• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I live in Orem.
I'm Rockmix and its nice to meet you
Cool that is really close to me, lets smash.
Are you at BYU?

I'm there :D
Indeed I am at BYU, living at Heritage. We should get together for some smash. My dorm is open for small fests or possibly even tournaments.

My number is 2085593972 anyone can send me a text so I have your number, and please let me know when anything is going on. Owning on my roommates day in and day out is growing a bit tiresome.

r3d d09

Smash Master
OKay. So, basically people that you should care about for smashing with is the mexis, Yaz* but he wont play, preparing for a mission*, RJ *smashes all the time*, and Sinz. Everyone else is bad or doesn't play anymore.

excluded from the list is ciz for moving.

I play reach now. Going to try and get my sponsorship back for a bit.
probably will sell my wii, will visit some fests/tourneys when i feel like it.
this post is all over.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Same here, except i dont actually do well, i just do mediocre and then have my few good days :3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My problem is that i only joined the scene 6ish months ago and dont have much experience in mu's and stuff... :/

vazor

Smash Apprentice
OKay. So, basically people that you should care about for smashing with is the mexis, Yaz* but he wont play, preparing for a mission*, RJ *smashes all the time*, and Sinz. Everyone else is bad or doesn't play anymore.
I wouldn't call lanky bad...
And don't forget XDDD and KANG! if you can find them...
Also I presume you're counting DRyu and Zeth as part of the mexis...
And Yamer when he is in town heh...

r3d d09

Smash Master
I wouldn't call lanky bad...
And don't forget XDDD and KANG! if you can find them...
Also I presume you're counting DRyu and Zeth as part of the mexis...
And Yamer when he is in town heh...
Lanky RARELY plays, i play more than him.
i didn't unclude xddd and kang because of what you said, and i did count them as the mexis. and Yamer, last time i saw him was last year, and he still has my zune transmitter.

I still stand by my previous post.

also, took some images from link zz posted and tweaked a bit, nothing serious as of now. just wanted to change my background. * don't say anything relating to a critique, as this isn't even close to done, just a 1 minute things in PS. *

Yes, i know it's way cluttered. I get lazy at times.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why all the negativity, what ever happened to keeping a positive attitude?!

r3d d09

Smash Master
Why all the negativity, what ever happened to keeping a positive attitude?!
It's not negative. I'm just saying. the people i didn't list haven't fully developed their character. Like you said yourself ZZ, only 3 months.

Our state i think has more potential than anyother that I've came across. It's just our scene is small which sucks.

Rockmix probably got better, faster picking up a new char than i've ever seen someone else do so. His wario got beastly quick.

Everyone just needs to practice, even Chris, his sonic is pretty predictable. Everyone on a pro level agrees with me on this. If you can read, you can beat Chris. I'd really like to go to a tourney next month or so and see that everyone has developed by a substantial amount :)

Well it was nice knowing you r3d d0g.
I'm not leaving, just not going to be nearly as active as i was before.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Our state i think has more potential than anyother that I've came across. It's just our scene is small which sucks.
I like that word, potential. In my eyes, potential means "wasted talent".
So when a teacher tells you that you have a lot of potential, it means you're just lazy and you don't make use of anything to improve. :laugh:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Not that I really care or anything, but I got wins against top players in this state.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hopefully I'll have to come to more tournies to show my "underdeveloped" Zelda ^^ Probably not going to happen with this new job though (assuming all goes well with insurance testing, blarghy)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I got ***** hard by ladas wolf... Stupid 35:65 mu that I have 0 experience in... I'd much rather just fight his rob...

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I wanna see your Zelda dawg. I play her too.
Sure thing. I'll try to make things work out for the next tourney, though I can't hold any guarantees. New job goes from 2-9 typically, though Saturdays I heard I can work a bit (since it's a field day of going to peoples home, working from, like, 8-1 could totally be possible).

r3d d09

Smash Master
I like that word, potential. In my eyes, potential means "wasted talent".
So when a teacher tells you that you have a lot of potential, it means you're just lazy and you don't make use of anything to improve. :laugh:
i'm not being a teacher, i'm saying. potential because people will have to put forth time into their character, not just play every now and then.

Lol, red dog getting competitive at REACH?
Guess I get to **** him in TWO games now (:
I didn't say competitive with reach.I didn't buy my reach, people that want me to get back into halo, bought it for me. I've already played with some big names, almost got a 2.0 kdr already. ;3

When i'm able to do this without playing any halo since halo 2. Just imagine if I would have stayed. I have invites already to some tourneys with ghost, karma, strong, and a few others. GET@ME Chris ;).

text me and we'll play on xbl together.

add me xbl: r3d d09

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i'm not being a teacher, i'm saying. potential because people will have to put forth time into their character, not just play every now and then.
Oh, I know that. That was just something my teacher taught to us in class which I thought was funny.
But the same thing still applies here. Smashers need to put more time and practice, like you said.

Some people say they want Melee tourneys. I wonder if they actually put time into practicing on their own though.
And doing smashfests would help than doing a random melee tourney and trying to learn after losing every match.

The Mexis are good at Smash because they play(ed?) a lot of Smash together and with others until they got used to all their matchups.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Oh, I know that. That was just something my teacher taught to us in class which I thought was funny.
But the same thing still applies here. Smashers need to put more time and practice, like you said.

Some people say they want Melee tourneys. I wonder if they actually put time into practicing on their own though.
And doing smashfests would help than doing a random melee tourney and trying to learn after losing every match.

The Mexis are good at Smash because they play(ed?) a lot of Smash together and with others until they got used to all their matchups.
I agree with this on so many levels xD. haha.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I would play other people all the time, but the nearest person to me is like 30ish mins >.>

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm not that far from you, but brawl isn't fun enough to practice lol. Not to mention I don't have to play ever and I still beat Utah's gay scene hahahaha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not that far from you, but brawl isn't fun enough to practice lol. Not to mention I don't have to play ever and I still beat Utah's gay scene hahahaha.
LOL at C!Z's "Option Select". C!Z can john about losing because he doesn't play the game, but he can brag about winning when he does.

But yeah, practicing Brawl solo sounds difficult/boring. I don't think I could ever do that.
I'd rather play with people if I wanted to get better at that game.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well I've only lost to Chris in the last 2 brawl tourneys I've played, and I split it with him this time taking a set. So for never playing i'd say that ain't shabby.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well I've only lost to Chris in the last 2 brawl tourneys I've played, and I split it with him this time taking a set. So for never playing i'd say that ain't shabby.
Just curious, but did you actually spend time getting better at Brawl or did skill just transfer from Melee?
Regardless, ranking under X is pretty awesome for not really focusing on Brawl.

Gangsta_Falcon

Smash Rookie
Not that I really care or anything, but I got wins against top players in this state.
not that I care or anything but I got wins against mars.

Hopefully I'll have to come to more tournies to show my "underdeveloped" Zelda ^^ Probably not going to happen with this new job though (assuming all goes well with insurance testing, blarghy)
zelda is trash
I wanna see your Zelda dawg. I play her too.
mars stick to sheik
tsuteto's zelda might beast your zelda
sorry guys but mars' zelda is FAAAAAAAAAAAAR beyond tsutetos.

AM I ANY GOOD GUYS?
Nope, I got ***** by X.
that.
Lol, red dog getting competitive at REACH?
Guess I get to **** him in TWO games now (:
he is competitive at a toothbrush?

experience is key to smash cant even lie.

but playing smart in itself makes little need to learn a MU
I would play other people all the time, but the nearest person to me is like 30ish mins >.>
I live like 2 hours from the good ones yet we play all the time.......
lol ciz you suck at brawl dude.

you on that "lol im a stereotypical mk main" status.
LOL at C!Z's "Option Select". C!Z can john about losing because he doesn't play the game, but he can brag about winning when he does.

But yeah, practicing Brawl solo sounds difficult/boring. I don't think I could ever do that.
I'd rather play with people if I wanted to get better at that game.
lol cuz he mad.
cuz you play all the scrubs obv.
Just curious, but did you actually spend time getting better at Brawl or did skill just transfer from Melee?
Regardless, ranking under X is pretty awesome for not really focusing on Brawl.
well brawl doesnt have combos.

so yeah.

r3d d09

Smash Master
not that I care or anything but I got wins against mars.

zelda is trash

sorry guys but mars' zelda is FAAAAAAAAAAAAR beyond tsutetos.

that.

he is competitive at a toothbrush?

experience is key to smash cant even lie.

but playing smart in itself makes little need to learn a MU

I live like 2 hours from the good ones yet we play all the time.......

lol ciz you suck at brawl dude.

you on that "lol im a stereotypical mk main" status.

lol cuz he mad.

cuz you play all the scrubs obv.

well brawl doesnt have combos.

so yeah.
Umad, mad enough to make an alt and quote above. baha.

___X___

Smash Lord

I didn't say competitive with reach.I didn't buy my reach, people that want me to get back into halo, bought it for me. I've already played with some big names, almost got a 2.0 kdr already. ;3

When i'm able to do this without playing any halo since halo 2. Just imagine if I would have stayed. I have invites already to some tourneys with ghost, karma, strong, and a few others. GET@ME Chris ;).

text me and we'll play on xbl together.

add me xbl: r3d d09
HAHAHAHA!!!!
Get this, I hardly ever played brawl and *****, and you practiced ohhh sooo much and GOT *****. (no johns saying its a TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME)

Whether or not you have experience, I'm just THAT MUCH SMARTER.
I'm gonna get good at it and **** everyone in Utah.
including you.
watch me.

Top Bottom