• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Staz

Smash Lord
who cares what other communities think? those games are hella easy anyways, like street fighter is the easiest game EVER give me a shoto hell even sean and ill rank top ten in SFIII3s at evo.

i will say its rather un-professional of m2k and adhd to do that but m2k doesnt even like smash from what ive heard, so he has no reason to be professional about it

and adhd is like 12 years old. which is perfect reason to not be professional in any aspect of life.

tl;dr
other communities suck anyways

and

pros dont have to be professional.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i could care less about what other nerdy communities think about our nerdy community.

Also splits happen all the time, not a big deal.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
who cares what other communities think? those games are hella easy anyways, like street fighter is the easiest game EVER give me a shoto hell even sean and ill rank top ten in SFIII3s at evo.
I lol'ed. Thanks for the laugh. I know you're joking, but I still found it funny.
A game is a game. No use comparing games saying which one is easy or not in self defense just because something happened in the Smash scene.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
who cares what other communities think?

pros dont have to be professional.
It's true we shouldn't let other esports scene's biases influence us.
Pros don't have to be professional, it's true- but I think until we get recognition and are watched just as much as any other sport- if you truly care about esports you would be professional. It frustrates me because I love smash and I see our best people playing awesome and doing well at tournaments, but where are the sponsorships?! Where are the big audiences?? The same thing that is happening in Utah's SFIV and SC2 scenes should be happening in the Smash scene, but it is not. I know I can't really change X or mew2king but if I could I would make them more professional, more polite, more appealing to the masses to watch, and more willing to go make contacts, find those sponsorships, and make esports and the industry here more legitimate- oh and have them encourage growth and skill improvement in the Utah Scene better. It's great to make sure they're passionate and want to be the best they can be- but that hardcore attitude plus the constant money tournaments really kills any fans or casual players we could have.

tl;dr

that explains mew2king and adhd, so what is X's excuse? :p

Also splits happen all the time, not a big deal.
I disagree - I think it is a big deal. That was a long rant. XD

So I carved this pumpkin, what do you guys think?
Nice one! I carved a pumpkin today too but it wasn't smash related.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
sorry guys but it seems that my ride could not get those days off from work...

but i haven't given up yet!! im going to ask Ichigo and if someone can get a hold of lanky that would be awesome

Steve! you should text Glen the kid you met at geex! he's got a car maybe he would go

-Mars-

Smash Hero
well i need the money anyways so count me out. i have a car and i get my license back end of november so we can start making trips then without this car issue.

Staz

Smash Lord
I lol'ed. Thanks for the laugh. I know you're joking, but I still found it funny.
A game is a game. No use comparing games saying which one is easy or not in self defense just because something happened in the Smash scene.
yeah but street fighter is still stupid easy.

It's true we shouldn't let other esports scene's biases influence us.
Pros don't have to be professional, it's true- but I think until we get recognition and are watched just as much as any other sport- if you truly care about esports you would be professional. It frustrates me because I love smash and I see our best people playing awesome and doing well at tournaments, but where are the sponsorships?! Where are the big audiences?? The same thing that is happening in Utah's SFIV and SC2 scenes should be happening in the Smash scene, but it is not. I know I can't really change X or mew2king but if I could I would make them more professional, more polite, more appealing to the masses to watch, and more willing to go make contacts, find those sponsorships, and make esports and the industry here more legitimate- oh and have them encourage growth and skill improvement in the Utah Scene better. It's great to make sure they're passionate and want to be the best they can be- but that hardcore attitude plus the constant money tournaments really kills any fans or casual players we could have.

tl;dr

that explains mew2king and adhd, so what is X's excuse? :p

I disagree - I think it is a big deal. That was a long rant. XD

Nice one! I carved a pumpkin today too but it wasn't smash related.
cool story, bro.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hey Utah! I hearz you guyz iz lyk mad lololololllololegit @ Brawlz. Or @ least Staz and Mars think y'all are like, pro amazing awesomeness.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282672

This is Nov.13 and you guyz should come so we can all play and have fun and drink. Obviously since Utah doesn't have that big of a scene (or any notables 'cept X who is legit) I can understand if y'all can't make it on short notice. I just thought I'd extend the invite in case Staz and Mars wanted to back up their **** talking.

Also there's a mad legit beer pong tournament afterwards (which is the real reason everyone is coming; and we leave brawl @ the door lol. It's all BP @ that point.)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
SO you want us to travel all the way to Cockacuckooo, Missouri where i will probably be lynched and thrown in the back of a pick em up truck just so we can play beer pong?????

Bwahahahhahahaha mad funny.

Edit: Oh snap forgot Legan is from Missouri that dood is beastly.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
WEST VALLEY APPLEBEES
For the month of NOVEMBER
Every SATURDAY NIGHT is SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL NIGHT!
10PM-CLOSE(1AM)
Competition-Prizes to the top 3 winners

Plus $4.00 OFF appetizers Saturday nights

The location is 3394 S. Decker Lake Dr.
By the E-Center
Forward Message

Staz

Smash Lord
whoa.

missouri has a scene?

ohw8 thats what i was gonna post til i read about the beer pong part....

then i realized they dont have a scene and its jus a bunch college kids who think they know how2brawl cuz they can all beat they friends on wifi and at skool

real smashers dont leave smash at the door wtf.

the beer pong tourney prolly consists of the 4 people in MO that could afford a wii and 3 of them dont know what the internet is.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hylian, Nicole and Legan are all MO (and that's just from StL).

Btw, does Utah have a PR to find y'alls smashers? I know some don't (and we don't) but I really dunno where to find who y'all have 'cept X.

Srsly catz be trollin' even when ppl try and settle this in Brawl. If y'all come I'm sure MO would be glad to crews battle and I'd front the money (for MO) to cover whatever amount per head y'all want to throw down. Didn't y'all know MO is the land of ICs? Plus we have mid and low tier mains that are good. Don't believe? Deal with it.

Staz

Smash Lord
Hylian, Nicole and Legan are all MO (and that's just from StL).

Btw, does Utah have a PR to find y'alls smashers? I know some don't (and we don't) but I really dunno where to find who y'all have 'cept X.

Srsly catz be trollin' even when ppl try and settle this in Brawl. If y'all come I'm sure MO would be glad to crews battle and I'd front the money (for MO) to cover whatever amount per head y'all want to throw down. Didn't y'all know MO is the land of ICs? Plus we have mid and low tier mains that are good. Don't believe? Deal with it.
whos hylian? isnt that some scrubby ic main that people suck off cuz he calls chaingrabbing hylian something something or some other dumb thing

that ****s been round since melee days jus hella harder to do, brawl jus made z-tossing hella easier to do wit nanas throws

nicole is a girls name. girls dont play smash.

legan mains link. i dont need to say anything else.

no one cares about ic's theres like 2 good ones. its more like the land of gimp nana.

Teh Future

Smash Master
the beer pong tourney prolly consists of the 4 people in MO that could afford a wii and 3 of them dont know what the internet is.
LOL this is coming from someone who lives in ****ing utah? I guarantee you St. Louis is a better place than anywhere you have in your ****ty state.

you seem like someone who gets jealous when other people know how to have a good time because your face prob looks weird and your socially awkward.

That being said utah has a yoshi pumpkin main who hosts tournaments and their best player is a sonic whos supposed to be super chill. So basically I understand Utah...

You guys are probably awesome but everyone has people that make their scene look bad

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Ahhhh gotta love **** talk.

Srsly Utah, get your ppl in check and ****. They're hyping and **** but it's not amounting to anything.

Soooooo like I was saying, come to KMYM2 :D

Staz

Smash Lord
LOL this is coming from someone who lives in ****ing utah? I guarantee you St. Louis is a better place than anywhere you have in your ****ty state.

you seem like someone who gets jealous when other people know how to have a good time because your face prob looks weird and your socially awkward.

That being said utah has a yoshi pumpkin main who hosts tournaments and their best player is a sonic whos supposed to be super chill. So basically I understand Utah...

You guys are probably awesome but everyone has people that make their scene look bad
lol im sorry but if yall ever came to a GK party or tourney here in ut you would **** yourself bruh.

not that anyone cares the difference between getting drunk in the wilderness in a log cabin aside the river with 2 tvs and 1 wii after a smash tourney and getting drunk surrounded by half(sometimes full on) naked "mormon" girls and ****. utah has the best women EVER. even cali looks like garbz in comparison mang

anyone can carve a pumpkin like that, its called the internet and a printer

ujusmadcuzthatbearstoleallyobeerlastparty.
Ahhhh gotta love **** talk.

Srsly Utah, get your ppl in check and ****. They're hyping and **** but it's not amounting to anything.

Soooooo like I was saying, come to KMYM2 :D
ahhh gotta love random kirby mains.

srsly kirby boards, get your ppl in check and ****. they're failing at wolf and **** but its not amounting to anything.

so like i was saying have fun with your mom-sister and bro-uncle getting drunk with the rest of the hills have eyes smash community

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
WEST VALLEY APPLEBEES
For the month of NOVEMBER
Every SATURDAY NIGHT is SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL NIGHT!
10PM-CLOSE(1AM)
Competition-Prizes to the top 3 winners

Plus $4.00 OFF appetizers Saturday nights

The location is 3394 S. Decker Lake Dr.
By the E-Center
Forward Message
lol is that for real? I may go to some of those if it's true :laugh:

And our PR's ATM goes like this:
1. __X__ :sonic:
2. Sexy Yaz :metaknight:
3. Dark Ryu :diddy:
4. Lada :rob:
5. lanky_gunner :snake:

Cook

Smash Master
Lol, this is hellarious. Jowii and Future, you guys are terrible at getting people to come to tournaments. I don't think coming in and making fun of their state is really the way to get them to come, lol.

Still, it's really funny to hear someone from UT talk about how ****ty another state is. I mean, MAYBE you can talk **** about WY. Or the Dakotas. How can someone seriously claim that UT has the hottest girls? Too funny.

I'm scurred of X, though. :psycho:

Nicole

Smash Champion
I dont know if you guys have heard of me, I mean I'm kind of a big deal on the coasts and down in florida, but I understand that you guys live under a rock in butt**** utah, so perhaps I'll forgive your ignorance if you get your ***** to a part of the country that even you'd be happy to live in and show us why the only person who matters from your state is a SONIC main OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

And yeah, Lanky SUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXX, wtf is he doing on the PR?????

UTAH HASNT BEEN COOL SINCE U GAIZ HAD KARL MALONE.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
But Cook srsly I thought this was how to invite bad ppl? I mean, unheard of states within their own regions should have something to prove right?

MO is known in the Midwest easily.

Utah in Southwest? I livedi n TX long enough to know that no one in the Southwest even bothers to mention Utah unless it's to reference X.

I think the only way ppl even hear about Utah is when they search UT lookin' for University of TX and happen to stumble upon it.

Staz

Smash Lord
No way in hell is Lanky top 5 in Utah.
agree/10

but then again pr kinda just like doesnt do anything at all anymore.

Lol, this is hellarious. Jowii and Future, you guys are terrible at getting people to come to tournaments. I don't think coming in and making fun of their state is really the way to get them to come, lol.

Still, it's really funny to hear someone from UT talk about how ****ty another state is. I mean, MAYBE you can talk **** about WY. Or the Dakotas. How can someone seriously claim that UT has the hottest girls? Too funny.
why would anyone wanna go to one there anyways? i like how all 3 members of the hills have eyes scene showed up in the thread though, i didnt think all 3 had internet.... but then again you prolly all live in the same house and are bro-uncles and daddy sons and raccoon sisters

its funny how umad.

i seen me some st louis girls bruh, its more like saint loose and floppy.

and thats just their breasts alone imagine wtf how blue and mushroom coated the waffle is gonna be

Top Bottom