao gets hit high.

L isn't from Utah.

Are you able to help with the location, Lengeta?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You're right Layne I can bump 5th. Next time I won't make the stupid mistake of bending over for Zack's DK with my Fox.:(

And no, I won't drop Jiggs. In fact I should start using her more and stop using stupid counterpicks.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'm blown away when Gojira's DK or Bowser takes a Falco or Fox, it's just crazy, mad props.

And I don't seriously think you should drop Jiggs, Rage, I just think it would be beneficial... for me. I have to play so much different when taking on Jiggs or Peach.

Nobody other than the top four seem to be placing consistantly either, so I offically, personally dub power-rankings impossible to determine. But we (and by 'we' I guess I mean 'Gojira') should get the UPR (I thought it sounded cool...) thread up soon. Also, what's going on with the bigass tourny? Is that still looking to be awesome?

Are you able to help with the location, Lengeta?
Most definatly, I've even cleared it with all my roommates. I should have 3 (2 for sure) TVs and 3 cubes at my disposal here, and we can definatly fit more in. I'm only lacking in the seating department, not sure what I'd do about that. If we want to do it here I'll throw up a map/directions and all that jazz too.

L desu

Smash Rookie
lengeta said:
L (I'm assuming this is the new guy from up at Canyons), you made it? Awesome! Hope you can make it to more of these, but I think your the only Smasher from over there right now. If you haven't noticed yet, there's only like 3 of us that actually own vehicles. I hope I get to play you some time.
Yeah, i am that L and too the guy of the Canyons ^^. Junpei took me there and back from my place in his car ;). (Such a nice guy Junpei xD, just as Goji said).
I wont go to other tournaments or events cuz im leaving USA the 16th... Although if you want do something to play smash (get together somewhere, maybe with moer people, or something like that) before that date i can most likely go ^^.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I work every day this week exept today and Wednesday, so I won't be avalible for anything. Shame, but at least you got to knock some Utah skulls before you left!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Zack....one of these days I'm going to play seriously against you and **** your sheik.

Just wait...when the time is right I'll zero-to-death your sheik on tape and all will end.

Takalth

Smash Ace
This was a good tourney and people be scared....its only time till i go all sheik and claim my crown.
Your bowser is still an awesome counterpick on yoshi's story and green greens. In fact, I want to see you take him to an out of state tournament and massacre a bunch of people who've never seen a good bowser before.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
You're right Layne I can bump 5th. Next time I won't make the stupid mistake of bending over for Zack's DK with my Fox.:(
*snicker,snicker* hahaHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!! you definitely deserve that loss. Massive mistake on your part.

Beware, DK ahead. ***** Fast-Fallers!!!

lengeta

Smash Ace
So, we doing the 24th here at my place? It'd be nice to know if I was hosting for sure or not. -_^

I think it would also be neat if we kept track of/distrubuted our .tm2 files from Tournament Maker. I don't think the program supports statistics, but it would me nice to have them around to see everyone's stats and how they did, plus nice reference. We could just remote-link them from FilePlanet or something.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Yup, it's your turn Lengeta, unless you don't want to.

Results posts are all linked to in the utah thread. Bracket files wouldn't add much, especially since tournament maker wasn't the only program used and everyone knows who they lost to/defeated.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys should use my bracket program. Then I can put your results on my website, which will cross-reference results across tournaments and do all sorts of other nifty stuff

Come on, you know you want to :)

P.S. - Gojira is still the best Bowser ever. Seeeeeeriously.

Takalth

Smash Ace
If the creator of my two favorite IC videos shows up, I'll track the victories with his program, even though I'm not hosting.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Ok guys, here's how to get to my place:

You'll hop off I-15 at University Parkway, it's the UVSC and BYU exit, #269.
At the first light, turn right onto Sandhill Road. You'll be driving past Wal-Mart.
The apartment complex, Pinnicle Canyon View, right behind Wal-Mart is where I live, but It's a little confusing on the inside with all the buildings and whatnot. Instead of taking the front enterence, drive past it and turn left onto 1430 S, and enter in the side enterence on the south end.
This next part's a little confusing to explain, so I'll make sure a throw up a couple of signs to help you find the place. Once your in the parking lot you'll turn right (driving alongside 1430 S the same direction you already were) and go forward until you can't anymore and follow the road left. I'll be the first building on the left-hand side.
The building is #8, but good luck finding that posted anywhere. My place is #1362, the very south-west apartment on the bottom floor. Again, I'll mark it with some signs, and go ahead and just walk in... maybe I'll prop the door open. If you have ANY problems, call my cell-phone, the number is (435)406-9012.

Also, you can park anywhere you can find a spot EXCEPT the covered parking.

And I hope you can make it, Idaho. Sorry we made you drive another 30 minutes to Orem, DEAL WITH IT!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hey Layne, is there room for another TV+cube+recorder at your place?

If so, I'll bring my stuff on Saturday.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
hmmm... I might be able to go to this one (that is if I am allowed to go (I haven't told them about this yet :p 0~0))

This will be my first time going over to an organized SSBM event.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
i need a teammate, unless junpei still wants to be teams.
HA! I'm coming to this one. Junpei and I are teammates. Sorry.

Due to lack of, and cause my sister is that way. I won't be bringing anything to this biweekly this time. So-orrrry.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
'ey Phil I'll team with ya if you need a partner. I can go either ganondorf or doc pretty evenly in teams....... I dunno how well that works with samus, really. I suppose when (not if) you shoot me with a fully charged ball if im doc i can cape it back and hit them if they jumped over it or something. I don't know :p.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
'ey Phil I'll team with ya if you need a partner. I can go either ganondorf or doc pretty evenly in teams....... I dunno how well that works with samus, really. I suppose when (not if) you shoot me with a fully charged ball if im doc i can cape it back and hit them if they jumped over it or something. I don't know :p.
perfect. we'll be number 1 for sure. dont worry about my charged shot. it has a homing device on junpei.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Yeah watch out for his charge shots...I remember one match where he shot at me 5 times :laugh:

lengeta

Smash Ace
Vyquinzum, hope you can make it!

Rage, yeah, we have plenty of room more more Tvs and such. We can even use the bedrooms if we have to.

Jeyt, no worries. Worst case senario: we only have 3 stations.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
...I just remembered about the $2 and I also remembered that I just barely a week ago I pitched in some money (or rather all of my money) to buy Wii Play and a Nunchuck.

So then when I remembered about this I went scrounging(did I spell this correctly:psycho: ) around for change (that I was going trade for ones) and all I could find was $1.97

I was kinda dissapointed, because I wanted to go and then when I was organizing my scriptorial cassete tapes (yes cassete tapes XP), I found a 5 dollar bill...:)

I feel so lucky...:laugh:

Takalth

Smash Ace
Ah, a new smasher (or at least one I've never seen post before). Where do you live, and will you need a ride?

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
Ah, a new smasher (or at least one I've never seen post before). Where do you live, and will you need a ride?
depends on where you live...PM me

If the smash meetings are close enough, I might a ride with someone I know personally...

But I might be having Jeyt help me handle that...

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry Lengeta, I probably won't be able to go, because of some complications at home and this being the first time to attempt to meet someone from the net (my parents are very uneasy about this).:ohwell:

maybe next time...hopefully

lengeta

Smash Ace
It's totally understandible, there's absolutly no way to test integrity over the internet in any way, shape, or form. It's also hard to give videogames priority over a lot of other stuff, so it's understandible you can't make it anyway. We've tried to get these things into more public places, but then we just end up giving some venue all the money everyone's pooled, so we've been sticking with the homes of better known players in the community, especally with these lower-cost ones, the money is just there to give incentive to win, really.

Let your parents know they are free to head here themselves, check things out and see if they think everything's cool, and even stick around if they want to although it will probably be very, VERY boring for them. We do have a more public tourny coming up at the UofU, but it's going to be a big one so the entrance fee will be very high. Hope you can make the next one.

Also, try not to double-post, but rather edit your previous post instead. The mods tend to look down on that and they don't have a script installed that will auto-edit it for you (I think that's a default feature of phpBB's forum script... I've never delt with vBulletin though).

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
Current Edit:

I know it is kinda soon, but is there any plans for where the next tourney is being held?

I guess I could ask my parents if it is ok to host...but I not sure how it would turn out
(gah, my dad still doesn't know about this XP)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will see if I can convince my mom or dad to come over a little while...

...less then 10 posts and I still haven't seen the edit button :) :p (aka sorry for double-posting)

---edit---
testing...

I have a question...does editting do the same thing as a post and bumps it or does it remain where it is currently

...well I guess doing this will help me find that out

...and to just stay on topic, I haven't even told my dad about this, so I'm wondering how he is going to react to this...

Top Bottom