• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Smash Champ Tourney!!! Featuring ENIX MOOGLE!

Gojira

Smash Lord
Date
Saturday, December 16th, 2006
Teams Begins: 1:30pm
Singles Begins: after Teams tournament ends

8796 Landover Cir.
Sandy, UT
(FTS' house)
(when looking up directions remember that Highland Dr. = 2000 E)

Entry
Singles: $10.00 entry fee
Teams: $5.00 per teammmate
(no refunds after tournament starts)
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

Good player featured this tourney=EnixMoogle

BYOC: Bring Your Own Controller

Controllers can be rented for 10$ and you will get a 5 dollar rebate when you return them

Tournament Format
Round Robin Pools into Double Elimination Bracket
4 stock, 8min
Best 2 of 3

Additional Rules

Knock-out: Before the match set, each player may choose one stage to knock-out for the entire set.

Advanced Slob Picks: First match stage will be random. Loser chooses the next stage, then the winner chooses character, then the loser chooses character.

Items: OFF

Double Blind Pick, where both players secretly choose their character, is available for the first match of every set.

Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Banned Stages: Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, Venom, Big Blue, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Yoshi's Island 64
(non-banned stages may be counter picked)

Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned in teams due to lag

Team Attack ON

Life stealing is allowed

Illegal conduct: Any use of glitches (ex. IC's freeze glitch), prolonged stall tactics (ex. Peach wall-bomb used to stall), and functional controler modifications (ex. L/R trigger modifications) are banned. Participating in any of these practices, along with any improper behavioral conduct (ex. physically distracting an opponate) will drop you from the tournament.

Updates
12/09/06
Location and prize distribution change

lengeta

Smash Ace
UNDERMINDED!!!

But meh, I'll have a couple people show up at my place the 16th, but if there's not a lot of us we'll try coming to this late.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Huh. Well, seeing that it's in the middle of winter break, possibility of going has given raise from 25% to 50%.

We'll see.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm lame, I can't make it to this

And I heard it snowed crap like crazy why do I miss out on cute things

Takalth

Smash Ace
Excellent. It's the only Saturday in December that I have free. Count me in.

BTW: what character(s) does EnixMoogle use?

gnosis

Smash Lord
I have a good chance of going to this one; which will be the first out-of-city tourney for me since that last big one in Utah in May!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hmmm...couldn't resist another tourny before the big one, eh? :) And I'm guessing the UST series ended with USX...so now it's just a regular title until next year's series (possibly).
Well, I'm glad that I'll be able to see (and play) Enix, again (he's from AZ and came to UST5, right? I don't want to mistaken him for someone else.) I've had a blast playing him the first time.

dontstoplaughing

Smash Cadet
so! i will try and make it. i just requested work off that day at both jobs... and i hope nothing comes up. but i guess if i want to come bad enough, i'll make it happen right? right. i just need to want to come really bad. does that make sense? oh well. see you all there.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Hmmm...couldn't resist another tourny before the big one, eh? :) And I'm guessing the UST series ended with USX...so now it's just a regular title until next year's series (possibly).
Well, I'm glad that I'll be able to see (and play) Enix, again (he's from AZ and came to UST5, right? I don't want to mistaken him for someone else.) I've had a blast playing him the first time.
Utah Smash champ is the only thing I could think of other then UST something

BTW, phil; see if you can pin down that 160 dollar a day place for BIg @$$ its perfect.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Hmmm...couldn't resist another tourny before the big one, eh? :)
Well, since it looks like the big tournament will be in the March/April territory instead of the original plan, I certainly don't want to wait until then for another tournament.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
hey, why has the location changed?
anyways...i can bring a tv and cube, if there's room.

wut up Yamer, long time no talk to since the last neumont. i heard u got WAYYYY good.

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
hey, why has the location changed?
anyways...i can bring a tv and cube, if there's room.

wut up Yamer, long time no talk to since the last neumont. i heard u got WAYYYY good.
yeah why are things changing? I was always wayyyy good ;) LOL. I can't wait to play you guys again.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm not positive I'm going yet, but if I do me and a couple others would probably need housing friday night.

Just a place to rest our weary (and properly hygienic =) ) heads!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wow! At this rate, this tourny will be even bigger and have an even tougher competition than USX.
Just one week anyway...and I'm kind of excited!

Gojira

Smash Lord
things are changing

i put the prize distribution to better fit what we have already been going by. The location changed to better fit another hosts preferences but may be changed back in a day or two, highly diubtful though.

Also, this is the last tourney i am going to host until Ultimate showqdown of ultimate destiny 2 That leaving only one official host left, I dont know how much mroe tourneys utah will have.

Also, if the changed to location stays, it will be a pretty packed tourney.However If I change tthe location back to the original location, is it allright if i get a ride with you yamer on your way into utah?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
....enix moogle? good? psh... i dont know where you think of such things, he's super scrub, i four stock him lol

sorry chucky, lol

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hmm... iff Goji and FTS stop doing tourny's, maybe you guys'll be so desperate that you'd actually come to So. Utah! ZOMFG. >>

I'll do one in Feb. or somethin'.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, at least Enix Moogle will have a warm welcome somewhere. I'm sorry I biffed the Idaho tournament. I have to work on this day. :(

Enix, a high profile OOS smasher? I love Enix Moogle to death, but I beat him at UST5. Does that make me high profile? :laugh:

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
Enix, a high profile OOS smasher? I love Enix Moogle to death, but I beat him at UST5. Does that make me high profile? :laugh:
You beat me at your first rexburg tournaments, but now I can beat you any day of the week. ;) Based on that I would have to say no. LOL

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You beat me at your first rexburg tournaments, but now I can beat you any day of the week. ;) Based on that I would have to say no. LOL
You'd better take first, second, and third just for Idaho. Yes, you have to enter yourself three times.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So is the change back to FTS's house final? I want to know because I'm hoping to try to get some of the newcomers that came last time (they go to my school) to come again, and I need confirmed information to tell them.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Is there any way this tournament can start at around 12:00 or 12:30?

Edit: I have to work later on in the day but if it starts earlier then I can at least do doubles.

gnosis

Smash Lord
catastrophe success! lol.

I think have the longest streak of uncontrollable circumstances popping up last minute to ruin my chances of going. Anyone care to enter competition with me?

dontstoplaughing

Smash Cadet
hey all, i'm looking for a partner for teams. not asking for any commitments before hand- just if we're both partner-less when we arrive at the tourney, i'll hook up with ya. and if you're REALLY good....i'll pay your entry fee. j/k i'm not desperate PLEASE BE MY PARTNER

oh and BC, wanna money match some Link's? i never get to play Link on Link. or, not as often as i'd like.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there if I can get someone to cover my shift. It's just REALLY hard when everyone doesn't want to work that day. Also, I'm partnerless (stupid metal), I'd be looking for someone too.

Got a cube and extra controller for someone, if needed.

P.S. KC, you still owe me $8.

Top Bottom